World building contest - War Upon the Sands!

124»

Comments

• All but one of my entries is gone from some thing or another. Will make some more. Totally forgot about this one.
  • @KorandAngels why don't make sand permanent? Its like snow permanent but it was a sand
  • @Tommyneko

Because unlike ice you can't "sand" something
  • sand is a creature type that was only used in one very old card

and I mean, sand can get everywhere haha
    some creatures use sand for camouflage too, and many are closely linked to sand (like burrowing in it)

a sand supertype would be interesting but it'd just be a snow that isnt snow, wich isnt bad in my eyes
  • I am confused as to how many entires can be made for the contest

is it 3 cards each person? or 3 cards each rarity?
  • edited November 2019

an idea of a card that hints to the time before it all was a desert in the plane
  • You can actually do any number of cards, but it's to late for me to edit the introduction bit.
  • edited November 2019
    I felt like the fauna of this plane was lacking a few additions, so I made a few critters

a wurm that hunts in the night, the lands it threads have a horrible reputation for it

a non high intelligence dragon that scavenges the dossert for dead bodies and small creatures to pray on, kinda like a vulture, it can be taimed to become a good pet or animal soldier, wich is represented by the white in it's mana shift

the sulfur fox is a rare creature that lives in the mountains, it is inmune to many of the toxic gasses formed by volcanic eruptions and thus is found near those areas when it wants to rest, it is renouned for it's flexible skin that lets it adapt to the enviorment, they are fairly intelligent, but not human level, and can be taimed, but it's hard and more commonly done by trives, that combined with their rarity makes taimed ones very rare

sand vipers are a wild species of manticore that roams the dessert, they can be taimed, usually by the state and made into very competent animal soldiers, their sting is lethal, but they show a natural capacity for restraint, likelly cause it is lethal to them as well
  • edited November 2019
    a hellion grub, hellions roam the dessert, smaller than wurms but with apendages in their heads that let them grab people and manouver arround, in their grub state their apendages are more akin to sharp lets that let em stab creatures, while adults their apendages are more like sharp tendrils or tentacles; they're typically red, green, or black
This discussion has been closed.