The Most Necessary and Important Thing You Will Ever Read

It is with great pain that I inform you that the community of Magic the Gathering is on the brink of the most horrible and bloody civil war our fan base has ever seen. Din of the Fireherd is on the brink of losing its fifth attempt at winning the election of Against the Odds on Mtggoldfish.com to a young and puny upstart name Mishra's Self Replicator who has been gaining support of the Phyrexian Party; the party that supported his ancient ancestor and creator, Mishra, in the very early days of Gatherite civilization.
Now, you probably are laughing at this urgent plea, for how could a small dispute in political beliefs cause a civil war the like the world has never yet seen? Well, many spokespeople of the Fireherd Party have blamed the loss of their savior, Din of the Fireherd, to Hearthstonian meddling in elections, with is causing Replicator's slim lead in the polls. Do not just take this from me, Chartreux, leader of the Fireherd Party has gone of the record commenting that "recent Against the Odds Polls being rigged."
Alas, another game meddling in our nation's democratic system is the least of our worries. Certain extremists in the Fireherd Party have already begun inciting violence while rage commenting of Mtggoldfish.com. One of such, John Roberts, commented this message; "DIN OF THE FIREHERD OR RIOT."
These are certainly dark times, and that is why I, Tigersol, king and ruler of absolutely nothing, call upon you to serve our fine nation and the liberty it stands for and VOTE TODAY for Din of the Fireherd, for the good of us all.

Comments

• What the heck are you talking about, it's just a game and some stupid poll. Heck, i could claim to be hearthstonian and you could rage on me, but since this is just a stupid popularity contest, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!
  • I’ve been backing Din of the Fireherd since it hit the poll.
  • *rolls eyes* whatever.
  • edited December 2018
    @Bowler218
    Woah there, it’s a joke, man. Calm down a little.

@Lujikul
    Bless you with the holy radiance of the Fireherd.
  • I saw we spawn our own parade of meddlesome meddlers to cause widespread Bamboozlement and TERROR!!!!
  • I don't know what any of that was...

Who is Din of the Fireherd?
  • It's a card.
  • @Tigersol... maybe give them a link!
  • @Tigersol, remind me:
    Why are we voting for some random card? and what are we voting it to be? and why should I even give a damn?
  • Honestly, I just reread what you wrote, and this all had better be facetious. I knew that when I first clicked the link, I would find whatever I found would be considered unimportant to me, but for reasons I can't explain, I am outraged by all of this. The fact that you seem to be taking this so seriously. Just play the game and make cards, we aren't a nation, we are fans of a game who contribute. I play Hearthstone and MTG because I like strategy card games. The fact that you're talking the same way crack-pot political conspirators do, is laughable. There is no reason I should care about a card I had never heard of, there is no reason why there would be a "civil war" over it, and there is certainly no reason for riots! This all brings me back to my question: Why should I care?
  • That is what i was saying! This whole thing isn't like the hillary clinton situation, it is a stupid POPULARITY CONTEST!
  • Exactly! That's why if @Tigersol, you weren't being ironic, facetious, or humorous, you might have gone of the deep end.
  • The only civil war I've seen in our fandom is me (anti kaladesh) vs the pro tour (kaladesh based decks) and even that was for like, idk, an hour or so
  • I think - and hope - that this post was a joke.
  • @Ranshi922 @KJMartin
    If you look towards the top of the comments in this thread, @Tigersol has responded to one of @Bowler218 's statements, literally saying "It's a joke".
  • Yea, i thought so. @lujikul
  • Ok. Good.
  • For goodness sake, people! I'm joking. NOBODY would take this seriously.
  • I was using a form of Australian comedy known as deadpan sarcasm. I should have realized I was on a mostly America forum. I'm sorry.
  • Its ok, i took it way seriously, so it is also my fault
  • No worries.
  • I found it humorous to be honest. I like posts like these, they always bring cheer!
  • edited December 2018
    @murkletins
    Thank you! : )
This discussion has been closed.