Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• edited September 2018
    That fills my rare...

AxNoodle woke up after that strange dream about a mumbling man and a strange snake. Whatever or whoever they were, he knew that this was all their fault.
    AxNoodle sat up in the books. He must have been reading all night, for he had fallen asleep without knowing. He got up and trudged his way out of the library to the town. He would have to find his courage and meet with the citizens.
    As it turned out, the courage had picked a great hiding spot. AxNoodle stumbled around, finding it difficult to use his new body. Before he could make it even to the house he woke up in, a purple light pulsated underneath him. Suddenly, the annoying orb appeared again and dropped itself in his hands.
    From the light, a small, black, goopy-looking dragon-like thing came. It shrieked at him and flapped around his head. The orb slowly reached out with its string and tapped the creature on the head.
    Then, with a great roar, the light appeared again and a massive goop-dragon appeared, followed by many more of the smaller ones. All the Tehans around stopped and stared at the being with what seemed like recognition. In unison, they stopped what they were doing and calmly sent rays of light into the monsters. The purple light stopped. The goop things made a war cry and surged for the nearest townsfolk.
    Without thinking, AxNoodle used the orb. He had no idea how he was using it, but it still surged tendrils forward, into the beasts' hearts. They stopped midair, shook, turned purple, and exploded. What must have been their necromantic essence shot into the sky, creating constellations depicting the beings. How he knew all this, or even did it, AxNoodle was still unsure. Then, he turned to all the gawping townsfolk, looked at his hand where the orb was, and fainted yet again.
  • @HeroKP I don't believe if I will host a part 2. At least not soon after this one has been finished probably.
  • Could the winner host it then? :)
  • edited September 2018
    @TheEnderDragon

“Thedure, wake up,” Demetrius said as he stirred his ally from slumber. “I’m off to search for the nearest town. I should be back soon. Stay put.”
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Thedure stirred. He got up and looked at Demetrius.

"Yes I'll stay here."
  • edited September 2018
    Thedure was busy inventing all night,but eventually fell into a deep sleep. He had only gotten in a few hours until Demetrius woke him up.

Thedure was able to conjure up metal from anywhere and apparently this was also a cross planar thing. Thedure was extremely fascinated with this plane, nature was everywhere, untouched by Aether, at least not like Kaladesh.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Volunteering until three and a half hours from now so I won't be able to respond.
  • edited September 2018
    OK! Because I can use artifacts, here are my solutions.

imageimage

Story Blurb Time!

Aggrol awoke from a strange dream. It was like the one he had before, but it had a voiceover. It had confirmed his suspicions that he had to get to the tower to leave. But he had not suspected a competition. There were 21 people other than him that were also trapped, and only one would get to go home.

When Aggrol looked up, he saw that the moon was still in the sky, meaning he had been woke up in the middle of the night. "Now why is that?" he muttered to himself. Soon, he found the answer. A rotted hand popped up from the ground, and soon a body followed, along with many many more. It was a zombie horde! The zombies rushed towards him, but no matter how many times his hydra, who was awake at this point, chomped them, or how many times Aggrol punched one, they always just got back up! I need a more permanent solution, Aggrol thought to himself. So he tried something he had not done since he got here. He elementalized them. The first zombie turned to stone almost immediately, and many others soon followed. But elementalizing something took concentration, and the second he had to spend on each one was too long. The zombies got too close, and one ripped open his bag. This sent a shower of light on the zombies, who shrank away almost as quickly as they had charged him. Aggrol pulled out the amulet, and the zombies all backed away almost immediately. "Oh yeah. This is definitely going to work." Aggrol said. The light awoke Sam, who was sleeping very heavily, who looked up and saw all the zombies, and the amulet that Aggrol was using to hold them off. "How much cool stuff have you done?" Sam asked. "That is a Life's Glow Amulet! Only about a thousand were made total! Where did you get it?" "I got it in the ruins of a tower." Aggrol responded. "Well, smash it on the ground!" Sam yelled. "Why?" Aggrol said. "JUST DO IT!" Sam shouted. "OK, jeez. I'll do it." Aggrol threw the amulet on the ground, where the ruby in the center smashed into a million pieces. There was a supernova of light, and when the light faded, all the zombies were gone. "And that is why it's good you have me for advice." Sam said.

OK! That's another challenge done. Here's the map of Aggrol's adventures that I said that I'd make but never actually posted!

Sorry for the low resolution. Hope that you can still see stuff clearly enough.
  • edited September 2018
    @TheEnderDragon, I can't focus on writing a story. Here's the village Demetrius found.

• edited September 2018
    Thedure Looked around. Demetrius hadn't returned yet.

Thedure, in his absence, had been theorizing about the planeswalker spark, the thing that brought him here. Tezzeret was not from Kaladesh and planeswalkers were known to exist. Thedure's planeswalker spark must have ignited on Kaladesh, but why had it brought him here. There was a theory others had imposed that the planeswalker spark was related to Aether. Because of this Thedure, using the Aether he had collected, he had at least ten bottles full, devised a way of detecting Aether and even the essence of a planeswalker spark therefore, other planeswalkers. Aether seemed to be attracted to other Aether the larger quantity would release energy to a smaller amount. So, if he acquired enough, he could, possibly, find other sources of Aether. There was just one problem. The Aether had to be released, at least, Thedure thought it had to be.
  • edited September 2018
    A card using this principle called the Natural Ethereal Dispersion Theory by Thedure

Aether is attracted to other Aether and the larger quantity will release Aehter to the smaller amount.

image Lore Card Alert
  • edited September 2018
    Deleted
  • edited September 2018
    Aldor awoke. He had seen his share of visions on Galascia, but this was different. This was no message from Udivad, it was something more powerful, more primordial. And the mysterious origins aside, the message itself was interesting.

