Feed the Birds

2»

Comments

• edited July 2018
    imageimage
  • If the chain cards count as 3, just disregard these. But technically, they count as 1. I guess, the judge has the final word

P. S:

I couldn't help it. All my entries are part of the same thing. If it isn't too much to ask, I'd request you look at all my entries as one big entry.

• edited July 2018
    Entry #6:

• I know it isn't a Bird, but it's Bird tribal support.
  • If the cards transform, they count as one card. So youre in the clear HeroKP
  • But my cards defy the laws of physics, because cards only have 2 sides (classical example of "reality keeps ruining my life")

Is that in the clear?

I mean, we could have a separate card, and there can be a sheet that says who transforms into whoms't

Oh, and I can make 2 more cards. Don't wait up!
  • edited July 2018
    image i know for 100% you said no joke cards BUTTT, i couldn't resist
  • edited July 2018
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Alright we’re all done with submissions. Sorry judging may be a little longer than expected. Should have everything done tomorrow.
  • Ooohh exciting, I was wondering when you was going to judge this contest. Good luck to everyone here, it was fun!
  • Good luck to all. (Just saying, Aryanf needs to be in the top 3. She just does)
  • Alrighty! The wait is over. There was more entries than I thought and as much as I'd like to talk about all of them, Im just gonna give you the top 5 and announce prizes.

#5 Azula's Influence by @CnBCustoms
    The idea of birds swooping down to catch their prey in their mighty talons is a thing I envision a lot when playing bird tribal. And this card captures that feeling perfectly. Plus providing yourself with more removal and stuff to do with your birds other than beat face is always a plus. Great job!

#4 Caller of the Winged by @sorinjace
    Tutoring, card draw, and cost reduction!? What isn't there to love!? Providing birds with a tutor each upkeep is a great toolbox that birds greatly needed. Cost reduction is great in any deck looking to fill the board, and that ability to just draw a ton of cards allows this to soar into the number 4 spot. Great job!

#3 Dazzling Performer by @BorosPaladin
    Flash is a powerful mechanic. And when you have a lot of mana, being able to surprise your opponents with a flight of aven-awesomeness out of nowhere is gonna keep a lot of people on their toes. Especially while she's pulling tokens out of her sleeves. And the added ability to blink out your birds to take advantage of etb effects, protect from a board wipe, or any other negative effect, well all I can say is, Dazzling Job!

#2 Galetta Market by @fiskerton
    What do you get when you combine seaside citadel, gavony township, and cloudkey? A staple land in every bird deck ever. I covered the power of cost reduction in the #4 spot, but also being able to repeatedly buff your board is no laughing matter when you've got a feathered battalion ready to swoop down on your enemies. And it coming in untapped makes the sacrificing of a land well worth the cost. Fantastic job!

#1 Tsapor, Veteran Avenmancer by @brcien
    So I have a huge love for etb effects that can be exploited with blinking. And this one takes that, as well as my love for birds, and makes a force to be reckoned with! Being able to double the size of your feathery army for 4 mana is nothing to laugh at. And when considering the number of blinking effects in U/W and the amount of token doublers in Bant, this becomes a staple in any bird deck either as a commander, or just an amazing addition. Phenominal job!

Fantastic job everyone and thank you for participating! As for my top 5 entries, let me know what cards you'd like me to favorite, or I'll just favorite the ones of my choosing. Thanks again
  • whoohoo! thanks for the awesome contest @worldslayer15 (btw are you and I following each other? I liked this contest a lot I hope you have more in the future, thats enough reason alone for me to give you a follow if i havent already lol)

anyhow, here is my two favorites I request for placing 4th and of course you can favorite whatever you'd like as well.

1.) https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/last-request
    2.) http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fateful-phoenix

congrats to other placers in this contest!
  • Again, for the value of follows to stay high, it is highly requested from the community to keep contest favorites at a maximum of five. I really value the favorites I get, so in this spirit, I will pick 2 and you can pick three.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/boundless-armies?list=set&set=22332

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/weary-prayer?list=user
This discussion has been closed.