Spice it Up (Closed)

2»

Comments

• he's talking to the dude behind him and saying. "hmmmm, I'm hungry" and he's a vamp so he got lifelink.
  • Thanks for this fun contest! Please fav this one ~ https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sanguine-harp
  • @TheEnderDragon, I read the flavor text, I get the scene. Doesn't explain his abilities though. And creature type is not sufficient explanation - you said the rules text had to be based on the flavor text. Of course a first strike lifelink vampire makes sense mechanically, but I'd like Sorinjace to link it to the flavor text.
  • edited August 2018
    @Estuways my bad! Anyways might as well do that now. @TheEnderDragon is right, the flavor text implies dinner(lifelink) and the first strike is to ensure that dinner isn't going to 'run off' lol. I didn't read that portion of the rules.
  • Congrats to the other winners and cool cards to everyone who took the time to actually drop an entry in this very original contest! :)
  • @sorinjace Thanks a lot for your reply. And also for being honest. I felt treated unfairly when a card that seemed to disregard a portion of the contest's rules made third place and my card, which I had high hopes for and took time to link to the flavor text, didn't get anything. Me being a bit of a sore loser probably didn't help. I'm still disappointed by the judging, but hey, now I know what to expect of future contests. I mean, different people start them, right, so they might not all be bad. I really liked the idea for this one and had fun designing my card, though. Maybe I should just place less faith in the result of a contest and get my satisfaction from knowing that I designed an excellent card without having anyone else confirm it. Okay, rant over! Sorry. I've never done a contest like this and was apparently not sufficiently emotionally prepared for it! Lol, didn't expect that. Didn't mean to start beef, either.
  • @Estuways, don't worry about it, I made a mistake and you caught it, I'm actually happier that you did. If it will make you feel any better, I am favoriting your entry and I will go check out your cards and drop some feedback. I know I like getting feedback on my cards. Yeah I like favorites, (if anyone says they don't there is a very good chance that they are lying) but the feedback on cards is REALLY necessary and can in most cases make cards better. I make mistakes on my cards ALL the time lol, some small, others large, and yet somehow my cards get hit up. I try to be nice to people on here, new and old cardsmiths to the site alike, maybe thats why? I also drop feedback and support to new cardsmiths just getting started because I know I can at least help the new people out, while I am still learning from the pros. I'm getting better and better at it, but sometimes I am quick (really quick) at making cards I overlook details and therefor must edit the card later. The feedback usually reminds me of mistakes I knew I had made and havent gotten around to fixing yet, or the mistakes I completely overlooked or didn't even know existed.

Darn, that was a long reply. Hope you feel better man. Stop by Creature Feature sometime, we could use more creative creature makers there, and you read the rules, which it really needs to cardsmiths to read as it goes on (creature feature is ongoing and changes its criteria for each entry during each deadline.)
  • @sorinjace Man, you're such a gem. Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm a bit speechless. Are you too sometimes just baffled by how nice and helpful other people can be? That's how I'm feeling right now. I still have a lot to learn about this site. Thanks man, I love feedback as well. Feedback means that someone looked at my card and didn't hate it, and why do we publish cards here if not to have other people look at them? I'll go have a look at some of your cards, too (and your contest). And I should probably work on keeping it positive as well and be nice. I will. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it and it affected me in a good way (sorry for the cheese).
  • lol your good @Estuways. I know the community has a lot of cardsmiths that can be tough to communicate with, it doesn't mean that they are bashing on anyone (most of the time anyways) but a lot of the time? You can get some knowledge out of what they are 'trying' to say to you, its a lot like pulling the weeds out and keeping the good stuff (or however that saying goes...) I try to be as nice as I can but even I can be tested at times, no ones perfect. Thank you for your feedback as well, and I will keep coming back to checking on your cards as often as I can, I have a lot of people I am following, and I try to get back to people soon as something catches my attention. when they reach out to me for any card in specific they may need help on, its a whole lot easier for me to give feedback that way (like in pm or discus.)
  • Thanks for sharing @sorinjace, and thank you for your offer, I'll remember it. I know you're a very prolific cardsmith with probably a lot going on, I'm not expecting you to analyze every card I make and that's fine. You'll always be welcome to have a look, of course. See you around :)
This discussion has been closed.