13. An unlucky number, according to universally accepted superstition. Millions of Stitia’s residents are haunted by this number, not because it’s unlucky, but because this is the number of times many of their mortal souls are grinded through the Cursed Rebirth. Anyone who dies a sinful or supernatural death is cursed... cursed to be reborn as a lower being, cursed to live a life more torturous than the last, and in the end, they are cursed to meet a more tragic and agonizing demise...
The very few who know about the Cursed Rebirth seek to avoid it at all costs, and to uncover its mysteries. These are called the Triskaidians. These greater beings have a natural resistance to the Cursed Rebirth, in their faith in the gods or their pacts with demons, with the knowledge to escape death or the ability to resist it. However, the luck of Stitia is not in their favor. The Triskaidians are born with a curse as well; the supernatural has a knack for ending their lives as soon as possible. Sin will run to them, tainting their lives and destroying their faith. Those that do not die outright go insane, eventually succumbing to the Cursed Rebirth anyways through self-infliction.
You are a Triskaidian. After a recent sweep of supernatural deaths amongst the people, be it friends, family, or strangers, you decide that you should finally start to investigate. Someone must be behind all of this. Rumors say that this is the only plane this happens on, after all.
How to begin:
- Create a Legendary Creature card to represent your character. They must have some kind of natural immunity to the supernatural, expressed through the card in some way or another. (Please read below what races you can use, and what colors you can use with them.)
- Create an artifact that’s a Lucky Charm for your character.
- Create a card that displays a supernatural event the character holds dearly, whether it was a miracle that inspired hope, or a tragedy that inspired them to act.
- Make a minor story blurb about you character. It definitely doesn’t need to be an essay on their life story, but a good backstory will make it easier for me to understand your character, enhancing the experience.
- Use the map and info below it to determine your hometown.
Here are the races you can use to make your character:
- Human (Any combination of colors)
- Dwarf (Any combination of colors)
- Construct (Any combination of colors)
- Vampire (Any combination of Red, White, Blue, and Black)
- Werebeasts of any type (Any combination of Red, Black, and Green.
- Elf (Any combination of White, Green, and Blue. Red is tolerable for Shamans.)
- Devil/Demon (Any combination of Red, Green, and Black)
- Angel (Must be white, Can be any combination of colors)
- Spirit (Any combination of colors)
- Elemental (Any combination of colors)
- Cat (For Leonin) (Any combination of colors)
- Zombie (for Liches) (Must be black. Can be combined with any combination of colors EXCEPT white.)
- Merfolk (Must be blue or green. Any combination of colors)
- Shapeshifters (Any combination of colors.)
The adventure will begin on Monday, August 19th, BUT you can join at any time before Friday the 13th (September). The adventure will not start until we have at least 3 people.