Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited September 2019
    @Tommia

Draundr decides to stay, if both were there at that moment he might as well seek both of them
  • @Bowler218 Uvras has taken Verth in to talk to him about something. In the meantime, depending on what you would like to do, you can either wait for him, or go ahead and leave. Either way, unless there is something you want to do, you are very tired from the battle, so it is imperative that you get some rest.
  • @KorandAngels A few hours later...

That was tiring. You’ve returned to the temple with Kia, and both of you could use some rest.

“That was pretty cool! I didn’t know angels could do all that!”

You have to grade her for the day and write down notes on performance, noting that she has shown “an unusually exemplary ability to cast spells, and, without being taught, absorbed a spell in the field”. The Six should be pleased with this breakneck progress. Normally weeks would be spent teaching spells, and years would be spent perfecting them, and somehow, she has done that in a single day. She’ll still need more experience, but you are confident in her ability to cast spells. As you have this thought, Kia summons another one of those harmless blobs of white mana, and seems to be playing with it.

Since you’ll need to rest, you decide that today might be the right day to take your first trip to the Beyond. After all, there’s a time chamber there that awaits you. You’re pretty sure you know how to do this. You go outside, and close your eyes, asking for entry. A tunnel of light opens in the sky, and you fly into it, going faster and faster until you reach the Beyond...

“Good evening Ishka. We’ve been expecting you.” Two Archangels greet you. “Follow us this way. The Six wish to speak to you.”

As you enter the Chamber of the Six again, you notice one of the Goddesses are not present. Faer, the Goddess of Battle. Conse, the God of Decision, or simply Conse the Decider, greets you.

“Do not worry. Faer will return momentarily. Our highest disciple has called upon her destructive power.” Arne. Destructive isn’t exactly the first thought that comes to mind when you think of him. He seemed to go out of his way in battle to give those vampires the most peaceful death possible, although that is hard to do when you’ve thousands of feet above the ground.

“Sorry about that. I was needed in order to... keep Arne from exploding an entire forest.” Well that escalated quickly. Faer walks over to her seat and sits down. “I needed to make sure he didn’t use too much of my power.”

One moment he barely has enough power to transform, and now today a god is needed to keep him in check? That’s very inconsistent. But you aren’t one to question these people, so you remain silent as you wait for Conse to speak to you,

“Archangel Ishka. We have been evaluating your progress with our young child, Kia. She is the second child we’ve ever had, the first being Ysa, Arne’s father.” No wonder she’s so powerful then. Did these people just admit to you that you’re basically in charge of teaching mere angelic lessons to a demigod?! Nohel, God of the Cryptic, laughs.

“I know what you’re thinking. But trust me. We have a good reason for choosing you to teach her. It is true that normally we’d be the ones doing the teaching when our children are involved. But Kia is a little unstable. We figured with a limiter upon her, we could keep her from growing up too quickly.”

Now he’s suggesting you’re... some kind of limiter. To say the least, that seems like quite the mockery to your skills.

“Anyways, we’d like to commemorate you in your teachings. You’ve made more progress becoming an ideal Scholar than most before you. Therefore, we would like to bestow upon you, a gift.” A stone glows with blue light in front of Nohel. “Place your hand upon the marking, and you will garner a piece of my power. A taste of omniscience.”

You touch the symbol, and a sigil imprints itself on your forehead. Suddenly, a thousand realizations come to you at once. Many of your lifelong questions become answered, except one... your questioning of the Cursed Rebirth.
  • @ElMagici “This... being. This isn’t any ordinary demon, that’s for sure. His entire body is glowing... white! White for crying out loud! The moment he realized there was a meeting going on he stopped in his tracks, but... I’ve never heard of anything like him!”
  • "He might as well be a living holy bomb and explode any time, killing us all engulfed on divine light. What we should do about it?" asks X.
  • @Derain2 “Welp. There’s that problem solved. Good work.” It was a bloodbath. Carver and Knifefoot laid waste to the angels, and when the man you were sent to kill came back to life, it was gruesome. Bones were dislodged as he had broken his back, which made Carver’s axe all the more gruesome as it sliced clean through his neck and seemed to break the man in half. You are back at Wosy’s bar, and Chertraum seems like she’s found her way of coping. It’s not a healthy one, but it’s worked so far.

