About a month ago, I suggested that @MTGCardsmith
add Legendary Instants, Legendary Tribal Artifacts, Legendary Tribal Enchantments, Legendary Tribal Sorceries, and Legendary Tribal Instants. On April 24th, they obliged!
With the introduction of these new card types, tons new possibilities were created... and then pretty much nothing was done with them. It's about time we change that!
Right now, there is no in-game meaning for Legendary Tribal Instant/Sorcery
. Theoretically, the "tribal" card type could be used as a rules modifier, like the "Legendary" card type on Legendary Sorceries. Here is what I have come up with:(You may cast a legendary tribal instant/sorcery only if you control a planeswalker, legendary creature, or SUBTYPE OF SPELL.)
This new rule should become our new standard for making Legendary tribal spells. That's why this contest exists. However, I recognize that there isn't a whole lot of design space for this new mechanic. So, I will be using some of Maro's new "batching" technology to include my new noncreature partner card rules!Partner for Noncreature Permanents:
Partner with CARDNAME (When this permanent enters the battlefield, target player may put CARDNAME into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
(This is a keyword triggered ability)Partner for Instants and Sorceries:
Partner with CARDNAME (Target player may put CARDNAME into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
(This is a Keyword action)
Yeah, sure, it's a bit weird to have the same mechanic work differently depending on whether it's attached to a permanent or a spell, but
, it works. Prizes.
First Place - 1 Circuit Point and 5 Favorites and 1 Month Premium Features!!
Second Place - 3/4 Point and 3 Favorites
Third Place - 1/2 Circuit Point and 3 Favorites
Honorable Mention - 1/4 Circuit Point and 1 Favorite
(I'm not ripping off the Flash Contests at all here...)Rules and Regulations
1. Cards should be new.
2. Cards must either be Legendary Tribal Instants/Sorceries
or have Partner With.
3. Legendary Tribal Instants/Sorceries must use my Tribal Legendary Spells Rule.
4. Partner Pairs do not need to include 2 noncreature cards, although they should include at least 1.
5. You don't actually have to make a Legendary Tribal Instant with Partner if you don't want to.
6. Maximum Entries: 6. 1 Legendary Tribal Instant (LTI), 1 Legendary Tribal sorcery(LTS), and 2 noncreature partner pairs.
7. If an LTI or LTS is one of the partners, it counts as a partner, not a Legendary Spell entry.
End date: June 21st, 2018.Any useful resorces? This for uploading card images
and this for forum coding.