Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited November 2019
    @Temurzoa - Very fun card! I've had a similar idea in mind, but haven't created a card from it yet.

Here's mine. Post a comment on the card(s) and/or favorite before posting your card(s):

image image

Edit: I changed Masked Aristocrats' rarity from common to uncommon and edited the flavor text a bit.
  • edited November 2019

Hmm... Interesting creatures there, more on the defense, but nothing compared to the dread Artanasaur.
  • @Reizon you need to comment or favourite one of the previous cards to post a new one. This rule seems to have confused a lot of people.
  • @KorandAnglesv@TenebrisNemo Reizon Commented. It is below @Reizon’s cards.
  • @shadow123 I would comment, but no matter what I post, it always comes out as spam on that site.
  • @Reizon Gatekeeper is quite interesting, but like @Tomigon said, it is not something mtg would actually use because there is only a downside to the mechanic. There should be another line after triple strike and then no period after it, but I realize you would’ve run out of space if you did so. I also agree with @Tomigon for simplifying this card. Making it smaller, but still having triple strike without the life loss would still give you value. Also credit the artist if you can, it is a very important part of making cards...

My cards:

Snow themed this time! I think you know what contest I’m making these for! Anyways, how is the wording and balancing on both of these?

imageimage
  • Most of them, I don't know the artist, sorry.
  • edited November 2019
    @shadow123
    I like Blizzard Tracker a lot. It might be too good being this repeatable, but it essentially costs 5 mana to do. So I'm not totally sure on balance, but I like it!

Snowstorm Mystic feels odd since it makes your snow basics so powerful but also pings you in green/blue. Neat concept, but I don't know that it feels quite right. Certainly doesn't strike me as being as good or as interesting from a design perspective as the Tracker.

Next Up:
    image image

Comment on Voracious Fiend or One Stone and/or give one a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide I’m glad you like them!
  • In my opinion, the Demon is a bit stronger than its equivalents like Desecration Demon and Abyssal Persecutor. The „drawback“, that an opponent can destroy it with a sacrifice of two own creatures, isn‘t really a good compensation for the cheap prize, for the creatures need to be nontoken. No player in a casual game of magic casts two creatures they don‘t need, just to sac them to a demon. It is just that I can‘t imagine me sacrificing two creatures, which advance my deck synergy or block damage for me. I would go with token creatures as well for a soft nerf. Except you want your demon a little bit more powerful than its role models.
  • I still like it, tho.
  • @Tutlaschk there's not much I can say about this card. I find it absolutely great. The only thing I would suggest would be changing the +2/+2 to a +1/+1 1) because you only sacrifice one treasure and 2) because it can be activated multiple times. You could also change it to "once per turn" or make it Sacrifice two treasures. Over all, a good solid card.

Up next: give a fave and/or comment, then post up to two cards of your own.

This is a Fuse card.
    imageimage
  • edited November 2019
    @Revan
    Usually split cards can be read "[Name 1] and [Name 2]" (ie. Breaking [and] Entering). Your's would be read "First Come and First Serve" by most, which sounds a little weird. Nice flavor and execution, but I'm not a huge fan of the art on the white side. I think it'd be better if both sides were red as shown, so different art would be a plus.

Other than that, I think the card(s) could be common and could even have fuse for this cost/effect.

Fun stuff XD

Next Up:
    image image

Unique Impostor was done for a request over at the Tavern. Feel free to head over and place your own order or just check out "The Menu" if you've got a mind to. :)

Comment on Unique Impostor or One Stone and/or give one a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide

Unique Impostor is definitely unique! The wording is a little confusing, and I suspect new players would have trouble understanding and using this card well.

Commented on One Stone

My cards

imageimage
  • edited November 2019
    @shadow123

Dying Dreams is an interesting anti-graveyard card. I can see it being a good sideboard card, but not part of a main deck except in standard.

Tree of the Ancestors really nails Abzan lore to me. It's one of the things you don't see often, but the in-trees really were the soul of the Abzan clan.

Anyways, here's my card:
  • I commented on your card.

Thoughts?
  • That is a cool design, but I think it could get out of hand quickly.

Is this card good?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/terin-shadow-mage
  • @Bowler218 commented.

My cards:

Can someone help with the wording for Winter’s End and the overall flavor and design for both?

imageimage
  • edited November 2019
    @shadow123
    Commented on Winter's End.

