New Idea for a Contest - Dungeon Crawl!

Comments

• Untap in lets you emulate die rolls
  • I am right now juggling a few personal projects. Rest assured I will make some things tomorrow
  • Is it okay if I join?
  • @Bowler218 this isn’t a contest yet, so no. However, feel free to leave your ideas here!
  • Can I design some stuff? I want to be a game designer, so it might be fun! I also played DnD for a little bit.
  • i would like to join too
  • Hey all. I decided to make an idea for a treasure only a certain boss would drop once defeated. What do you think?

• It's very good!
  • Since i might not be able to play at first, can i design the bosses and playstyles?
  • can you pm me any specific things you want?
  • Just make the boss cards and give them powerful treasures unique to them.
  • I apologize. Things have been much more hectic than anticipated. Rest assured. Things will be made soon. Possibly.
  • Before I start, what is the theme of the first dungeon/area? If it's the forest surrounding the "Dungeon" then I would need to make a forest guardian or something. So pretty much, area details.
  • I’ll make a map soonish. The dungeon is likely set under a mountain
  • okay, I'll pm you the first boss soon.
  • edited March 2019
    Here's the other treasure I came up with for Micah:

• Add a higher mana cost, like, 4 mana to total 6
  • edited November 2018
    "Finished" the deck list for Micah:

Boss: Micah, Malagentia's Finest

Treasures: Firemaw, Malagentia's Forge
    Keen-Blade Sovnya

Custom: Inka, Soulblade Maiden by @TenebrisNemo
    Sacred Rearmament by @TenebrisNemo

Official: Lightning Greaves
    Hanweir Garrison
    Swiftfoot Boots
    Taj-Nar Swordsmith
    Haunted Cloak
    Loxodon Warhammer

Lands: 5 Plains, 3 Mountains

Please note that this is a deck for an early boss, which is why it has so few cards.

Any suggestions?
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Ah, I see our friend @TenebrisNemo is helping out a little. Great work as always. My criticism though: Why does so much stuff cost 2 mana? Or is this deck meant to peak out at 4 cmc? (I'm assuming this deck is going to be played and Micah starts in the command zone.) If so, Taj-Nar is out of place and you probably won't be able to use him properly. Also I don't see the need for both Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots.
  • edited November 2018
    @ShaperKyon I agree. I've decided to remove Taj-Nar swordsmith and Lightning Greaves with Hero's Blade and Hero of Bladehold.

@all I've begun work on the dungeon, however I do not know how to show my progress here. The site I am using is DungeonFog
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Hero's Blade? You don't have any one-mana spells, so maybe Avacyn's Collar or Trusty Machete or Sai of the Shinobi? Is Micah like your commander and start in the command zone?
  • edited November 2018
    @ShaperKyon replaced Hero's Blade with Bonesplitter. And yes, he is the commander.
  • "BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW LORD."

In all seriousness though, I have begun making a new boss. She is Mara, Kiren Mindbreaker! (Kudos to Iron Crusher).

Mara is the leader of a cult that resides within the mountains. She is also the cult's goddess. She has two cohorts, one of them Red/Black, the other Blue/White:

• I'll find a map for the dungeon
  • Hey everyone.

I've decided to allow players to add a limited amount of official cards (maybe even custom cards made by other people, but those require my permission before they are put into use) over the course of the adventure. They won't be counted in your party's score, so don't think you can rely on them to get to the bosses first. The amount of official card slots given will be TBD. Please make sure to name the authors of any custom cards you decide to add in your deck that aren't yours. Old cards that were made by you can be used and are treated like new cards made by you.

Also, I have come to the realization that a team might have one person create horrifically overpowered cards and have the rest make cards that fit my criteria perfectly in order to reach the bosses and beat them easily to acquire their treasure. In order to deal with this, I am going to place a minimum number of points a card must achieve or risk the potential of being counted as null. Null cards are not allowed to be placed in your decks. If they are played, I will ignore them in the fight. If you proceed to haggle me during the battle about this (which I know most of you guys wouldn't do), I will end the battle declaring your party as the losers and disqualifying you from the contest. Any points you earned for your party will be erased, lowering your party's total score as a consequence.
  • Anyone wanna try and make an adventurer deck? All I ask of you is to make a commander and add a few cards (however many you want) that are mostly commons and uncommons. Don't worry about the land base. I have three rules. The first is NO EMINENCE ALLOWED. Too often people underestimate the power an ability has if given eminence. In this challenge only bosses are allowed the privilege of eminence (they're bosses, after all). The other is that the commander should have a converted mana cost of 4 or less and only one or two colors (commander identity). The other cards should cost 4 or less too. Go on, experiment, and have fun! Maybe even work with other smithers to make adventurers that complement each other! Onward, fellow smithers, to adventure!
  • Are we allowed creatures with partner, or the variant partner with?
This discussion has been closed.