“So, Pathos. How was it playing demon for the day?” It sure wasn’t fun. Three of your kind died because of this. Three angels, a governor, and multiple innocent civilians. All to kill one snitch. But this was your life now. You already went all in, so it’s too late to back out. You are still disguised as a demon, since Knifefoot decided to come with you.

“That was freakin’ awesome!” Knifefoot cuts in. “You should of seen the look on their faces when that bomb went off. Boom! Feathers everywhere! It was like some kind of angel confetti!”

“Shut up! Will you?” Chertraum is sitting in the corner, morbid. While it isn’t your fault they died, it was your fault that this happened in the first place. If you never would of came here to start setting up a heist, none of this would of happened. While you keep reminding yourself that it was all just a small price to pay, Chertraum stands as a reminder of your guilt. That what you’re doing is wrong. You still feel a little guilty, but not as guilty as you should.

“What’s the matter, spoilsport? Did I get any blood on your dress while I was hackin’ away at those pesky little rats? You seem pretty down for someone who went along with all this!”

“It wasn’t my choice!” Chertraum stands up with no concern for her injured foot, and she walks over to Knifefoot. You turn and stand from your seat, and Wosy comes around the counter just in case something bad happens.

“Look, you two. It’s almost three!” Wosy is getting irritated. “Can ya put a cap on it? Knifefoot, I think you need to back off. It doesn’t matter what reason she has. She wants you to shut up? Then shut up. We keep the peace that way.”

Three AM... uh oh. The glamour is about to start wearing off. You remind Wosy of this, and he decides he should intervene.

“Alright, Knifefoot. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you, but last call’s three tonight. These folks are livin’ with me, and they need their shuteye.”

“Well, then you ain’t doin’ your job. Why do they both look so depressed over the thoughts of killing? What are you? An angel?”

“Yes I am, and I won’t stand for this!” Chertraum! Now is definitely not the time for her to be breaking form! Wosy tries to stop her as she pulls out her vial of Purging Solution, but it’s too late. The white liquid flows down her throat as she collapses to the ground, transforming back into her beautiful angelic self.

“Whoa! I freakin’ knew it! A bloody glamour! So, Wosy... what tricks you’ve been playin’?”

“Don’t accuse me of no crap!” Wosy steps up to Knifefoot with a threatening hand. “That’s just a friend of my buddy’s. She’s only here because we wanted to make her a Triskaidian.”

“Well, dealing with angels ain’t what my dear Wosy does.” Knifefoot stands up and begins to crack his bones, starting with his knuckles. “Y’know what? I think you’re tryna cover something up, protectin’ angels. What business you’ve got goin’?”

“A heist, is all. They’re helping me plan it.”

“Heh. Sounds like a load o’ guff! Tell me now, Wosy... did you defect from Khansievth?”

“What does that have to do with anything? Prices are too high for any services he’ll render.”

“I freakin’ knew it! You traitor!”

// To be continued...
  • edited September 2019
    @EnvyReaper // Unless you decide to confront Xataxji or just straight up walk into the manor in front of him, we’ll be waiting for other player’s decisions
  • @Tommia

Oh, I thought I was already inside, then I choose to confront Xataxji
  • While Vryx waits to go back to Duskwood with Verth, he'll look for a shady spot to rest in.
  • edited September 2019
    Verth exits Uvras' hut and approaches Vryx. "Hey, Vryx," Verth said apprehensively. "I don't know if you want to stick around now that you've gotten your humanity back, but I'd really appreciate your help with something. See, I gotta hunt down another lycanthrope in Racrion and I could really use your talent with a bow. Would you be willing to come with me?"
  • @Tommia

