(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• @Ranshi922 So I guess the dragon falling out of the sky is a result of its wings being blasted off?...

>:)
  • Something like that.
  • I actually didn’t mean for those to coincide like that. It just happened. :)
  • Hark! Today is the last day of the current deadline! Enter now, because things are going to get a lot more... chaotic... from here.
  • @Tommia, pray tell. (please give me a hint via a pm!)
  • I plan on making encounters and events more common, increasing the word and card limits, and implementing more game changing items... there will also be encounters and events based on cards, so this should get a lot more interesting!
  • Looking forward to it. I like a consistent change in words.
  • @Tommia, when are you judging the thing?
  • edited October 2018
    I will be judging the contest on the 12th. The sixth category (and a winner in that category, if they want) is picked by @DragonFaceEater, which is judged separately. Speaking of categories...

Prize Categories this round:

Most Favored: Most Favorites
    Best Unglued Card
    My Favorite
    Best Card/Art Flavor Combo: How well the flavor of the card (both its flavor text and name and actual effects) pairs up with the flavor of the art.
    Most Flavorful Monocolored Card
  • It’s Oct 12th where I’m at. 2:54 AM. I’m going to sleep, and the deadline will come when I awake. If you have an idea, use it now!
  • edited October 2018
    Deleted.
  • O cool. Same timezone, that comment was marked as 2 minutes after that.
  • @Tommia, not to be rude, but I don't think that you just got up...
  • edited October 2018
    *falls out of bed*

Boom! It’s deadline time, and that means prizes and a new card list. Don’t wanna leave anyone in suspense, so I’ll do prizes first. Sorry for the delay, but I had a lot of cards to look at this time!

Most Favored: @Ranshi922’s John, Hirsute Hemomancer sure knows how to drum up attention. 8 favorite’s worth... by creating an army of cats! Having such overwhelming power in your hands takes a lot of responsibility, so make sure to use this carefully...

Time Capsule: Use this to use any word that has ever been in the contest. You may resubmit any card you’ve submitted to this contest before this way.

Best Unglued Card: Do I have to choose just one? No. @Aggroman15‘s Happy Potato, @01101’s FUBAR and @Ranshi922’s Going Kaput all know what it means to be an uncard... since this is a three way tie, you guys need something you can split...

Color Pie CHALLENGE: Each of you may choose a color. If you do, your next entry must be that color, but if it is, you’ll get a color-themed prize. If you do not choose a color, your next card will get a guaranteed favorite instead.

My Favorite AND Best Card/Art Flavor Combo: Well well well. I never thought this would happen with the number of cards submitted, but here it is...

...@Ranshi922’s Suspicious Serendipity hits two aces with one of the most uniquely attractive cards I’ve seen. It’s balanced, simple, and effective, with all the feelings of cheating Black and Blue come with. Speaking of twos...

Dual Wield Machine Guns: Use these to either deal two damage to two entries (creature or planeswalker) or four damage to one. (Dealing enough damage to an entry to destroy it will remove it from the contest.)
    Modifier - Jam: The machine guns will also deal two damage to every entry you enter or have entered into the deadline you use them on.

Most Flavorful Monocolored Card: This one was tough, but after careful evaluation, @sorinjace’s Monk’s Familiar is at peace with a very simple, peaceful flavor about it. Thankfully, you can be at peace with this in your hand...

Aegis: Use this to nullify the effects of any one prize that would affect you.
  • Wow! (I don’t quite understand jam though.)
  • @Tommia, do you have a new set of words, or should I get to it?
  • edited October 2018
    Feel free to use the current set of words until I make the new list. Today is a busy day for me.

Also, about the jam part. If you use the machine guns, every creature and planeswalker you’ve entered for the deadline you use it on, as well as every creature or planeswalker you enter before the end of that deadline, will be dealt two damage. If a card is dealt enough damage to destroy it this way, it’s removed from the contest.
  • Here’s a recap of the rest of the prizes in play.

@DragonFaceEater
    Chicken Dinner (Must be used by Oct 18th): You can choose a prize category and winner in that category for the last deadline. (You can’t choose yourself and the category cannot be too specific [ex: Best Black Card would work, but Black and White card wouldn’t])
    Prize Modifier
    GREED (You don’t have to choose a winner for the category you choose. If you don’t, you can win in that category.)

@Ranshi922
    Thief’s Cunning: During this deadline, you will be able to claim any card as your own.
    Prize Modifier
    FAIRNESS (That card’s owner may choose to do the same.)
  • I call Green!
  • I will wait for the list... I kinda got tired of the old one. ;)
  • That seems not great... 2 entries eliminated at best for what could be several on myself...
  • Oof, I need to make some cards for this!
  • Hey everyone! I got the new words list and I was just about to- OOF!

*LOUD THUD*

Ah... well... I’m alright, I guess. But when I fell I dropped some of the tiles I used to make the word list with!

Event - Broken Words

Instead of using a word on the list, entrants are allowed to use tiles from the tile pile to make a word of their choice! The word must be somewhat interesting and contain three or more letters, though five or more is recommended.

Tiles
    Six A’s, Nine E’s, Five I’s, Six O’s, Four U’s, Four Y’s, Five Vowel Tiles (Used when a vowel that’s not available is claimed), Twenty Consonant Tiles, Twenty Five Blank Tiles (used when there is no tile for a letter being claimed).

Now, for the rest of the words
    • Viva Voce (adj): By word of mouth
    • Shindig (noun): A large, lively party, normally in celebration
    • Skulduggery (noun): Underhanded behavior or tricks
    • Bombastic (adj): High-sounding, but with little meaning; exaggerated
    • Vinificate (verb): To turn (juice or plant extract) into wine
    • Yawning (adj): Wide open
    • Aegis (noun): Protection or support (of a person or thing)
    • Precocious (adj): (Of a child) having obtained certain skills earlier than usual (or expected)
    • Panoply (noun): A (full) suit of armor; a protective cover
    • Fubar (adj, added using the Grimmoire): Out of working order/Seriously or irreparably damaged/F***** Up Beyond All Recognition. Available until the end of the current deadline.
    • Klut(z) (noun): A very clumsy person.
    • Enervate(d) (verb): To drain of energy
    • Noisome (adj): Having an offensive smell
    • Poltergeist (noun): A supernatural being responsible for causing physical disturbances.
    • Quay (noun): A waterside platform for loading and offloading ships.
    • Muster (verb): Collect (a number or amount of)/Gather troops, especially for inspection or preparation for battle.
    • Fire Away (verb phrase): To fire (a weapon) at something, normally with little regard.
  • Black
    I call poltergeist!
  • I call Noisome :)
  • That smile makes me think you will do something about a Toledoan...
  • The smile added a sense of impishness...
  • edited October 2018
    This guy kinda stunk.
This discussion has been closed.