The Arcane Tour - Underway!

Comments

• Yeah, uh, are bowling balls safe from the blind eternities?
  • Everyone is safe. These Paul Portals are 100% protected from the Blind Eternities. I’ve done it hundreds of times!
  • Okay, but if anything happens...
    I know a lawyer near here.
  • Near where? Dominaria? This thread?
  • Where are we going in Dominaria? Will we have time over the week to go to different places?
  • Present, I brought extra Ixalan Tacos!
  • edited November 2018
    do not revive that dead meme!
  • Is Amonkhet destroyed, or are we somehow going back in time to when Amonkhet was nice?
  • Yeah, how does this work?
  • Amonkhet wasn’t destroyed, just mildly messed up!

• @Aggroman15 Didn't Nicol Bolas rebuild it?

Case in point:
  • edited November 2018
    @Hergusbergus that's when Bolas rebuilt it in his likeness after destroying it; not the second time that it was "destroyed."
  • edited November 2018
  • All right! Here goes!
    Week 1 of the Arcane Tour: Dominaria
    Dominaria. One of the fabled planes of Magic lore. Arguably the most famous plane in the multiverse. So naturally we're going there first!
    The Challenge
    Recently, we returned to the plane of Dominaria in the (aptly named) set Dominaria. Known as one of the greatest recent sets of all time, this set revisited five regions of the plane: Benalia, Tolaria, Urborg, Shiv, and Yamimaya. Each of these regions has its own color of mana, and each is populated by different races of people.
    So, while we're here, I want all of you to choose one of these regions. Take in the sights. Enjoy the sensations. And make some cards!
    Guidelines
    Here's what I want to see for this challenge.
    1. Select one of the five regions: Benalia, Tolaria, Urborg, Shiv, or Yavimaya.
    2. Submit two creature cards based around your chosen region on or before Friday, November 30th. They should all be monocolored.
    3. Each region has its own guidelines.
    Benalia: Must be white. Should be an Aven, Angel, Soldier, or Knight, or themed after New Benalia. (Serra Angel, Gallant Cavalry)
    Tolaria: Must be blue. Should be a Wizard or have something to do with artifacts, or themed after the Tolarian Academy. (Academy Journeymage, Sage of Lat-Nam)
    Urborg: Must be black. Can be a Demon, Minion, Horror, or themed after the Cabal. (Demonlord Belzenlok, Stronghold Confessor)
    Shiv: Must be red. Can be a Wizard, Viashino, or Dragon, or themed after the Ghitu race. (Shivan Dragon, Ghitu Lavarunner)
    Yavimaya: Must be green. Can be a Wurm, Elf, or Druid, or themed after the Llanowar elves. (Yavimaya Elder, Yavimaya Wurm, Llanowar Elves)
    Other than the "monocolor" guideline, as long as the card uses proper MTG wording, pretty much anything that looks Dominarian will fly with me. But if you want your card to win, make it spectacular!
    How to win
    I will be selecting five tourists' cards. Each winning tourist will receive one point.
    Good luck, and happy smithing!
  • edited November 2018
    Hm. May Yavimaya cards be elementals? I'm unsure if those are restrictions for the type, or simply saying 'This is the kind of thing you may find in this region.' After all, they do exist in le forest there. Heck, one of the legendaries, a mythic rare one, is elemental himself.
  • @Shadow29870 Elementals are okay. The types are just suggestions, nothing more.
  • Heh, get it got it good. Ill submit later when ive got more time. : P
  • edited November 2018
    Region: Benalia
    Flavor Text: There will always be Benalish knights following his lead from below.

• edited November 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21, do our characters matter at all in this challenge?
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21

Can we submit old cards?
  • @Ranshi922 It’s up to you - you can be super in-character if you want, or you can just do what you want.
    @bnew07 New cards only, for all of these challenges. Sorry.
  • Well I think I will RP this, do my best to link everything back to Ms. Scintilla over here!
  • The shadowy, raven like apparition gestures behind his shoulder, towards the gowned elemental woman. He disappears into smoke and shadow, which disperses towards Ranshi.

She shivers, as though a chill had just run down her brimstone spine. I twinkle sparkles in her amber eyes, suggesting either excitement or malicious intent.

"I think I will visit Shiv first; rally some allies before venturing to potentially hostile territory."
  • edited November 2018
    I'm a big player of both Destiny's so when i saw cabal i immediately thought about Destiny
    Well, against my own rules, i pick shiv.
  • edited November 2018
    "Am I late? Please say I'm not late... Bah! Why does this always happen to me?!"

Name: Memoryhead
    Species: Homunculus
    Home Plane: Innistrad
    Biography: Very confused and still not totally sure how (or when) I got here, but happy that the buses seem consistent.

Hoping I can still join...
  • can i join still?
  • if i can, here is my entry:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rocket-first-to-soar?list=set&set=35699

Name: Rocket
    Species: robot horse
    Home plane: Esotera, one of y custom planes
    Biography: I was built to explore beyond the atmosphere. I know nothing other than the Aquillect (a red-blue faction of astronauts on Esotera), but I have been sent to gather information on other planes.
This discussion has been closed.