Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• Hey,
    I've made a set of cards which are meant to be somewhat pushed enabler cards for the modern format. I was inspired to do so by Modern Horizons as it is now possible to have cards printed in modern that are probably too good for standard so I'm trying to strike that balance!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/ControlFreak92/sets/42427

Please take a look and let me know what you think!
  • @ControlFreak92
    Please read the thread rules - comment on or favorite the card posted before yours, then post up to two cards of your own for others to see. Aside from that, I'll just comment on one of the cards I saw.

Pinging @Faiths_Guide so he can post the rules again, since I don't know if they've changed since I last saw them.

Lasceration
    I assume the misspelling is accidental and it is meant to be Laceration.

Honestly, I think this is a weaker Lightning Strike if you have multiples. It is your general 2-mana Lightning Bolt with some extra strings attached - the first one gives lifelink to the next instant/sorcery you cast, but you have absolutely no reason to play multiples of this if there's already one in your graveyard. Another issue I have is that white doesn't really do much for the card except for lifelink - I would probably take Lightning Strike over this in general - it is easier to cast and has no negatives, compared to having to counter your own spell.

Next Up

Comment or favorite this card, then post up to two of your own!
  • @Damnation

Interesting design, I like it. Works both ways and looks fair and fun to use!

Next:

• edited June 2019
    @pjbear2005 - Faved. Remember to capitalise 'Plains'. Also, WotC wording for the last ability would probably specify an untapped Plains or else say "Whenever you tap a Plains for mana".

Next:

• @Dom_Rocks, nice design. I would change the plane of Lumbering Construct to somewhere like Mirrodin/New Phyrexia, as is one of the only planes that currently supports colored artifacts. Maybe something like this:

Tanglewood Optimizer
    3G
    Artifact creature - Horror
    Trample
    Forest you control have "T: Add CC."
    "Creepy flavor text."

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/charismatic-captain
  • edited June 2019
    @Temurzoa
    I think your card is pretty good, but a bit average when it comes to originality. Nice art choice, though.
    Next:
  • edited June 2019
    @KorandAngels Welp, since you posted two cards, I'm only gonna comment on the second one.

Two complaints I have for this card is that Horde Ninjutsu is too specific to be considered a keyword ability (minor nitpick is that Horde Ninjutsu should be italicized). It should just be a normal ability that isn't specified by anything. The second complaint is whenever a Hydra is involved, +1/+1 counters always follow behind. It would make more sense either for Ishmael to produce an elemental or for him to produce a 0/0 hydra with 4-5 +1/+1 counters on it. Otherwise, interesting concept!

As for my card:
  • edited June 2019
    @MonkeyPirate2002
    1. Horde ninjutsu doesn't have to make hydras, it can make any number of any tokens for any cost.
    2. I couldn't fit a complicated +1/+1 counter arrangement on the hydra. Thanks for noticing about the standard ability.
  • edited June 2019
    Kong, Guardian Of Skull Island
  • edited June 2019
    Rodan, The One Born Of Fire
  • edited June 2019
    Titanfall
  • edited June 2019
    Terapusmordax
  • @Tylermaldonado8k

Hey, you need to provide a comment on the previous card (mine) before you can post cards. It can be either on the forum or on disqus.
  • edited June 2019
    @MonkeyPirate2002 - I've commented on your card.

Next:

• edited June 2019
    @Animist what was the reason for you making a card with that artwork? I personally don't feel like that is appropriate for this website
    If you click it it brings it to the mtgcs page for it
  • edited June 2019
    @EnvyReaper - sorry, but just saying "no..." isn't very helpful feedback! Can you try again? Does it seem balanced? Is it OP? Thoughts on utility? Any rules text errors? Thanks.
  • @EnvyReaper, Jhondur's last ability should be ...you control have "...

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/palatial-animation
  • @Animist What happened to your card? It’s only been 3 days and it’s already gone!
  • edited June 2019
    @MonkeyPirate2002 - It turns out Steve Argyle has publicly asked that that piece of art not be used by anyone, which is fair enough.
  • @Temurzoa
    I can't find anything to complain about, plus I like the theme. Faved!

Here's mine:
  • edited June 2019
    @Ilmarinen left my comments in your card's... comments!

Here's mine (and I got skipped the last time I posted in this thread so give me a big smooch alongside your critique, please):

• @TheSuturedHeartMan
    Very neat card! Love the flavor and all of the abilities connect to each other well! My only issue is the mana cost. This seems very strong at 4 mana, but a 6 mana 2/2 feels bad, especially if your behind on board, where this card becomes much weaker, so 5 cmc is probably the sweet spot.
    If I was building a deck around this I'd probably start by grabbing the strongest Afterlife cards from RNA.
    smooch since you asked nicely.

My card!
  • @Red_Tower - @DomriKade had some good feedback on your card via disqus. I faved it nevertheless!

Behold!

• @TenebrisNemo, I will enjoy just saying ‘featured creatures.‘ Well done and congratulations on your featured cards!

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/deaths-dominion
  • edited June 2019
    Lets try this one out :D

I'd like to errata the creature type as a construct soldier as I feel this has the ability to craft itself into a more desirable card.

Incidentally, I really like your card @Temurzoa It's a real 4th wall breaking idea :D
  • Every now and again I sneak in and provide comments on recent cards and I forget to let you know. @madstokie and @Temurzoa - I dropped some thoughts on your respective card pages.
  • edited June 2019
    @DomriKade, welcome back! Thanks for the feedback

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/paradox-thane