COLONISERS: Season 2!!! (Colonisers of Edgerim)

Comments

• Are entries still being accepted?
  • @RogueCat @Bowler218

Actually, you control every card in you deck even if you haven't casted it yet so it still works. But I might be wrong.
  • @HeroKP
    It is sad for me to say this, but I must withdraw from the competition, I have midterms and I must turn my full attention to them, if I am able to find some time and change my mind I will go and submit but sadly for now it looks like I will be swamped in studying
  • Thank you @pjbear2005, I have a couple more questions. 1) Are there color limitations? Can they all be different colors/color combinations or do they need to be the same color/color combination? 2) Can the Macguffin be an artifact land? I'm not really planning on making one but I'm curious. 3) When is the deadline? I have classes and such I need to go to so I need a timeline of some sort to work with. 4) Do all parts of the submission need to be done and submitted at the same time or can I add them as I make them?
  • edited January 2019
    @Daedalus_The_All_Father

Okay, so I think I can answer those.

1) Only a maximum of 3 colors for the tribe.
    2) The Macguffin can be any artifact type.
    3) Deadline is January 14th.
    4) You just have to get all your parts in before the due date.

@HeroKP Correct me if any of those are wrong.
  • @pjbear2005

That is all correct
  • @EnvyReaper

You shall be missed
  • Okay, thank you @pjbear2005 and @HeroKP. I've already made the leader and I am currently working on the general.
  • Welp, time to ignite the fire once more.

While the Orzhov use a bureaucratic system of government, they believe that wealth is the single most important thing in life, leading to the guild having Capitalistic ideals. I think trying to put the Orzhov into only one of these categories causes a divide between people (like what's happening right now). So, what I'm trying to say is...

• @MonkeyPirate2002

Actually, no. Capitalists believe in being successful in the economy, so if a few people get a lot of money, it can't accord with capitalist ideas, cause then the very few wealthy will ruin each other in an endless rat race, and no true capitalist wants that.

But again, PLEASE, don't make this political.

If you are really desperate to continue this discussion, PM me
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 you do NOT want to be opening that can of worms buddy
  • edited January 2019
    I'll stop talking about this debate. If I sounded rude or aggressive, I'm sorry.
  • Also,

DEATH TO ALL CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Whoa, that hadn't occurred to me when I saw the cats for the first time but there's going to be some serious inter-species anger going on there.
  • edited January 2019
    We Scourge-dwellers believe in equality for all.

All being equally viable to be the food on our plates.

Hell, we'll eat our own kind if it means we survive.
  • The Diamond’s origins are completely unknown, except some believe there was a race of people before the golems that used it as an energy source. The golems are the last remnants of that society’s technology, brought to life by the energy of the Diamond. Lord Buttercup is a tyrannical dictator who maintains control over the other golems by keeping the diamond hidden away and threatening to revert all the others back to rubble, whereas he is actually the last servant of the last human to die in a war they waged that wiped them out; he was ordered to defend the Diamond and await his master’s return, but his master was killed and the magic within the Diamond perverted his mind and drove him mad. The Diamond is actually a super weapon that was created but never finished, Buttercup doesn’t need it to remain alive as he still has a working power crystal his master gave him, so after being driven mad by solitude pacing around the Diamond for millennia he reverted to a tyrannical madman obsessed with control and getting back at his (long dead) master who was cruel to him. the diamond created the other golems; its magic radiated and brought life to inanimate machines and rocks and such, the first Golem it awoke was the Sentinel, a mountain on top of the cavern where it was hidden. Once the sentinel awoke he sat up, allowing the Diamond’s magic to spread further and reach other objects, which were animated and drawn to its power. But Buttercup kept them from it, the Golems came to revere the Diamond as an item of legend; a deity within the caverns that would reveal itself only to the worthy and only Buttercup was worthy. At least, that’s what he told them. In truth he was a madman obsessed with, and coveted, the Diamond. Gryn can draw the magic of the Diamond through a small sinkhole above the cavern and uses it to cast the visions of the Diamond onto the Sentinel’s back like a movie screen; the Diamond is a vastly powerful magical artifact, a scrying stone that gives glimpses of the future and of the past. Gryn divines the “god Diamond’s” will from these visions to guide the golems. The images he casts onto the back of the sentinel also give off a magical signature which the other golems are drawn to. The arcane golems were golems made from other magical artifacts left behind by the humans; there are magical stones and crystals in the ground, some of them find their way to the surface, drawn by the Diamond’s power, then they are animated by it. Quig saw visions of the past in the Diamond; of the wars fought to obtain it, and he raised a mighty golem army to defend the Diamond. Quig was there when the first golems arrived at the Diamond, he introduced himself as the Diamond’s keeper, Lord Buttercup. So they came to revere him as well as the Diamond as a messiah and as god, respectively. Quig and the others were sitting around the temple on the Sentinel’s back as Gryn cast a vision from the past, of the bloody war humans fought for the object, and Quig jumped up like “oh no people are coming to take the diamond! We must raise an army to defend it!” So he took all the big strong fighters among the golems and they are Buttercup’s army now.
    Ruler:
    Army General:
    Wizard:
    Macguffin:
    Other #1:
    Other #2:
    Other #3:
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father

You should change "tap a Golem you control" into "tap an untapped Golem you control" if you want to make your cards closer to mtg standards. The idea is cool though!
  • edited January 2019
    Yep!
  • @Daeadalus_The_All_Father

Are we going to see an elemental rivalry arc between you and @pjbear2005 ?

@all
    Also, now we've hit friday evening/saturday morning (depending on where you live), can I have an influx of entries? Pretty please?
  • @HeroKP Preferably not. I had actually contemplated doing Elementals and if I had, then we probably would have. I only chose Golems because I like them more so I would rather not get my babies involved in something like that for now. Also, should I include a description of the plane and such?
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father

It's not necesarry, but it will be a tiebreaker in the acceptance judging
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Not if they eat you first!
  • @HeroKP Is the flash ability on Glass Cat worded right?
  • @RogueCat

Technically, the correct wording would be "You may cast cat spells as though they had flash", but whatever, you don't need to change it, I know what you mean.
  • *refreshing the page every 30 seconds for new entries intensifies*
  • edited January 2019
    @RogueCat This is the kind of wording you are looking for.
    Another way from the Gatherer text is:
    You may cast spells as though they had flash. (You may cast them any time you could cast an instant.)
    Edit the wording for cats and you’re good!
  • @RogueCat

Also, there is a little inconsistency in the lore. Your world could not have been destroyed by Bolas, sine all the canon stuff is happening in the separate end of the multiverse. Do you think you can find a way to resolve that? Maybe another powerful dragon that's like Bolas but not really?
This discussion has been closed.