What this is
- A **CIRCUIT CHALLENGE**
- The more circuit points you earn, the greater a chance at fame and a featured card!
- You do not necessarily need to create cards specifically for this challenge, but certainly keep it in mind and submit any cards that happen to fit the challenge as you create them over the next month.
- 1st Place: 1 Circuit Point
- 2nd Place: 3/4 Circuit Point
- 3rd Place: 1/2 Circuit Point
- Honorable Mention(s): 1/4 Circuit Point
- Each day, I will include a method to receive bonus prizes and other fun goodies.
- Unlimited Entries (Let's make it simple!)
- You can always edit.
- No Spotlighting for this contest :'(
- Keep it clean, no 5-minute fighting majors.
- Check back daily to see if it is a day that I will allow old cards as entries. Otherwise, new cards only!
The Challenge: Background
- I've noticed over the years a rather picky balancing issue with the cool people over at wizards. In each color exists common combat mechanics that are highly associated with that color (i.e. Green and Trample). I've noticed a phenomenon, however, that we are going to tackle with this challenge. In each color, there exists a mechanic that is abundant in all rarities except for mythic rares of that color. This means that there are lots of commons, uncommons, and rares that use the mechanic within that color, but almost none (2 or less) or absolutely no mythic rare creatures in that color have the mechanic. For example, there are plenty of rare, mono-green creatures with flying, but there are no mythic rare mono-green creatures with flying.
The Challenge: Objective & Options
- You are going to create monocolored mythic rare creatures. You have 5 options (You do not have to mention the option with your entry.)
- Mono-White Option: Create a mythic rare, mono-white creature with trample.
- Mono-Blue Option: Create a mythic rare, mono-blue creature that can't be blocked.
- Mono-Black Option: Create a mythic rare, mono-black creature with first strike.
- Mono-Red Option: Create a mythic rare, mono-red creature with first strike.
- Mono-Green Option: Create a mythic rare, mono-green creature with flying.
Judging Criteria and Tips to Consider:
- Obviously, wizards has opted to stray mostly free from the cards we are creating. There are reasons for this that we don't need to get into. All we need to keep in mind is:
- Balancing is key
- Formatting is essential
- Mythic Rares are not always Legendary Creatures.
- Mythic Rares are not always almighty.
- Consider creature type.
- IMPORTANT: The creature must have the ability to begin with. It cannot gain the ability via an activated or triggered ability.
Deadline for this contest is May 30, 2018
- Multiple judges possible
- There will not be one winner for each option. Options will be graded as one.