CONTEST - Eternal Watchtower

Hi guys! Welcome to the discussion.
I'm starting to work on a new set of mine (The Eternal Watchtower) which is sort of like this:
1. There is a Giant Tower on the outskirts of an unexplored plane.
2. It has been guarded by a legion of soldiers known as the "Midnight Strikers" (Blue-White-Black).
3. Nicol Bolas has noticed it and is starting to send troops to the tower to maybe make a siege, considering how powerful the warriors and how strategic the location is for a base.

And that's where YOU come in.
Your job is to create a card (Blue-White-Black or any combination of them) that fits with the set! The ten best will be featured in my favorites and will start the baseline for the whole set.

The rules are as follows:

1. YOU MUST MAKE AN APPROPRIATE CARD.
I don't accept any cards with inappropriate content whether in the art, the title, or the card itself.

2. PLEASE HAVE IT BE A CARD ON THE MIDNIGHT STRIKERS' SIDE
I don't really want any more cards to bolster Nicol Bolas. There's enough already. I am more likely to pick a card with a theme similar to the Midnight Strikers style.

3. BLUE-WHITE-BLACK PLEASE
Blue-white-black cards only (or any combination of them). I'm cool with artifacts as well.

4. UP TO FIVE CARDS PER PERSON
Only 5 cards per person please.

5. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CARDS EITHER IN IMAGE OR IN A LINK IN YOUR COMMENT
It's much easier to see the image and click the link then jump through loops in your profile to find it.

Thank you!

Comments

• What are the midnight strikers themes around? Warrior synergy? Artifacts? Something else?
  • Usual Esper stuff with a twist - life gain, draw, board control, graveyard interaction, and the twist - +1/+1 counters, giant creatures (primarily white and black), and searching deck triggers. Thanks :)
  • Oh also - the deadline is Febuary 15th everyone.
  • Any artifacts they have are usually for removal or for the things I specified. They also can focus around being able to make a choice - something that many players don't have (for example: being able to choose to counter or not.)
  • Okay, I'll make some when I get home
  • I'll extend the deadline if no-one's making any xD
  • Feel free to change the name
  • Here's one more...
  • Damn, I keep meaning to make cards for this but forget. Sorry.
  • Here's a card I made for this challenge. Don't know where it'll exactly fit it, but here it is anyway;
  • edited February 2019
    I tried to make a card that represents all of the themes you listed and ties them together while still being a cool mythic. Hope you like it.
  • These are all amazing! Thank you so much for doing this!
    I love these. These fit really well with the themes I described and TBH, I will have a hard time choosing a winner. Thank you :-D
  • Okay. Here's the list (please keep in mind this is just for fun):

1. Bifdel, Dungeon Master by LastJustice
    This one was so cool and creative and with all of the "clone" effects i'm planning to put in this is an awesomely synergyzing card. Great job :)

2. Kalthor, Lich Mastermind by SpellPiper1223 (what happened to the other 1222??? lol)
    This is really awesome (I love the art as well) with all of the life gain and card draw this fits quite well with the set. It sort of reminds me of Oloro, Ageless Asetic in a way. Awesome card :D

3. Oryinthin, Enlightened One by LastJustice
    What a cool card! I can see a lot of Tap/Untap shenanigan potentials in this card. I love it :-)

4. Trouble by Corwinn
    This is a really cool card. It's balanced with the life-gain and deathtouch and the fact that your opponent must choose makes for some very, very interesting politics in a commander game. Great job 8-D

5. Sero the Sparkslayer by LastJustice
    Another awesomely creative card by LastJustice hits 5th place with its awesome "anti-planeswalker" schemes to prevent your opponent from using them. I think that with some clone stuff this could be devastatingly cool. Thanks bud 8)

6. Essence of Mystery by LastJustice
    What a cool idea! Perfect with Oryinthin and some other untap-tap shenanigans, as well as countering, and scrying! Yay :-D

7. The Eternal Watchtower by Je_Suis_Oluwa
    What a cool idea! I might tweak it a bit and put it in as one of the Hyperstones floating around the tower (a bit like a hedron but made to tap energy and hide the Watchtower with powerful spells). Good job man 8-D

8. Esper Aristocrat by Corwinn
    Cool card! With ability copying and clone stuff this is sure to be a winner in my book.

9. Behead by LastJustice
    Cool flavor text! I might make a card off that (if you have not already).

Thanks for sending the stuff y'all!
This discussion has been closed.