Ladies and gentlemen! Warriors and wizards! Beasts and summoners! Angels and demons!
I welcome you to the Tournament of Champions 2 Rematch!
Choose your champion to enter the arena where he, she, or it shall face the champions of other cardsmiths until only one stands as the true champion!
8 or 16 champions will enter the tournament. After each stage, the winning champions will continue to the next stage stronger than before until only one remains.
If there would be an odd number of competitors, the 8 or 16 best of them will be chosen to fight in the tournament.Rules:
- Each cardsmith creates a legendary creature with converted mana cost 3 or less
that will represent them in the tournament.
- After each victorious match, the champion will grow stronger (its mana cost will increase). A new, more powerful card will be created with the stronger champion for each level.
- Each champion's color identity is allowed to change partly between levels (colors may be added or removed but a core color must remain).
- Champions of higher level must be similar to their earlier versions. Main abilities must be the same or similar, secondary abilities may be removed or added. Make it look like natural evolving!
- Artwork between levels must be different. It would be preferred if they share some similarities.
- Champions must be balanced. Don't make a 10/10 for 3 mana without drawbacks.
- Champions may be replaced/remade but only before the first deadline.
- Old cards are allowed as long as they match the requirements.Rematch rules for previous players:
If you played in the previous tournament discussion and won your match:
- Post the first stage version of your champion. You are allowed to edit the card in any way you want as long as the character stays the same.
- The champion you post here will have a guaranteed spot in the tournament (it will pass the knockout competition automatically).
If you played in the previous tournament discussion and lost your match:
- Create a brand new champion that is not the same character as the one you used in the previous discussion.InstructionsPre- first stage:
The draft period will be 1 week at minimum. This may be increased if the desired quantity of champions is not reached. If the number of champions is an odd one, a knockout competition will occur, where the "best" champions will be taken to the tournament.First stage:
When the 8 or 16 champions have been chosen, the positions will be randomized. Champions will then fight in an arena where the winners are determined through different factors. Some of these are: Power/toughness, abilities, balance, extra costs, flavor, etc, but also some special factors. The winners will be presented after some time.Post- First stage:
The winners of the matches will then be given a minimum of one week to upgrade their champion. Extra time will be given if one cannot upgrade their champion within the given time. This will continue in a similar pattern until the last 2 champions remain. Some special rules will occur then but more about that then.
Converted mana cost for the stages are as follows:
First stage: 0-3
Second stage: 4-5
Third stage: 6-7
The first preliminary deadline is 23:59 EET (Eastern European Time), 30th of January.Brief guide to uploading linked pictures/images in comments! (W/ Visual Aid)
Previous tournaments:Tournament of Champions! (The game has begun)Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)Lore:
- Lore-wise, this is the 17th tournament.
- When you enter a champion, it will arrive to the port town named Eternstor
, and have a place to sleep in the Tavern of Contenders
- Tournament guards and hosts watch over your champions
- The tournament will be held in the plane of Avelaide, where the chosen champions will be brought once the game starts.