So, for those who don't know, this last week contained the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Midway, as well as the 74th Anniversary of Operation Overlord (aka D-Day). In honor of those events, and tied in with next months Independence Day, I want to make my third contest an all American affair.
For this contest, I am looking for two types of card;
- Cards that are Red, White, and Blue (properly cost URW on the card, with whatever extra mana needed), or
- Cards that reference the US, its history, people, or patriotism.
- A maximum of three entries.
- Realism: Cards should be balanced and have proper formatting.
- Creativity: Try to avoid a card that just shows a bald eagle as a 2/2 bird with flying and no skills.
- Art: Please do NOT use any actual MTG art on your cards. I will heavily penalize cards that use MTG art. I will not stop you from using real photos of the world, but I greatly prefer art to photography.
- Newness: Please submit new cards and ideas. If you want to submit older cards, you may do so, but this will be used as a tiebreaker (where new creations rank higher against similar older cards).
Please note that ANY cards that reference current political hotbed issues or controversial politicians will be ignored. If the card is offensive, or is egregious in its design towards such things, I will report it to the mods. This means NO President Trump or President Obama, NO Wall, NO Racism, etc. Please be respectful in your crafting.
For the winners:
- 1st: a follow, and 5 likes of your choice.
- 2nd: a follow, and 4 likes of your choice.
- 3rd: 3 likes of your choice.
- Honorable Mentions: 2 likes of my choice.
Lastly, this contest ends on July 4th, 12 PM. I will post the winners later that day, or on July 5th at the latest.
Thank you, and best of luck to you all.