Draundr walks inside, seeing as how both are here right now, he might as well confront Xataxji
  • @Derain2

Knifefoot goes to attack Wosy with a bottle, and he dodges it. Grabbing Knifefoot with his extended hand. Wosy slams him through a table. He looks pretty skinny to be going toe-to-toe with a demon like Knifefoot. Knifefoot feigns unconsciousness, but Wosy won’t buy it. He then goes behind the counter and opens up the safe, grabbing a gun.

“I never liked you one bit.” As Wosy prepares to fire, Knifefoot dodges behind another table, knocking it down for cover. Chertraum screams as a gunshot goes over her head and through the table, hitting Knifefoot in the chest. He yelps, then picks up the table, throwing it at Wosy. You are barely able to dodge it as you try to figure out what to do. However, Wosy doesn’t dodge it. Instead, he breaks it in half with his arm. This isn’t the same weak, puny Barkeep Chertraum yoked up two days ago.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t test your luck any further, Knifefoot.”

“What are you going to do? Break another table?”

Wosy pulls out a large coin covered in blood. One side has the face of a demon, the other, nothing. “I’ll have you know I’ve given you a pretty good chance. But if you don’t surrender now, I think this could get a little messy. And I can’t serve patrons when the bar’s covered in blood, can I?”

“Heh... Heheheh... HAHAHAHAHA! A puny little brat like you is gonna threaten me?!” Knifefoot summons what appears to be an axe made of blood. “It’s about time you learn who’s in charge!”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you there, Blade Boy.” With a flick of his thumb, the coin in Wosy’s hand flips into the air, and he catches it with his left hand. He then puts it on the back of his right hand. It’s heads up. “Your luck just ran out.”

The coin dissolves into a trail of blood that travels across Wosy’s body. His skin begins to dissolve as he spontaneously combusts. The whiteness in his horns disappear as he takes the form of a much more powerful demon. His form grows into an intimidating one with a much less friendly face, and a third horn emerges from his head as he laughs at Knifefoot’s mistake. He knows the foolish demon doesn’t stand a chance now...

imageimage

“Now. Let me change my offer. How about you scream nicely while I kill you, and I might let you take eternal servitude over what’s about to happen next.”

You clear out of the way as the bar catches on fire. Chertraum comes with you. Wosy crashes through the bar counter as he rushes Knifefoot, impaling him with a claw made of fire. Knifefoot swings his axe down, but it begins to melt from the sheer heat of Wosy’s fire. It doesn’t do a thing. Knifefoot grabs Wosy’s hands and tries to impale him with a set of mighty kicks, but it’s readily apparent that he’s powerless to stop his approaching demise.

“It sure was nice knowing you, Knifefoot. But don’t worry. I’ll see you face again.” Wosy grabs ahold of Knifefoot’s neck with such force that you hear bones break. Even you look away as he pulls, with bone after bone breaking in succession from the excruciating maneuver. You look, and all that remains of Knifefoot is his body, headless. It dissolves into blood as it flows into Knifefoot’s skull, clenched in Wosy’s hand. He crushes it, and all that is left is another bloody coin, this time with the face of Knifefoot on it...

A few hours later...

Wosy’s Safehouse

“Sorry you had to see me go off. I’m getting tired of this crap.”

Chertraum is still shivering. A lot has transpired over the last day. The bombing of the Govenor’s Tower. The death of the angels. The normally happy-go-lucky Wosy Chertraum learned to like bearing down on Knifefoot with such untamed ferocity...

“Anyways, right now it looks like we’re a-okay for the heist. I don’t need any more surprises, so that’s a good thing. All we need is to make preparations...”

