Mechanix Challenge #37 - Circuit Challenge

13»

Comments

• Using the unnamed Mechanix version of Perceive by Creeper333_ -
  • We're going to extend this ONE MORE DAY!!
    mostly because I forgot I had to work tomorrow!!
  • edited March 2019
    Using my version of KrampisZman's Zombify:

Zombify N. (Put target creature card with converted mana cost N from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.)

• edited March 2019
    Using Bury from TBeast430.

• Alright, No more entries!
    CLOSED FOR JUDGEMENT
  • edited March 2019

We had a much more difficult Mechanix Challenge this time around, but the results were fantastic. I had a wonderful time sifting through all of your entries. Thanks to everyone who entered! Now to get on with the results!!

Under the Pale Winter Moon by @LilPi - Freeze by @michaelmvm
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/under-the-pale-winter-moon
    I saw a lot of Freeze cards, but this one rose above for me, as I could see myself resurrecting a newfangled stasis style deck around this card. Fun for the user, not so much for their opponent!

Lorius' Interrogator by @Faiths_Guide - Plunder by @michaelmvm
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/lorius-interrogator
    Fun card and a good use of the Plunder mechanic. My only real drawback on this card was the artwork didn't fit my image of an interrogator. Aside from that small criticism, I loved the card!

Hidden in History by @bnew07 - Incarcerate by @aus10krews
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hidden-in-history
    This is a super drippy flavor card! I liked the way Incarcerate was utilized here, and I would love to see it show up in a Saga somewhere, as it feels like there is a story attached to it!

Mutation Chamber by @pjbear2005 - "Duplicate" by @Tomigon

I didn't expect this to make the Top Three, but the more I read it and compared it to other cards, I kept getting drawn into that fact that whatever you "Duplicate" gets that +1/-1 counter every time you use it. While those counters are problematic and not widely accepted, it really makes this card better!

Dhravian Indoctrinator by @Animist - Incarcerate by @aus19krews

Wonderfully creative way to use this keyword. This is one of those cards that I want to see in a pack that I open up on draft day, or any other day for that matter! Great job!

Rooted Ferryman by @TenebrisNemo - Zombify by @KrampisZman

Seems pretty simple, yet what an impossibly flavorful card. This is another card that should be real and feels like it would come out of a pack. It was hard to elevate one of these above the other, but to me, this one is well balanced and really plays to it's own strengths!

• Circuit Points have been awarded!
  • Woo! Thanks very much for this neat Mechanix challenge, @Corwinnn! The set symbols and the way you announced the winners were a nice touch. Don't forget to favorite the top 3 winning cards with -TROPHY-!

Congratulations to other winners and honorable mentions as well!
  • Corwinnn I saw the description and you do realize it is improper to say your name in third person right? Or are you talking about one of your clones
  • @TenebrisNemo - Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something... been a crazy week!!

@EnvyReaper - It is well documented that I am legally TWO people, so if I refer to myself in the third person, it's okay. Now... if I ever start referring to myself in the FOURTH person... we have problems!
This discussion has been closed.