After the War

Hello there. This is the beginning of my After the War competition series. In this competition, you can win favorites, follows, cards? We will see. In the After the War series, I will be giving you a scenario which you will give cards to fill. You can win various prizes, depending on if I have material prizes or not.

Mission: Have you heard the term Baby Boomer. I won't go in on much detail, but it is when people came back from the war, and were glad to be with their girlfriend or wife, and had a baby. So, your challenge is to recreate that. I want a brand new character, who came into the world after the war.

Criteria: I want the character to be a kid, learning his or her powers or abilities. You also don't have to stick to one guild either. What if somebody from Golgari and somebody from Rakdos had a son? There are many possibilities. When you post your card, I would also like a tiny bit of backstory, just to make the card interesting. In judging, you will be scored on Creativity 15 points, Art 5 points, Play 10 points, Fairness 10 points.

Rules: 3 cards per person, don't have to be new. Last entries at 12:00 pm, Pacific TIme on May 26th. (3:00 am Eastern Time)

Awards:
1st Place: Follow, 5 favorites
2nd Place: 5 favorites
3rd place: 3 favorites
Honorable Mentions: 1 favorite
Winning Cards will also receive a favorite.

Good luck and happy smithing!!!

Comments

Harumi's father was an Izzet mage, who created many kinds of inventions. Her mother was a Selesnya mage, whose other half of her heart belonged to nature. During their complicated times and unexpected alliances during the war, they fell in love. Harumi was born soon after, and she had found her passion in her own path, slightly guided by her beloved parents' ideals.

So, this is obviously Gideon's son, who's now growing up on Ravnica. I'm not really sure, who his mother would be, I'm imagining probably Chandra, but I don't know the stories that well (as far as I'm aware, Gid and Chandra looked liked the could end up together). This is just kind of my tribute to Gideon. Then the story goes a bit like this: Mathaios is born on Ravnica after the death of his father, grows up a bit and later joins the Boros Legion. His problems come from the fact, that his father is dead and his mother is (probably) also a planeswalker, so she unfortunately has some other stuff to do around the Multiverse. During his days of training in the Legien, Mathaios finds a best friend and learns, that friendship is the most valuable thing for him, and that he needs to protect his loved ones, just like his father does. I also tried to depict that in the card.

That's all from me, I know, that this character has some flaws, but... whatever. I hope you like the card and I wish you all a nice day (full of great smithing).
  • edited May 2019
    Ok... I am a tad annoyed at the title. I now have a song stuck in my head...

Faye is a girl growing up in peace and harmony , with a Boros father , Alean and a Azorius mother , Gillya . She has gowing up into a family who live for equity , peace and justice. But Faye is a gril with a pessimistic character. She always worried about the stability of peace. But she's has leadership and qualities for fights , and she wants to join Boros or Azorius.
  • Quick question. Who wants to learn their cards scores, or just know the winning cards.?
  • I think if you give the full score breakdown, it can help provide some nice additional feedback on things a given person might want to try and improve on.
    If/when I submit a card I at least enjoy know :P
  • Okay, you can see my ratings on the 27th.
  • edited May 2019
    Here's Elrissa, an assassin for hire. Left alone as a child in an orphanage had turned her psyche into somewhat... vicious and coldhearted. One day, a mysterious old lady with the nickname 'Massacre Girl' saw her potential and adopted her as her child. As days passed, Elrissa was slowly turning into a murderous psycho who valued life little to nothing, except for her own and her adoptive mother.

In the end, she has just become another murderer who is still walking freely among the shadows, or are there something much more behind it? No one simply knows.

• @sanjaya666 @EmolgAn @ThePhantomJoker @Ilmarinen
    Well, this didn't get popular, but I will still carry out prizes! Because there are not enough contestants to hand out official prizes, I will still hand out favorites. Each person will win 3 favorites AND have their card favorited so 4 favorites. You can post which cards you want favorited here or in a private message. Thanks for participating!!
  • edited May 2019
    @CrafterOfTruths
    Thanks for hosting. It's a shame this didn't get enough participants, but no can do. Fave these if you would be so kind:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/maiden-in-black-1
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/yanamari-captain-of-the-dead
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/temptress-of-the-forest
  • @Ilmarinen
    Thank you for participating! The cards have been favorited.
  • Ah! I just made a card for this and its already over? darn... well, congratulations to the winners!
  • @sorinjace
    Well, because everybody else got a prize...

... I guess you can submit it and get 3 favorites!
  • oh sweet. ok brb I hope you like the card. It's simple, but effective. Think of Fog meeting Holy Day, and they had a baby. You'll see. brb. :)
  • edited May 2019
    @sorinjace
    I was going to favorite boredom anyway, so you can choose another card. Unless you want...

Anyway, you can choose one more card for me to fave. I favorited those three already.
  • Cool ok ill pick...

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/preservative-automaton

I felt like this card deserved a little more love. *shrugs*

Thanks!
  • Thank you
  • edited May 2019
    @ThePhantomJoker
    You are welcome.
    My favorite card from your list was Waker of Gold. I’m imagining having that in a revel in riches deck.
This discussion has been closed.