Planar Wardens

Comments

• edited November 2018
    @Kandra127

I like that! It's literally the aether cycle!
  • @Aggroman15 @Arceus8523 @Lujikul @Mantis17 @spookoops @Lastjustice, @BorosPaladin @Hergusbergus @kandra127

If you want to you can try and impress me (Yes a challenge before it starts!) you can make a card that goes with lore or just with your Warden. (This might count for a point if I see one I really like.)
  • edited November 2018
    @pjbear2005 if nobody jumps in for the Ixalan plane here soon, how long is the wait, and can I claim it as second warden?..Nevermind, I just saw bowler218 grabbed it.
  • edited November 2018
    I see nobody officaly claimed Ixalan, so i take it if @spookoops doesn't want it
  • @spookoops

Bowler just claimed it but starting next season of this if all planes have been claimed but one after a certain amount of time I will let people make a second warden.
  • I will post tomorrow
  • i will post more lore!
  • @pjbear2005, challenge accepted, added a lore card to my original post.
  • edited November 2018
  • @Aggroman15 @Arceus8523 @Lujikul @Mantis17 @spookoops @Lastjustice, @BorosPaladin @Hergusbergus @kandra127 and @Bowler218

Your time as Wardens starts now!

Your optional challenge is to make a signature card. You must do this by November 30 and any I think are overly amazing will gain a Reputation Point.

Reputation Points: These are the points that you gain from challenges, they are based on the idea that the better of a warden you are the more popular you are to the plane's inhabitants. At the end of elimination challenges up to two people will be eliminated based on the number of Reputation points, the one with the highest will also sometimes get a bonus.

Challenges: Challenges will be given between an hour to a day after the previous challenges have been judged. Challenge cycles last from 5 days to 7 days but if everyone has completed their challenge before the end of the week judging will start early.

While the challenges are going on, story posts for each will be posted.

With that all said lets hand out the first cycle of challenges.

Cyucrales-Theros: The challenge for you is to make a permanent that either counters a spell or keeps things from leaving the graveyard.

Thalia-Innistrad: Your challenge is to create a legendary instant, sorcery or enchantment that represents angels working with the inhabitants of the plane to get rid of all the Eldrazi.

Alinseri-Lorwyn: Your challenge is to create a creature, the creature has to be artificial but has to use colored mana. This creature has to be capable of tapping opponent creatures.

Jezekei-Zendikar: Your challenge is to create a land boardwipe. The boardwipe must have a negative effect and whoever casts it too.

Akila-Fiora: You must make a card that causes you to look at cards in opponents libraries or hands. Make it based on some kind of surveillance system.

Alissa-Mirrodin: Make an equipment that destroys artifact creatures. It has to also cause someone to discard a card.

Dangis-Tarkir: Create a instant or sorcery that flips into a Legendary Creature.

Khenset-Amonkhet: Create a desert card that can be returned from the graveyard by one of it's abilitites

Okar-Kaladesh: Make a card that has both Fabricate and Populate. (I like this because it can show Kaladesh's theme of both artificial life and real living things.)

Thelia-Ixalan: Create an enchantment or artifact that makes players not want to attack other people, give it a huge negative effect for those who do. Make it work like a peace treaty.

The top 5 cards will be awarded with a Reputation point. This isn't an elimination challenge. Cards are due by December 4th.

(Depending on how the whole story for each plane pans out the next season of this will be called either Planar Chaos or Return of the Wardens. Just keep that in mind if you want any impact on whether the story ends good or bad.)
  • edited November 2018
    For my official challenge, I present this:

Secondly, @pjbear2005, for the optional challenge, how does the signature differ from the lore challenge presented earlier?
  • @spookoops

Nope they are one in the same, it's just a choice whether your signature pertains to lore or just your character.
  • @pjbear2005

Does a "land boardwipe" destroy all lands or is it just a land that can boardwipe?
  • edited November 2018
    Lore:

(I will be happy to explain to anyone who doesn't get the Theros/Greek mythology reference what the reference is.)

Challenge: Either? How about both?

• I will come up with things for this soon enough.
  • Optional challenge entry:

• edited November 2018
    image<=Turns into=>image
    For the challenge of course, next time I will try to avoid going WUBRG.
  • @Mantis17

Anything that includes both A boardwipe and some way to incorporate lands works.
  • edited November 2018
    Thelia is powerful enough to put up a shield, but it is not very stable:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/thelias-shield-1
  • An artificial creature that uses colored mana on Lorwyn? Now that sounds familiar.

• Theros Story - Uprising of Nyx - Part 1 - Shine No More

Many Setessans have followed one of their civilians after she had a vision. This vision caused a great uproar that brought them to a worshipper of Erebos. The cleric, draining and corrupting the Setessans for power opened a gateway to the underworld which brought forth undead soldiers, gave him control over the Setessans and brought an evil Elspeth back.

Cyucrales had to find a way to stop the undead before they got too strong.

Using his monstrous for he was able to gain the trust of a legendary type of snake known as a Guardian of the Fallen. After gaining it's trust he was able to get it to curl
    around the breach and stop the surge of undead.

Now it was time to plan a counterattack against them.
  • i will make mine in a moment
  • I have a Cowl idea
  • edited November 2018
  • Will the rest of us get the story treatment?
This discussion has been closed.