Planar, the Ultimate World.

Comments

• @Ranshi922 It could be Jace.

Nissa is off, possibly on unknown planes not touched by the magic being delivered by the thopters, but it's possible.

Liliana is on the run from Kaya, so it's not likely either of those would be there, at least not together. Maybe they would be on different planes but they meet on the new shards, there could be an alliance and Kaya understands why she was on Bolas' side.

Gideon is kinda dead.
  • @kandra127, that would be me.
  • But does anyone have any idea what Davriel's win condition should be? I am designing him to be very hard to kill. He has a passive that gives him loyalty counters equal to the cmc of any spell cast and a kill ability. What should his final ability be?
  • @ranshi922
    It should be something about stealing spells, i think.
  • Ok... how? I already have him become extremely powerful by the casting of spells, how should he steal them?
  • @ranshi922

1: Just clarifying, He's black-blue, right?

2: Maybe something like an emblem with "At the beginning of some phase, exile the top card of each opponent's library,"and "You may cast spells exiled with Davriel, (maybe without paying their mana costs. idk.)" you could have his kill ability exile, to synergise, maybe.

These are just me spouting ideas.
  • This sounds cool. I may join.
  • Also @Ranshi922 I hope you made Davriel's passive "spells you control" otherwise it's pretty damn strong.
  • It shouldn't be spells you control. it wouldn't be as flavorful.
  • @kandra127 I know, but it makes it really easy to get 10-12 loyalty in a couple of turns.
  • @Mantis17, I just need to spike the loyalty costs.
  • I need someone with MSE to create the final product. I can't do it on Design because passive abilities don't work there and I can't fit the emblem effect on Cardsmith.

Davriel, Manor Lord || {3}{u}{b}{b}
    Legendary Planeswalker -- Davriel || M
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a number of loyalty counters on Davriel, Lord of the Manor equal to that spell's converted mana cost.
    -6: Destroy target nonland permanent.
    -14: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step exile the top card of each player's library. You can cast exiled cards without paying their mana costs."
    (Use the Japanese alternate art.)
  • @Dom_Rocks
    So, the Phyrexians are here too?

Welp, it's time to just boardwipe the plane then.
  • @Ranshi922 I like that idea, also, Anime Davriel!

@sanjaya666 They are probably going to be stuck on a shard with only 3 or 4 other planes, but they will probably get a good foothold at more invasions on those planes, probably complete indoctrination into Kaladesh and being relevant to the planes safety on the others.
  • @Ranshi922

I still think it would be cool to have his minus exile target creature to synergize with the ult.
  • Ok... So MSE has more things and the passive ability mythics have three actives anyway. How is this?

Davriel, Manor Lord || {3}{u}{b}{b}
    Legendary Planeswalker -- Davriel || M
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a number of loyalty counters on Davriel, Lord of the Manor equal to that spell's converted mana cost.
    -4: Exile target creature.
    -6: Destroy target nonland permanent.
    -14: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step exile the top card of each player's library. You can cast exiled cards without paying their mana costs."
  • edited May 2019
    @Ranshi922, those symbols work for the set and the Davriel has great flavor and play ability.

By the way I don't think I can make the Set Symbols myself, so can someone involved make the cards? Also, BUY-A-BOX promo, anyone have ideas for that?
  • @Dom_Rocks, you don't need to make the symbol. They're right there.
  • @Ranshi922, by that I mean I can't make the cards with the symbol on them.
  • edited May 2019
    Those Involved so far.
    @Ranshi922, @kandra127, @pjbear2005, @sanjaya666, @Mantis17, @Bowler218 and @KorandAngels

Thanks, also... bump
  • I am involved.
  • @Dom_Rocks Maybe Amonkhet and Valia (A plane I'm basing off the stormy planechase card Immersturm) could be on the Mardu shard, and the buy a box promo for that set. It could be similar to this guy:

This was a card I made for a different set, so it doesn't have to be this, just an idea cause dragons
  • edited May 2019
    I would love to get in on this. I've always loved the idea of mixing and matching planes (and their abilities). I coincidentally made a car that was inspired by the idea of a sort of Theros+Ravnica centaur.
    For reference:
  • So for the first set, Shards of Ravnica, I suggest that we focus on the shard-guild combos of the shards and Azorius, Dimir, Rakdos, Gruul, Selesnya.
    I already have a card for Naya-Gruul.
  • @Ranshi922, makes sense to do it like that. I like this Naya-Gruul card. Quick Question, is Selesnya part of the Naya shard?
  • I think I worked out where all the guilds fit so that the colors match up and there's even distribution of the guilds among the shards.
    Naya = Boros + Gruul
    Bant = Simic + Selesnya
    Esper = Orzhov + Azorius
    Grixis = Izzit + Dimir
    Jund = Golgari + Rakdos
    Flavour-wise it isn't super satisfying, but that's how the colors line up.
    As for the Khans we have:
    Abzan = Orzhov + Selesnya
    Jeskai = Izzit + Azorius
    Sultai = Golgari + Dimir
    Mardu = Boros + Rakdos
    Temur = Simic + Gruul
  • It could be different.
    Naya = Boros + Gruul: The Fight-y ones
    Bant = Simic + Selesnya: The Harmony ones
    Esper = Orzhov + Azorius: The Order ones
    Grixis = Izzet + Dimir: The knowledge ones.
    Jund = Golgari + Rakdos: The Death ones.
    OR
    Naya = Boros + Selesnya: The army ones.
    Bant = Simic + Azorius: The Utopian ones (I mean they're trying to perfect society)
    Esper = Orzhov + Dimir: The Gang ones
    Grixis = Izzet + Rakdos: The Freedom ones
    Jund = Golgari + Gruul: The OOGA SMASHA nature ones.

Abzan = Golgari + Selesnya: The cycle of Life and Death
    Jeskai = Boros + Azorius: The Law
    Sultai = Simic + Dimir: The Smort ones
    Mardu = Orzhov + Rakdos: The business-y ones (Orzhov businesses and rakdos clubs)
    Temur = Izzet + Gruul: The Chaotic ones.
    OR
    Abzan = Orzhov + Selesnya: The religion
    Jeskai = Izzet + Azorius:
    Sultai = Golgari + Dimir: The...Graveyard ones? idk
    Mardu = Boros + Rakdos: The Aggro ones? this combination doesn't work as well.
    Temur = Simic + Gruul The other nature ones
This discussion has been closed.