Fraying Thoughts might not be strong enough. Would be cool if you added copies:
    Whenever a player casts or copies a spell, that player...
    This still might not be super useful, but against storm (if you can make them draw) it'd be hilarious.

Next Up:
    In the lineage of the Hunted Cycle of creatures.

Comment on Yeti Outcast and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide

Commented. Creative design!

My card:

Is this card crazy in terms of power level?

• edited November 2019
    @shadow123
    Commented on Snow Surveyor.

Next Up:
    Created for @Temurzoa... obviously.

Comment on Temurzoa and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • edited November 2019
    @Faiths_Guide I love it. Dropping a fave now!

My card is for @Faiths_Guide:

• @shadow123
    It seems pretty balanced, I'd have made it a 2/3, but I know that is just my style.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ekrus-darkest-light
  • @Bowler218, I'm liking the design of this card. Really the only thing that's an issue, that I see, is a wording error. Should be "As an additional cost to cast Ekrus, discard a card." Also, he returns non-permanents to your library, which to me seems like more of a red-blue thing, but you do you.

Up next: Give it a fave and/or feedback, then post up to two cards of your own.
    imageimage
  • edited November 2019
    @Revan
    I'm a huge Tolkien Fan. Let me comment on both sides.

|Dug Too Deep|
    On the Enchantment side, I'd suggest to only refer to players as "they" fewer times for the first triggered ability--you also have a slight wording error and a missing period in its second sentence:
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that
    player may sacrifice a creature. If they don't,
    they lose 2 life.

The transformation requirement seems correctly worded except fewer should be less with regard to life:
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if a player has
    15 or more cards in their graveyard or 12 or less
    life, transform Dug Too Deep.

I might make both values 12 here, since it seems more likely to happen at approximately the same time that way.

I'd also prefer the name of the enchantment to be "Dig Too Deep" since it causes ongoing action, and you've only "dug" too deep once it has flipped.

|Durin's Bane|
    I'm not a fan of using nonexistent creature types (even for this type of card), so I'd make this guy just Demon, Demon Horror, or for extra accuracy Angel Demon. Flying should be listed before first strike--making it the only capitalized keyword.

The triggered ability has wording errors:
    Whenever a player loses life or sacrifices a
    creature, if it's the first time this turn, put a
    +1/+1 counter on Durin's Bane.

I may have created irregular wording, but it seems to be the most clear. Hope this helps!

Next Up:

Comment on my child and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
    *EDIT* He now specifies that he "can't be fed" by another Spoiled Whelp and is a 1/2.

I toyed with the idea of giving him a activation restriction like Dragon Whelp:
    "If this ability has been activated three or more times this turn, ~ loses flying until end of turn."
    Unfortunately, he felt uncommon at that complexity.
  • edited November 2019
    @Faiths_Guide Kinda like what DomriKade said, but most red decks wouldn’t waste a turn playing this- A 0/2 with a conditional pump isn’t the strongest. I don’t see this card fitting into any decks. I suggest this being a 1/2 or maybe even a 2/2 at uncommon. Maybe having the mana cost just be R and move it to uncommon would be better?

My two cards:
    imageimage
  • edited November 2019
    @shadow123
    Very helpful, thanks!

Blizzard Shot seems a bit to pushed for a 1 mana instant. It can take a creature out for four consecutive combat phases if you cast it before combat on your opponents turn. Snow Mastery feels strange when the only "real" mastery mechanic cares about stuff in your graveyard, and this implementation definitely pushes this one mana instant too far making it a cantrip most of the time.

Frostbreath Hydra I like a lot. I'm of the opinion that Snowburst doesn't need to be keyworded, but the way it works on the Hydra is super cool! His activated ability feels a bit pushed (maybe not to far), for the same sort of reasons as the instant. Sorcery speed restriction or perhaps an activation cost in addition to the removal of counters would fix it IMO. If you did remove the keyword, the first ability would fit in two lines and you'd have room to add sorcery speed limitations to the activated ability. Maybe because he has to remove counters and tap you could leave it as is.

Next Up:
    Newest addition to the Counter Strike Set.

Comment on Lion Clan Tactician and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide

That was very helpful, thanks. Now I keep trying to spell ‘Guide’ as ‘Giude’.
  • @Faiths_Guide I left a comment.

Anyone have any thoughts?