Who is interested in the following? (Please comment!)

edited December 2018 in Off-topic Chat
Hello fellow cardsmiths,

I'm posting this thread to ask who is interested in a Witcher series themed contest. So without further ado, I'll go over the details of the contest without unveiling the prizes until I get feedback from your friendly neighbor Corwinnn.

Guidelines: (The Witcher series contains all books and games, such as Witcher 3 and Gwent.)
1) You must mention your chosen character(s) and/or thing from the Witcher series.
2) The card must be themed around your chosen character(s) and/or thing from the Witcher series.
3) You may enter up to five cards.
4) No old cards.
5) Make sure to credit the creator of the artwork on your cards.

I will post resources on how to find various characters and aspects from the series, for those less aware of it.

Hopefully this crossover interests you! ;)

Comments

• Why not let us do any ole' fantasy rpg?
  • @Bowler218
    I'm contemplating that. But I wasn't sure at the time. I'll contemplate on it before I decide to post the contest.
  • Yeah, i was thinking of crossovers (Wynncraft meets dragon age inquisition or something like that)
  • Yeah, I was originally going to theme it off the Gwent arena mode. But I can change that so that any rpg would count.

• edited December 2018
    @sorinjace @Faiths_Guide @Ranshi922
    What are your opinions on having this planned contest feature any rpg setting, rather than just the Witcher series?

Originally I was going to theme it off the Gwent arena mode, but I'll either host a separate contest for it or change the premise.

I'm wanting to host two separate contests one after the other. So that I can still do the contest in it's original form. But I understand if that is a bad idea.
  • edited December 2018
    @Bowler218
    I've decided that given its likely someone is co-hosting the contest with myself, I will be sticking to the Witcher/Gwent theme for this one. I apologize for my uncertainty, but I will continue to host contests/challenge after this one. So I'll contemplate your idea in a extended form.
  • I confess my sin: I have no idea what either of those two things are.
    What is Witcher 3?
    What is Gwent?
  • @Ranshi922
    I'll explain for you in a bit. I just have to do some things first.
  • edited December 2018
    @Ranshi922
    Witcher 3 introduction, without spoilers...
    The Witcher Universe EXPLAINED [10 mins] (Or short summary)

Gwent introduction, without spoilers...
    GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME | ARENA TRAILER

The witcher series is a set of books, games, and Gwent the online card game which features aspects/lore of them all. Witcher 3 is a story about Geralt (The Witcher) searching for his loved ones after reclaiming his memories. On this journey, he can follow many paths that affect others and society.

Whereas Gwent is card game themed after a arena like battle between participants with a shady host. I won't go into further details as it would be major spoilers, unless you want myself to PM you more details.
  • @Ranshi922
    Did I badly explain the lore, as I relied on the video to give extended details?

Sorry for the delayed response, I went offline for a while and was just checking in. If you only looked at the short summary it would be confusing as not much can be said in such a short time frame. I just thought I'd link it in case you weren't interested in watching a mid length video.
  • I can watch a little bit, the few seconds I've seen are very similar combat to shadow of mordor.
  • @Ranshi922 @Bowler218
    You can also feature a race or thing from the series if you aren't as well versed with the specific characters. I haven't gotten the chance to play the game, so I only know of the lore videos and stuff like endings to stories. I just felt inspired by the lore aspect through Youtube.

Plus, I heavily relate to some of the female characters in the game. While being amused by the shady host of Gwent in some aspects, who is featured in Witcher 3 as well. There are lots of lore videos on that host, if you don't mind spoilers to part of Witcher 3.

Keep in mind I avoided spoilers for Witcher 3, so you'll have to do some looking into the story if you want to sate your curiosities. I didn't do this for the older games/books though since that's too hard when I need to provide information on the story.
  • So remind me: what were you asking?
  • edited December 2018
    @Ranshi922
    Did I badly explain the lore? Since I've only looked at lore blurbs rather than playing the game. I was wondering why you were so puzzled.

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been looking into more lore of the game.
  • So is this a witcher discussion or? I am just confused.
  • @Ranshi922
    For now it seems to be a Witcher discussion. This is due to the planned contest being set on that series.

But it was initially intended to get more opinions on the contest.
This discussion has been closed.