welcome to my 22nd contest, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!
So this is a flash contest guys. I know, I know I have a few other contests going on. But this idea was just lurking around in my head that if I didn't create the contest now for it, that I may have just forgotten about it. So we all know there are abilities that are normally 'not allowed' on cards for various reasons. The idea of this contest has been talked about for a little while between @Dechujoh64
and I, I didn't think he would actually go through with this due to the backlash it probably will recieve from the super serious cardsmiths, but I say, why not have some fun once in awhile? We aren't getting paid for this anyways! So without further ado, lets get to the point of this contest.
Make mono colored cards that have at least one thing on them that you would NOT NORMALLY SEE IN THAT COLOR. Preferrably, think of it like this: Is there an ability you would just love to see in a different color? Then, create it! But, can this card possibly be accepted by WotC as an actual card they could make? Well, that would be up to you, the Cardsmith! Be creative, and see if you can create something that may be scoffed at, yet could be persuaded as believable as a real magic the gathering card. For example, I like prowess, so I made a black prowess creature for this contests example. But that is my idea. Maybe you want to see an all white creature with deathtouch? Simplicity is best or you can take this further, its all up to you guys.
I know, prowess was designed to be the pump up that blue needed as well as red and white. However, I really feel that prowess can be more than just for blue white and red, respectively. Especially black. Black doesn't get the pump up that much, not as much as people try to say it does. It gets more of other things, and I play a lot of black. As for green, green doesn't necessarily need it, but I can see it being on green cards as well, and it could introduce new types of creatures to green that you wouldn't see in green without support colors such as blue, for example.
3rd place gets 3 favorites
2nd place gets 4 favorites
1st place gets 5 favorites
I will be favoriting each entry that you submit as well, and I already have created a set folder on my profile for this event. Try to approach it with some seriousness, but still be freewilled to create what you normally CAN'T or are NOT SUPPOSED to create. Most of all, have fun. I got tired of all the super serious contests going on anyways, thats not the heart of mtgcardsmith its about making cards and having fun.... right?Rules (yeah, pft pft rules....)
1. no multicolored or colorless cards. ONLY MONO COLORED CARDS PLEASE.
2. you can submit any type of a card as long as it does at least 1 thing that cards color dont normally get to do.
3. credit the artist. yes im serious (stop given me the stink eye, buddy!)
4. you can enter as many cards as you want lol if one person enters this and competes with themselves, well, yeah. lol
5. tell us your story about why you made this card. thats truly the main reason i am doing this besides being let loose to have some fun and do what we normally cant do. why did you pick that for that color? what makes you think it can be a believable thing that wotc will actually do someday (if they haven't already thought of it anyways). Convince me, and you may be at the top of the contestants list of winning this contest.
6. Nothing offensive. Yeah this is a laid back contest, don't be a jerkface and ruin the fun for everyone. god sakes, its a colorpie bendin' and twistin' contest as it is, man. (take that someplace else like the disqus or somethin. lol)
7.) custom 'mechanics' are allowed ONLY if there is at least one ability on the card not normally allowed with that color.This contest ends at the end of the day August 6th est, USA.
Good luck to everyone, and remember, happy cardsmithing! - sorinjace :)
oh yeah and in this contest.... YOU CAN DO THAT.