Hi! So, I guess I made another contest. This one is a bit unconventional, and I'm not sure if you guys will enjoy it, but I hope you like it! Sorry about the long description, by the way.
- Create a character with some sort of backstory. It could be a planeswalker or legendary creature.
- Create at least two but no more than three additional cards related to the character. (Like a spell that they use, some sort of item they have, an ally of theirs, etc.)
- Write up a backstory for them. It could just be a description of their history and personality. It could be a couple paragraphs written in the voice of your character, something written by the character, or anything else you can think of. You can also hint at some of their backstory through the cards/flavor text (in addition to the written backstory).
Info for judging/entries.
- No more than one character per person.
- Deadline is on April 20th. Feel free to ping me if I'm late with the results.
- Entries are judged mainly on the characters rather than the actual cards. Which I know is a bit weird.
- Judging is based on the characters' memorability and complexity, as well as how distinct their personality and voice are. Card balance, creativity, and aesthetics are also taken into account.
First place gets 4 faves of their choice and a follow.
Second gets 3 faves and a follow.
Third gets 2 faves and a follow.
"Hello, darling. My name is Cameron. Cameron Lovelace. I'm afraid I don't have time to tell you my tale in full, but I can tell you the most interesting bits. Shall I tell you of the time I defeated the great Eldrazi Titans? Or how I single-handedly stopped a dragon from ascending to godhood? Or the time I... You look bored, darling. Oh dear, I'm rambling again, aren't I? Why don't you tell me about something more interesting? Like, for instance, yourself. Wait, where are you going?"
So yeah. He's a bard who's also a planeswalker. When he inevitably gets himself into trouble on one plane, he moves on to the next, and never looks back.
(Sorry if it's terrible. Just a vague idea of what I'm looking for.)
Good luck, and happy smithing!