Where would be a good place to recruit some card game designers?

edited March 2019 in Off-topic Chat
Hey guys I've been browsing around for a while now and I am trying to recruit a few designers to help me develop a LCG card game I am working on. See I am an artist and a budding designer but I need some help with the actual mechanics after a certain point, making the game stand out. Sadly this has become a bit of a pain as of late as none of my friends IRL want to assist me, any tips of where to look for advice or to recruit some designers to help me out?

To be clear I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do and I've even made some cards ready to go buuuut the issue is I have no idea if this is going to run well, even after play testing with friends with some good results I'm not sold it's enough just yet.

Comments

• I can help...
  • @SmallJem, I have been designing cards and card games for a long time. Before I was introduced to MTG, I had designed no less than 5 card games, one of which got picked up by Hasbro, my parents got money, and then they scrapped it because reasons...
  • Basically, I have experience with this stuff and I would be happy to help.
  • wait wait wait what? @Ranshi922 please do tell :D
  • edited March 2019
    A long long time ago, I designed a little card game called Wizard Rumble. It was why I had those drawings. (Almost every single card I made with a drawing of my own was repurposing one of the drawings for those.) So it grew popular at school and then became a raffle prize at the school's spring fundraising fair. After that, my mom suggested trying to get a company to pick it up, I pitched it to Hasbro and they picked it up, but then I presume that they abandoned the project somewhere along the line because it was never sold in stores.

(This was a long long time ago, as I said, nearly a decade, but I still remember the process.)
  • edited March 2019
    @SmallJem
    The right avenue to go through is almost always readily available on Board Game Geek. It is the biggest "real game" website and has extremely active threads and advice on all things related to physical games.

When people launch games on Kickstarter, on top of getting feedback and play-testers through the aforementioned site, they usually contact and send placeholder versions of their concept to a couple of the big board game YouTubers for feedback. The best two are DiceTower and RahdoRunsThrough.

I am also designing a game, but I'm holding off on doing much with it right at this point. Feel free to PM me about anything related to this topic anytime.
This discussion has been closed.