Asymmetry - Challenge

I've been making a lot of challenges lately. This time it's a...complex one. You guys remember the 1d100 challenge? Yeah, this is sorta like this. You must create a custom keyword combining three mechanics chosen at random by a number generator (number generator not included) and create a card with it. Basically 1d100 + Mechanix. Now please, make it random. Don't just pick the things you like the most. Possibilities are below:

1 - Creature Tokens
2 - Emblems
3 - Tribes
4 - Equipment
5 - Artifacts
6 - Creature Types
7 - Card Types
8 - Counter Target
9 - Unique Counters
10 - Copies
11 - Graveyard
12 - Exile
13 - Searching Library
14 - Mill
15 - Reveal
16 - +1/+1 or -1/-1 Counters
17 - Noncreature spells
18 - Return to Hand
19 - Pay Life
20 - Exile Face-Down
21 - Energy Counters
22 - Enchantments
23 - Become a Copy of
24 - Noncreature Tokens
25 - Exactly X Cards
26 - Hand Size
27 - Take Control
28 - Either Player May Use This Ability
29 - Lands
30 - Sacrifice
31 - Roll a Die
32 - Discard
33 - Only Card in ___________
34 - Mulligan
35 - Play Face-Down
36 - Attack or Block
37 - Block More Than One Creature
38 - Outside the Game/Sideboard
39 - Lose the Game
40 - Extra Cost
41 - Put Counters on Players
42 - Upkeep
43 - Enters the Battlefield
44 - Sacrifice Itself
45 - If There Are No Cards In/On (Place)
46 - Play During Combat (Like Ninjitsu)
47 - Without Paying Mana Cost
48 - Color-Specific
49 - Life Total
50 - Silver-Bordered Ability

This is sort of a rip-off ik, but I was bored and I like creating new keywords. I wanted to see some crazy diverse cards.
Only prize is 1st-3rd get a favorite and a follow.
Make sure to say what numbers you got.

Comments

• I got 24 30 and 38 : Non-creature tokens, sacrifice and exile/sideboard. Time to get crafty.
  • @ASubtleGhost That could be really cool actually
  • I'm deciding to do this myself just for fun. 10, 16, 44: Copies, +1/+1 or -1/-1 Counters and Sacrifice Itself. Let's see how this goes.
  • Here's my example card for 10 16 44:
    It's a bit much...
  • edited April 2019
    Sac+exile+noncreature token= Nourish (Whenever you would sac this permanent, you may exile it instead. If you do create a land token. It enters the battlefield tapped.)
  • I got 43, 23, and 38, so I've got a question. I looked up "change into" (number 23) and there wasn't anything coming up for it in the Wizards database. @Project1734 is that supposed to be like an already on the battlefield effect similar to things like Clever Impersonator: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=386506 where its effectively changes into something on the battlefield?
  • edited April 2019
    Here's my entry with "enters the battlefield" (43), "change into" (for the sake of wording, I changed this to "becomes a copy of") (23), and "Outside the game/sideboard" (38)

I present: Emulate (an ability that will probably need sever rebalancing and would never be printed by Wizards but that's okay)
    image image

I liked emulate so much I've decided to turn it into a regular mechanic for my cards! I'll post some more emulate cards as they come through
  • @RohanDragon Change into was a sort of confusing one. I'll change it to becomes a copy of I guess.
  • @Project1734 yeah the more I think about it, just having change/become could be more open. Cause you could change the target of spells, change a creature type, become a copy, become a creature type, etc. That way it’s still kinda vague and open for people to interpret how they want to design
  • @RohanDragon I guess you're right, but you made your entry that way and it confused you, so I'll leave it at that
  • @Project1734 this is actually quite fun. Is there a card limit ?
  • I had the keywords: Enchantments, Attack/block and Lose the Game (I made it win the game)
  • edited April 2019
    I noticed that you didn't require cards to be made. I'm not sure if that was an accident but I'll go ahead and take advantage of it. I actually really enjoy your chart, it has a good array or mechanics.