~ Your story will continue in the next chapter of the Saga, beginning tomorrow...
  • Nice, Knifefoot got what he deserved
  • edited September 2019
    @EpicBoss99
    "Sure, is it okay if Arlin comes? She's a lot better than me."
  • @ASubtleGhost @ElMagici

Xataxji decides to accept Mastiffa’s invitation. Leading his henchmen, he slithers into the manor. Seeing as either one of these demons could provide him with the aid he seeks, Draundr loosely follows him in.

“Sire! Could you please state your name and status?” Draundr is stopped by a guard, as he has not been let in yet. He is Draundr, the White Demon. He is a knight to the Coven of Aranis, and seeks nothing more than a bone reader to find out what spell, and, if possible, who, killed his ally Drana.
  • @ASubtleghost @Tommia

Talks to Xataxji: "He is seeking divination services then, I will be a good hostess and give you the priority if you want to take his request and conduct business"
  • edited September 2019
    @ElMagici @ASubtleghost

Draundr waits to see who will see him first
  • Enerew is a mercenary and captian of the Mistborn(both ship and crew are referred to as Mistborn). This is currently his first incarnation, and he plans for it to be his last, at least under the cursed rebirth. He came from the sea, literally carried to land by the waves. He has always been more at home on the sea, and launched his mercantile enterprise at 15. He had a successful carreer until he was 23. He was on the middle of a trade route between Yrntrn and Racrion when, one foggy night, an island literally rose up right in front of them. Nothing was successful to keep them from crashing, as the wind and waves thrust him mercilessly onto the rocks. Enerew managed to survive thanks to his flintlock saber, because for some reason the island didn't disappear with him on it. Despite his best efforts, though, no one else made it. He was able to return to Yrntrn, and refitted a new ship with new crew. These were no merchants now; he was out for blood. Specifically, the blood of whatever caused that island to appear.
    His personality is one of conflict. Quick to temper but slow to fight physically. Loves knowledge but dismisses scholars. Appreciates nature and order, but will gladly seek the improvements of technology. He is charismatic, intelligent, and willful, but also petty and overeager.
    Cards
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wreck-1
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flintlock-saber
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/enrew-mistborn-captain
  • @tommia, sorry it's a bit late
  • @Envyreaper Yeah, I was trying to come up waits to discreetly kill him already. It was nice to see Wosy take the initiative.
  • edited September 2019
    @Tommia

I think we may as well have Mastiffa take Draundr up on the whole bone reader thing as @ASubtleGhost is not responding, unless this is about the time he gets off, then I will just wait until tomorrow or something.
  • Also, I have created different set symbols for different parts of my inventory, currently I have one for, Spells, Items, and Traits, do you think I am missing anything?
  • edited September 2019
    @Bowler218

"I'm absolutely fine with that. She was incredible in that fight against the Bloodwood..." Verth approves. "I do hope she has forgiven me for this mess I dragged you into," Verth's speech slowed as he mentions the incident in Duskwood territory. "...Anyway...shall we get going?"
  • "Yeah, one last thing: I need to ask a favor from you, if, no, when something happens to me, I need you to give my knife to Arlin. Call it tradition."
  • // @tommia , Id like to get started here when you have a chance. Do you need more info on my character?
  • @DrakeGladis I probably won’t be able to start you off tonight (it’s 11 PM where I live, and I just realized I need to be up by 6 tomorrow.), but I will DEFINITELY be getting to this tomorrow!
  • edited September 2019
    @Tommia @Bowler218

This was a rather grim prophecy that Vryx made for himself. Verth didn’t like it. Not at all. After hearing his new ally say this, Verth decided that he needed to keep an eye on him just to make sure he’s safe from whatever enemies he has made for himself. “Of course,” Verth reassured Vryx with care. “Now let’s get some rest,” Verth nodded. “We have a long journey ahead of us. But I’m glad I have someone to take it with.”
  • Ah. ok. was 10 for me. good luck with whatever you needed to get up at 6 for.
This discussion has been closed.