Feed the Birds

Hi there! I don't know about you but I love birds. I even had a edh bird tribal deck for a while. And while I had a lot of fun with it, I will admit it wasn't the best deck out there. Let's change that! I want to see some great bird tribal cards that will darken the skies of whatever edh game they're a part of. Whether that's commanders, support cards, or anything in-between, I wanna see your creative wings soar!

Now some rules for this competition
1: No joke cards. Some lighthearted easter eggs are fine. But we're looking for these to be functional balanced magic cards.
2: Only 10 entries per person. Any entries beyond that won't be considered.
3: No Entries beyond July 27.
4: No previously existing MTG art.
5: Griffens, sphinxs, or any other winged creatures are not bird tribal unless they specifically support birds somehow

Winners will be posted on July 29th (which is my birthday, more bird tribal is the only present I want.)

Top 5 entries will win:
1st: 5 favorites on cards of their choosing, 3 of my choosing, and a follow
2nd: 4 favorites on cards of their choosing, and 2 of my choosing, and a follow
3rd: 3 favorites on cards of their choosing, and 1 of my choosing, and a follow
4th: 2 favorites on cards of their choosing, and 1 of my choosing
5th: 1 favorite on a card of their, and 1 of my choosing

Also things to keep in mind, 1: the best birds/bird commanders are in bant (w/u/g) colors. Ex. Derevi. But if you wanna go outside the box and make some real cool R/B birds, I'd love to see it! 2: Design these cards with edh in mind. They don't have to be hyper-competitive level of power (though I do welcome it) but they should put birds in the realm of tribal decks to look out for in your next edh game. 2: I'll be grading on, templating spelling, art, flavor, fun, and usability.

That's it! Have a flappy day everyone! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Comments

• Birds are one of my favorite tribals as well and I play commander edh. I will be all over this contest. I have an older bird i made i think would do well here ill drop it, let me know if old er cards are allowed!
  • Old and new cards people have made are allowed. Id prefer to see new, but if you got some old creations to show off, Id be happy to judge them.
  • Sweet thanks. Don't worry, i'll be making some new birdies for this contest. My hope is you will enjoy what I come up with, I enjoy the birds in the game as well.
  • edited July 4
    Older card, Entry #1:

• edited July 4
    Newer card, Entry #2:

Happy 4th of July guys!
  • image image image image image image

These all belong to the same SET, and there are some more Bird inspired things in it ;)
  • Do griffins count id bird isn't in their subtype by chance?
  • edited July 5
    meh.
  • edited July 6
    Newer card, Entry #3:

Here's a couple of tribal bird cards
  • edited July 8
    Newer card, Entry #4:

Hug card for players casting flying creatures, but you get the extra edge of course. Centrally focused on Birds but works with any flying creatures as well.
  • edited July 15
    meh.
  • Yup, I went 5 color on the last one. It can be used for edh commander very well. Either a proliferate deck or a bird deck.
  • edited July 24
    Aided ScoutFront Line SoldierWatcher of Birds
    Raven Husher
  • edited July 8
    image The name is a joke but the card is functional
  • edited July 8
  • edited July 15
    Newer card, Entry #5:

I made this for cardsmith @brcien as well for @Ranshi922's mtgcardsmith contest which is a continuation of my cards of mtgcardsmith's contest of sorts. Idk if hes seen it yet.
  • edited July 11
    I do have a have a bird commander @sorinjace and I want to build bird edh but I wouldn't say it is a super me card XD
  • edited July 10
    @brcien that card is of you i made. Bryson is a play at brcien.
  • @brcien if your not happy with this one i made for you send me a pm with info on your favorite colors and creature types etc. I can create a new one for ya.
  • edited July 13
    OMG A BIRD CONTEST WITH 10 CARD LIMIT?!?!?! I CAN MAKE A CYCLE OF EGGS AND BIRDS OMG OMG OMG OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!....

I'll even throw in a mother-bird card with a support ability, if I have the time! :)
  • Just saying, Aryanf's cat bird deserves the win. Or second place at least.
  • Wait... do chain cards count as 3... or one?

• @HeroKP I guess you like Birds too, huh? lol :)
  • edited July 15
    poppy seeds.