Planar Jump

This is my first contest, so I'm going to keep it simple. Create a card named Planar Jump. There is no entry limit. One week from today I'll favorite the best card submitted.

Comments

• Nice, love the art.
  • Thanks!
  • edited May 2019
  • Damn. Most powerful card in the entire game.
  • I like the idea of people taking their trash decks apart after this card is revealed.
  • Judging commences in two days.
  • Alright, thank you for participating in my first challenge! This was alot of fun for me. Let's examine the cards in order.

First up, pstmdrn, Strong, well balanced card, captures the essence of the name on a small scale, well done. My only note is that you have some dead space on the card you could have filled up with some reminder text. That would make the card both more beautiful and more practical, and it's always nice when you can do both.

Second up, Teacup. I am relativley new to magic and have only been around for the last unset, but it was a ton of fun. Your card captures the essence of the name on a massive scale which is nice, and it would be funny to see how the bizzare unsets stack up against a modern deck deck ext. Fun concept, but I probably would have upped the casting cost by a good amount, so that way people can have the fun of playing their jank un draft deck for a good while and then cast this as a sort of wind con.

Thirdly Sanjaya666. Cool card. I particularly love the flavor text, and how well it matches the name, and the cards effects. I feel like the best cards are the ones that synthesize those three elements together. My only note is that the card is a bit too powerful in most formats. It's essentially a one card combo, that lets you bring out Emrakul or Progenitus all by it's self.

Finally Mantis17. The artwork on this card is very well selected. I noticed you had a little extra space where you could have fit in some flavor text if you wanted. I know that's not everyone's thing, but well crafted flavor text always makes me happy. As for the card itself, it is probably to cheap. Even if it simply let you draw five it would probably be to powerful for only three mana. This card essentually tutors your whole combo. The card reflects the flavor of the name, but i would probably double the cost. Making the player reveal the cards is a nice step though, so at least the opponent knows what combo they have to play around.

As for the winner, I had a hard time choosing between pstmdrn and Sanjay666 because they both represent differnt facets of card design that I really appreciate. On the one hand pstmdrn is probably better balanced than Sanjay666, on the other hand Sanjay666 does a better job honing all elements of card design in to a single product. Both of them did excellent work capturing the essential nature of the cards name. I really wanted to reward this one to Sanjay666, but in the end the prospect of of being able to cheat in such powerful effects so efficiently just was to unpalatable for me, so you get an honorable mention. It was a very strong contender, and if you had limited it to only being able to cheat in planeswalkers, it probably would have won.

So the winner for this tournament is Pstmdrn, for his efficiently designed rendition of Planar Jump. Well done.

Thanks again everyone for participating!
  • Wow! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.