Ante-less remakes

So, I seem to have decided to update a number of the old ante manipulation cards to the modern sensibility. At first it was just good fun

A powerful card with a drawback. The old-school "devils deals" that make black so terrifying. A lot of power (wheel for {b}) and no other cards playing in the same territory.

But I kept going. Again, a large amount of power (retrieve an exiled card) and still something there's only a handful of. At this point I decided that if I was going to keep doing this I should probably keyword the process because it's really, really wordy and I'm replacing a keyword.

Then we get here, and I'm wondering if the life loss should be less than 3. We're now at 3 cards of 9 that originally had Ante manipulating abilities. To keyword this ability in a set would require more cards, including commons. We'll ignore that NWO red-flags the hell out of this ability, but a common that can bolt you every turn for 3 is going to have to be game-breakingly amazing or completely unplayable.

Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.