The cat had been right. There were others, but they were all contenders. There was only one key.

The clouds rested heavily upon the sky as Aldor arose. He needed to reach the tower before any of the others. Squinting, he could barely make out the city in the distance. He knew that there, he could learn something.

Even though it was night, Aldor couldn't sleep after such a vision. He began walking toward the city in the darkness. Something grabbed his shoulder. Aldor pushed the hand away with his staff and spun around to see what had grabbed him.

"Who are you?" Aldor asked, backing away. He then felt another body behind him. This one he violently knocked down. It provided little resistance. Aldor charged at the remaining one and threw it to the ground as well. He stood still, panting, until he felt yet another creature behind him. He ran.

He could hear the creatures rushing after him. They were extremely quiet, even when making chase. Aldor called out, and his brethren rushed to his aid, lunging and striking at the creatures. Despite this, there was always an overwhelming amount.

There was a rush of air, and then the sound of beating wings. The heavy clouds parted, revealing a full moon above a giant owl, staring down at the creatures. The creatures themselves were humanoid, but ragged and decaying, like the dead.

The owl screeched, and the monsters froze. They stared upwards at the sight. In its own tongue, the owl spoke to the creatures, and then, without looking away, spoke to Aldor.

"They will stay here until the moon sets and the sun wears them away," the owl explained. "Go. Towards the city."

• edited September 2018
  • @Bobman11, it should be "discard any number of cards. Exile a card from target players graveyard for each card you discarded."
  • edited September 2018
    After Alex stepped out of the wall he looked to his left, seeing noting but a long alleyway ending in a brick wall, and to his right seeing a light and people walking past. As he started walking a small girl approached him,

"Hello mister, you look lost?" She said in a small voice. Alex turned to her and just stared. She started shuddering and began to turn away. Alex then grabbed her arm and wouldn't let go. She opened her mouth to scream but Alex's hand went down and covered her mouth, the other hand the went and covered her eyes. Alex's face then began to glow an eerie blue and the eyes of the girl began to roll back into her head. The blue then vanished and the girl fell to the ground. Alex proceeded to pull out his hook and put it through the girls chest, mimicking a sword wound. He then stood up and began walking out towards the light when he heard a loud scream. He turned to see a woman standing over the girl in horror, she looked up and her face filled with rage.

"You @#!$%#& Brotherhood slime, I'll kill you!" She then began to run at him, sharp pointed kitchen knife in hand. Alex stood there and watched, craned his head and, faster than the blink of an eye, his hook left his hand and embedded itself into the woman's chest, her face in a look of shock as blood began to run down he dirtied smock. Her eyes rolled back and she fell to the ground. Alex pulled his hook back by the chain and placed back in it's sheathe. He then continued walking out into the street. When he left he turned to his left and saw a long street bustling with people.

To be Cont.
  • edited September 2018
    bumP
  • I'm gonna write more story soon, I'm in school right now so maybe later.
  • Same so eventually I will write it is also why entries are delayed
  • edited September 2018
    Really? Already going "bump" after only two days? Check out Tournament of Champions 2 where our host @TenebrisNemo hasn't finished a match for 96 days and the thread is dead silent aside from @Jonteman93's periodic story segments. The thread began on April 16 and is 39 pages long lol.
  • @ShaperKyon - It's not a type of contest that requires "bumping."
  • @TenebrisNemo Referring to Tournament of Champions 2 or Planeswalker's Journey?
    Either way, a "bump" is just a way to acknowledge that nobody is posting. It would be hard to say that anything truly requires "bumping."
  • @ShaperKyon - Personally I think contests that are open for participants make the best use of "bumping", because then other users who have not seen it before would see them on top of the discussions. The tournament has already selected which participants are in it and no longer accepts new players.

Bumping it to notify me that no one is posting is like a geologist telling me during an earthquake that "There's an earthquake!"
  • I would say that the importance of bumping is directly in relation to the size of the target group and the opposite size of the active time. In this case is the target group 21 people and the active time 7 days out of which 2 days is somewhat significant.
  • I agree with @TenebrisNemo. I think it would be better to send a private message to selected participants in that case.
  • Oh well in that case I apologize for making a bad bumping. I just thought 21 people were a little much to look through as the challenges are optional.
  • edited September 2018
    After taking his first step out into the open street Alex was immediately thrust into a inky black darkness. Around him was nothing but a man wearing long flowing purple robes.

"Who are you, stranger." He said in a deep booming voice.

"No one of your concern." Said a low husky voice in the man's head. He reeled back as though he had been struck.

"A Shadowspeaker," Said the man in confusion. "I thought you had all perished."

"Ah, so you can hear me," Said the voice. "Excellent." Alex began moving towards the man his eyes beginning to glow a turquoise blue.

"Let's get some things straight, first of all where am I ?"

"I do not know, I am not of this plane. I am a void dweller." Said the man as he began shifting slowly backward.

"Ugh, fine. Then you will figure this out and report back to me when you know more."

"Very well."

"Now return me," Said Alex, the man nodded and began sending him back. "And one more thing, you will address me as my lord." And as Alex vanished from the Void the man swore he could see the faintest semblance of a smile.

As Alex began to reform he looked around and noticed that he was no longer alone. As a matter of fact he was completely surrounded by guards.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to return to the scene of the crime. You know the rules. You're coming with us." Said the guard closest to him. Alex attempted to escape but before he could escape, one of the guards hit him in the back of the head with a sword hilt.

To be Cont...
This discussion has been closed.