#KALDHEIM!

If some of you haven't caught wind of this prediction/conspiracy theory yet, it all boils down to the fact that we will have a Norse-inspired set this autumn set on the plane of Kaldheim, an enigmatic place mentioned on an old magic card. Three main pieces of evidence for this hapenning:

- It was suggested in an old opinion poll and got a lot of traction, but hasn't been implemented yet

- Introducing snow permanents in Modern Horizons could be a way of foreshadowing a block that constitutes us a full return to these things.

- HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?

I honestly buy into this theory.

Do you? Why or why not?

Comments

• edited May 2019
    All cards referencing Angrath are in standard currently, and I think this is his home plane. It seems likely we are going there soon, but maybe not immediately.
    I think it will be Kamigawa for Phyrexia first, maybe...
  • @AxNoodle If we go back to phyrexia, I'm refusing to play anything other than drafts
  • @Bowler218 Cause Phyrexian cards suck to play against
  • I want to return to Theros...
  • KAMIGAWA! RETURN TO KAMIGAWA! LOSSES OF KAMIGAWA! OTHER SET NAMES FOR KAMIGAWA!
  • I'm fine with the idea of Kaldheim. Snow Permanents are cool and it'd probably come with wolf tribal. That said, I'd much prefer a return to Kamigawa or new phyrexia, as those are my two favorite planes.
  • I'm after Lorwyn / Shadowmoor (or anything executed with their picturesque-ness) as a first pick, but I'd honestly like to see Kaldheim turn up because I'm aware that there's a lot of cool stuff that can be done with snow permanents and I wasn't around for Coldsnap.
  • I think return to Theros is coming up personally; it's one of the most popular planes and has not seen a return yet.
  • edited May 2019
    FALLEN EMPIRES!! Oh wait... sets we want to return to? Then definitely NOT Fallen Empires...

KAMIGAWA!!
  • More Unova Remakes! Oh wait wrong game. Funny how we all want Kamigawa but it was hated before
  • I think we just hated Splice
  • No kamigawa, return to- return to- return to- return to dominaria!
  • I would really like to return to Lorwyn, I tend to enjoy tribal based blocks such as Ixalan, Onslaught, and the already mentioned Lorwyn
  • What?!?!
    No seriously, that set was good back then, but that would be hard to revamp for post-WAR and some more serious tribal like Ixialan and Pre-WAR Ravnica
  • Kamigawa was a victim of poorly timed mechanics that were more focused on flavor than actual functionality. Oh, and splice.
  • Return to ahmonkhet
    Pharaohs of Ahmonkhet
    End of the Ifnir
    Different time sets for Ahmonkhet, like what happened with the 3 time periods of Tarkir.
    (pre-bolas)
  • (You seem to have an underlying hatred for black-aligned cards for some reason)
  • edited May 2019
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 If you meant me, then yes sort of.
This discussion has been closed.