Wartorn Set

So, I decided I wanted to make a set for my first venture since I'd like to consider myself as well rounded when it comes to card balancing. Though, I wanted to get feedback. My main idea was to revive dead keywords. I chose Fateseal, Afflict, and Gravestorm. The only Keyword that is any recognizable would be Scry. Also, the main two cards are double-faced, but I don't think you can do that on MTG Cardsmith yet, so I just made them separate cards.

Comments

• Righty, two main things. The first is that fateseal is the most oppressive mechanic this side of Thalia and that trying to make a set containing a lot of it is a silly idea. The second is that the reverse side of your transforming card shouldn't have a mana cost because it's the reverse side.

Scry is an evergreen mechanic at this point so you don't need to mention it as "The only recognisable mechanic" unless you plan to have it as a whole theme or you plan on not including any other evergreen mechanics, which would be a cool idea but horrible in terms of design and gameplay.
  • edited May 2019
    > "I'd like to consider myself as well rounded when it comes to card balancing."
    > Uses Fateseal and Scry
    > Creates a Mana Dork Spawner
This discussion has been closed.