Lost Odyssey (Sandbox)

Comments

• @spookops So, what is our challenge now? What card do we have to makee?
  • edited June 2019
    @spookoops

>>

'Really?' Kiara rolled her eyes as she noticed and examined the injured orc.

"Hm, it would be a good decision if we just end his misery right now." Suggested the illithid psychically who stood behind the squatting duelist.

"What? No! Let's just interrogate him first since he looks... pretty important anyway." Answered the duelist as she also noticed the small lockbox in the injured pirate's hand.

"So, mind telling us what's inside the box, or you can swim with the fishes."

"... Why?" Answered the orc heavily due to his injured state.

"Why? Aren't you the one who commanded your crews to bombard and sink the ship?"

"... No, that was mah stupid first mate, the mad idiot just enacted a mutiny and tried to end mah career." He coughed blood a bit.

"But... before he could finish me, the crew spotted ya folk's ship and just shoot it into pieces because those idiots obeyed him. 'Cause here, the strong rules over the weak. And in the midst of it, I ran away and hide 'cause of my injuries, and waiting until my inevitable demise."

Kiara turned her head towards the illithid.

"Hm, remind me to search the ship again for a stowaway."

The illithid just nodded.

"And, still you didn't tell us about the box." Said the duelist towards the orc while she was playing with her bloodied sword.

The downed orc sighed.

"... Just end mah life, if ya must. But first lemme tell ya, if ya folks open this box, bad things will happen to y'all, and to the world we know."

"You're shitting us."

"... Just try it then. And ah probably already dead anyway..."

Then the orc closed his eyes and went limp.

"Hey, you..." Kiara checked the orc's neck for the life's pulses, then she found out about the orc's stab wounds.

"He's already dead." Remarked the illithid.

"Great." Kiara just sighed and took away the box from the dead orc.

"Now what are we going to do with this box?"

"Something... magical in nature, is in the box, I could feel it. It is wise if we should keep it away and asking an expert about this box instead." Suggested the illithid psychically.

"... And what about you then? Aren't people kind of... afraid towards your kind?" The duelist stood up while holding the box and folded her arms.

"I am technically an outcast of my kind. But whether you believe it or not, it is up to you. Now I shall go with the others to check the ship for stowaways."

And with that, the illithid just levitated itself towards the main deck.

'By the gods, I really hate mind games.' Kiara just clutched her head in her ever-growing exasperation and followed the ragtag group of possibly dangerous people she didn't even know their name of.

'Ah yea, their names... gotta ask about it later then.'

At least she's terribly good at physical combat and surviving in the wild anyway.

(Sorry (not sorry) for killed your orc. :))
  • @spookoops (Also, what's actually in the box anyway?)
  • @sanjaya666

I say that's a pretty good portrayal of Iscilla, it fits the character I had in mind for her
  • @Bowler218, @Sanjaya666, @HeroKP, @TigerFang8 So yeah... you just killed the one guy that knows how to actually helm this ship, and your destination. Your challenge now, is to create me a sorcery or instant spell (2cmc) that can get you out of this mess.
    From what you are able to see, the ship seems to be a few miles of shore from some small island. What do you do?..
  • edited June 2019
    @spookoops (Well, you introduced the orc as 'heavily wounded' with an important plot item. Plus nobody in the group is actually a healer while being in a pirate ship in the middle of the sea. So, he'll slowly bleed to death eventually anyway. Alright then, will do the card, boss.)
  • @HeroKP (Kool, kool...

Also, is Iscilla a villain or not? Or maybe you can write about the real intentions of your guy by yourself? I'm just assuming a lot right here.

@Bowler218 @TigerFang8
    And for anyone else, if there's a disagreement, well, maybe you can add some more details about your characters?)
  • Please no backstories, right now you have no memories of who you are. Protagony, or Antagony will be determined later...
  • @HeroKP (I suggest for the illithid to create a tadpole that then can be used to ceremorph itself using the corpse of the dead pirate. So it later can be the new illithid-orc thing ship captain.

Wait, that would take too long. Hm, canonically it would need a week for the process, and I have no idea if ceremorphosis works on corpses or not.)
  • Once the orc had died, Denyl realized that made them the only ones on the ship. He went for the captain's quarters to find a map. Once he did, he laid it out on a table on the main deck and started marking places with little coins and trinkets.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/study-the-signs
  • @Bowler218 (I thought Denyl was a girl??)
  • No, he's a boy.

@Bowler218

While Denyl pinpoints our location, Iscilla tries to see through the storm and to our destination.
  • edited June 2019
    @bowler218, @sanjaya666, @herokp, @tigerfang8
    As you all monitor the situation, and search for a way to navigate and helm the ship, Theven's curiosity gets the best of him and decides to open the lock box... Inside you find a simple looking key with a note that reads, The first letter of my final destination. --Roald Nehsi...