Searching Libraries, Noncreature spells, and +1/+1 counters =
    Flow N (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may remove N +1/+1 counters from this creature. If you do, you may search your library for a spell with a converted mana cost of N or lower, and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.)

Dice, Face-down, and Color Specific=
    [Color Word] Warp (Whenever you cast a [Color Word] spell, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, turn this permanent face-down. It's a 2/2 creature)

Silver-Border, Combat trigger or cost, and Exile=
    Autograph {Cost} (You may autograph this creature as it attacks. To do so, pay {Cost}, write your name inside its art box, then exile it. Another target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of letters you wrote.)

"If no cards", Mill, and Copy=
    Graveshadow N (As you cast this spell, if there are no creatures in a graveyard, you may put the top N cards of your library into your graveyard, then have this spell become a target of target spell in your graveyard with converted mana cost N or less.)

Mill, Exile, and +1/+1 or -1/-1 counters=
    Plague {X} (When this card is put into your graveyard from your library, you may pay {X} and exile it. If you do, put X -1/-1 counters on target creature.)
  • edited April 2019
    (Note to self and others: silver sharpie works best.)
  • Ok, this is actually fun. I might use this regularly when trying to think up mechanics.
  • @IanLowenthal I love the mechanic, a lot of flavor. The things you can do with silver borders.
  • Return to hand (18), Creature tokens (1), Exile face-down (20)...interesting. Let's see what I can do. Also, is it just me or does nobody ever do their own challenges?
  • edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019
  • I got 10, 22, and 49! I’ll start making a card now.
  • @shadow123 just remeber, you're making a keyword with those terms, not a card
  • Spiritual (Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 colorless spirit creature token with flying. Then, you gain life equal to the number of spirits you control.)

• @shadow123 welcome to the contest, my friend
  • edited April 2019
    16, 48, 49

Let’s see how this works out.

Edit: 48 is messing with my brain!
  • edited April 2019
    Graveyard, Reveal, and Enters the Battlefield
    Lineage (When this permanent enters the battlefield, you may reveal a card in your hand. If the revealed card shares a card type with a card in your graveyard, draw a card.)

This one is all kinds of busted:
    Sideboard, Life total, and Copy= Intervene {Cost} (When you cast this spell, if your life total is less than 5, you may pay {Cost} to have it become a copy of a card in your sideboard.)

Works well in a thief deck:
    Mulligan/Wheel, Return to Hand, and "If no Cards"= Contemplation (At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are no cards in your hand, return each creature you own to your hand, then shuffle your hand into your library and draw seven cards.)

Enters the Battlefield, Graveyard, and Facedown=
    Wraith {Cost} (This permanent enters the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. You may pay {Cost} to turn this permanent face up as long as there are at least three creature cards in your graveyard.)

Player Counters, Dice, and Search Library= Betrayal {Cost} ({Cost}, [t], Roll six sided die: Search your library for a card with a converted mana cost less than or equal to the number you rolled. You get a poison counter.)

Card Types, Dice, and Discard= Subterfuge {Cost} ({Cost}: Flip a coin, assigning a different card type to each side. Target player discards a card from their hand that is the resulting type.)
    Functional edit: Changed from six-sided die to coin

"Lose the Game" shouldn't be on the chart:
    Lose the game, Reveal, and Discard= Martyr {Cost} ({Cost}, {t}, Reveal a card from your hand: Any player may discard their hand. If they do, target player loses the game.)

If I were making my own version of Contemplation, it would look something like this: Dramatize

I need some help. I forgot how to post smaller versions of the card images.
    Thanks to whoever fixed my post! I've figured it out now.
  • edited April 2019
    Desperate (Whenever this creature becomes tapped, if you are at 10 or less life, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature that doesn’t share a color with this creature.)

• Now, I got 42, 29, and 3
  • edited April 2019
    Redacted.
This discussion has been closed.