Denyl, after some time, is finally able to figure out how to navigate the ship to the nearest port. And starts doing so...

Iscilla, you quickly realize, the storm was never a storm, just the commotion of a sea battle. With that, you continue to search the captains quarters for anything interesting, and come across...
  • edited June 2019
    [Reworked]
  • edited June 2019
    [Reworked]
  • @spookoops

Iscilla opened the last page of the log, and recoiled in terror. Staring back at her was an unknown, yet so very familiar face.

• "Based on the map, we are just a few miles off shore. I might be able to steer this, but it ain't gonna be steady!"
  • edited June 2019
    Onwards

Kiara took a swig of water from a leather bottle she just found from the ship's kitchen. Plundering for loot was indeed a refreshing prospect for anyone who had lost their belongings.

"Hey, uh, so, I didn't quite catch your name so..." Inquired the female warrior towards the still standing illithid who also had its arms folded. Deep inside, she was still wary towards the said person due to the commonly villainous nature of the illithids themselves.

"Iscilla." Remarked the illithid psychically without even turned its head towards her.

"So, I'm Kiara by the way."

"Pleasure to meet you then."

'Giving a cold shoulder eh?' The female duelist raised her left eyebrow.

"Ehem, so, what do you think about our current tiefling captain?"

The skygazing illithid just turned its head towards the duelist slightly.

"I don't think that he has become the captain of this ship."

Kiara just rolled her eyes.

"Fine, let's just change the topic. So, you seemed to be... surprised before as you opened that captain's log. Do you mind to tell about what it is actually?"

"It is none of your concern."

"Well, shouldn't we all just sticking together? Or do you want to just go to your own way if we arrive at the port?"

A prominent pause.

"You and your current skills can't help me by this matter, or the others who are in this group. But I also can't go back to the Underdark due to my status as an outcast."

"The Underdark?"

This time the illithid turned its head at the female warrior.

"The place that I once called as home."

"Well, you can join this merry group then." She shrugged.

"I don't think that this group can be described as 'merry'."

And Kiara just sighed.

'Don't you even know about sarcasm.'

"So, you're joining us then."

"I could see no other beneficial options for me since I've lost my important belongings in the wreckage before."

"Okay, I call that as a yes then."

And just by that, the illithid resumed its pondering about its own fate.

"So, if you need me, I'm just gonna by the druid then."

And the illithid just gave her an 'ok' hand sign, or so what Kiara's thought.

'Welp, this is gonna be a long day.' She sighed again due to the cold response and moved herself away to check the druid who was curiously silent lately.
  • @bowler218, @sanjaya666, @herokp, @tigerfang8
    The log book is available for all to read.

As you all peruse through the log book, looking for indication of what is going on, or where you are going for that matter; all come across a section that seems to describe who and what you guys are.

Denyl- Half Demon- Navigator
    Kiara- Human- First Mate
    Iscilla- Illithid- Scout
    Theven - Human- Medic

You are all quick to figure that you are in fact members of this ships crew. But, why can't you remember any of this? Why are you where you are? What the hell is going on?..

After some confused looks exchanged between the lot of you, you continue reading on. Coming across the pages of the ship itself, you find that this this is in a league of it's own...
    image...

After discovering the details on how to navigate and helm the Heavenly Sabre, you all go looking for your respected quarters. Hoping to uncover more about yourselves and why you have no memories...

You have all gained a level (lvl2). With that comes a larger mana pool (3cmc) and a signature spell. Create for me a Legendary Instant/Sorcery that follows your characters arc and color pie.
  • @Bowler218, I commented on the card.

Guys, this card can be anything you want, doesn't have to be about the book or situation you're in. It's a signature spell for your avatar.
  • Followed the comment and changed my entry
  • edited June 2019

I realised halfway through making this that it was becoming this: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394558
  • @bowler218, @sanjaya666, @herokp, @tigerfang8
    Legendary sorcery/instant are supposed to be stronger than normal, since they have casting stipulations. Don't be afraid to push them a little. @tigerfang8, I like where that's going, but instead choose 2. @bowler218, add another feature, make it multiple choice...
  • Updated the signature
  • edited June 2019
    @spookoops (So about the ship, I'm kinda confused. Aren't we actually still onboard of the stolen dreadnought tho?)
  • edited June 2019
    No, you guys were attacked by the Onslaught Dreadnaught, you combated it to defeat. You guys have been on the Heavenly Sabre this whole time...
  • Has this started?
This discussion has been closed.