Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited December 2019
    I shall continue elsewhere. I am here to lure out the enemies.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 The Maviol look at you, when suddenly, a bit of water rushes down the stairs. It forms into a leonin, who bows before Jerry.

"Captain. I surveyed the area."
    "What's going on? I don't like this place... and... what happened to you, K'Trinop-"
    "They're preparing for a ceremony sir." The leonin then walk over to you. "Anyways, I think I may of found one of our targets. There's a red haired angel on the rooftop, but... anyone who's tried to go near it has been forced into the ceremony, or, if they're forceful about leaving... killed."

Will you investigate?
  • Planewide Phenomenon

Snow has begun to fall as Stitia begins to experience a great chill from the lack of sunlight, which is causing certain creatures to emerge early. But legend tells of a witch that comes out during the first snowfall of the year, using the power she has collected over several centuries to grant a single wish to whomever finds her. Time is limited, however, for the moment the snowfall ends, the witch will retreat again...
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 As you go up the stairs to investigate, the Maviol motion for you to stay back.

"If you're going through with this, we want to make sure you stay safe." Jerry says as he walks to the front of the group. "Some of us will scout the path ahead."

Jerry makes a set of motions to the group, and about half of them turn into aqueous forms, sliding up the stairs in small streams. Then, Jerry summons a field of mist and obscures the group within it. A few minutes later, after the mist had cleared, Jerry returns and motions, and the rest of the group continues on in aqueous streams.

"Remember what I mentioned earlier about the pool? In coming to our realm, you have obtained our power, and therefore, can use it as well. It will definitely take some time to get used to, but I can assure you it won't take long."

Jerry places his paw on your shoulder. It glows in a gentle blue light, and in a moment, you feel as though your entire body fell away beneath you, as through the very essence of your being was liquefied. Thankfully, all it takes is a moment for you to gather your bearings, since you were a spirit moments ago. It's almost the same...

You peer around the corner. A puddle has formed in a crack in the stone floor, and you know that allies lie within it. In front of you lies a guarded doorway, one massive demon on each side, and it's probably not worth a struggle. Someone is walking up the stairs, and their feet strike the puddle. The puddle shimmers, as though for a moment, the facade within was revealed. A young man, slightly afraid and bearing a strange item in their hands...

"Oh, you poor, foolish..." The demon on the left announces with a deep, booming voice. You look at its twisted form, a humanoid abomination, and it towers over the young man.
    "Fool?" The man replies. The object in his hand is a strange, trident like scepter with 6 gems inserted, together forming a hexagon.
    "What do you mistake this for? A Hexist gathering?"
    "N-no, of course not..."
    "Then what are you doing with that?" The demon is not convinced in the slightest, and the area of his maw is beginning to light with fire.
    The man stares at the demon's eyes and utters a strange incantation.
    "Enter quickly," the Demon says, motioning the man onwards.

"What could that of been about?" You feel a mental connection to Jerry. He has started a telepathic conversation.
    "I don't know, but he might be high authority," one of the others responds. "Everyone else has single-pronged scepters, while his has three prongs. And it's decorated."
    "Do you really think a nervous man that young could be authority? Someone else asks.
    "There's only one way to be sure, but this isn't part of the mission," Jerry comments. "We need to get going. If it's true an... angel is here they probably won't be here for long."

A stream begins to move forward through a crack in the wall. The rest of the water follows beneath the demons' feet, and you go along with them. The demons don't seem to notice a thing as you go through the corridor behind them, following the young man. However, with the immense number of people moving through the cathedral, all it takes is a single moment for the group to lose them.

"Does anyone see him?"
    "Negative."
    "Does anyone have eyes on the rooftop?"
    "Negative."
    "Very well. Keem, you're the one who found that angel. Lead us to the rooftop."

The stream continues through winding passageways, immense rooms and dining halls, and elaborately decorated corridors, allbethem decorated in blood and gore. Incomprehensible writings lie on the walls as you make your way to the rooftop, and once you arrive, you come across a great sight.

"Wha- this cathedral is absolutely enormous!"

The rooftop probably goes on for nearly a mile. Hundreds of thousands of people are gathered here today. A plume a crimson smoke arises from the center of the rooftop. The sky is covered in a black smoke, blocking virtually all light from the Crimson Moon. The only light comes from artificial sources, which is barely enough to illuminate the way. However, that's when you begin to notice a minor problem. The ephemeral forms of the group had a glow that wasn't visible in the light of the torches that lit the church, but in this darkness, it's visible.

"Huh? Whas this?" A goblin reaches down to scoop up some of the liquid, taking away part of the group. He then attempts to drink the liquid.
    "What are the odds..." Jerry sighs as you hear screaming through your mental connection with the group. Suddenly, something seems to push against the goblin's throat, and you watch in horror as a paw begins to push through. No one seems to mind as the goblin is killed from the inside out, a tall leonin emerging from within.
    "Just so you know, you thought goblins stank on the outside-"
    "Quiet and join the rest of the group before someone questions you," Jerry scolds. The leonin plays dead, then turns aqueous to join the group again, the blood running off of his form. However, the antic doesn't go unnoticed...

"Hey! I saw your little disappearing act!" The demon from earlier was apparently changing posts. "Why don't you... make yourself present?"

Your group's cover is blown to the demon. What will you do? If you attack or try to escape, you must make a card, and it will be scored with a target of 12.
  • I'm going to be compiling a list of everyone whose responses I'm waiting for again. Right now the Saga is moving at a snails pace, and I don't want to hold up the people who are active.
  • edited January 2020
    Here's where we stand right now

@MonkeyPirate2002 See the post above
    @Bowler218 Waiting for response to @TAHMURAS's offer http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/168301/#Comment_168301
    @Pepperoni Waiting for response to K'Trinop"s intrusion http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/166261/#Comment_166261
    @EnvyReaper Waiting for response to the group http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/168556/#Comment_168556
    @DrakeGladis Waiting for decision to jump into the water (no cards needed) http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/168369/#Comment_168369
    @EpicBoss99 Waiting for response for the battle against Timothy
    @ASubtleGhost @TezerretofCarmot21 Waiting for response to gift from the werewolf http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/165364/#Comment_165364

PMs: @DrakeGladis @sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Waiting for your assist cards in the PM.
  • @Tommia

Oh sorry I didn't realize, ahem

"That sounds horrible! Why would you ever think it would be okay to say that to him Scarf?"
  • @EnvyReaper @BudGetTheCam "Oh, so it's my fault, of c-"
    "What's going on in here?" You hear a voice from the door to the meeting hall. You turn to see a warrior, dressed in foreign garb, peeking through the doorway.

Artist - SARYTH / Source - DeviantArt

"Intruder!" Two knights gathered at the doorway surround the warrior. She raise her hands, but then uses them to shoo off the knights. They give her an angry look.
    "I'm no intruder. I'm just trying to find my way. Anyways, does anyone need help?"
    "No, thank you. Now mind your own business!" One of the guards grab the back of her neck when she vanishes. "Where did she go?"
    "You should treat guests more politely... sir." The woman reappears behind him. "Now... would you be able to give me directions?"
    "Directions? We could call someone to show you around the city, but we'll have to bind you and-"
    "No binding!" The woman begins to walk back out the door. "With what I just went through, you really expect me to let a man bind me?!"
    "Woah! Okay! Back to square one."
    "So much drama! I'd love to just leave now!" Scarf begins to push away at the ropes on his arms, and they're beginning to cut into his skin and come undone.
    "Senrar! They killed Senrar!"
    "Scarf!" Lilith scorns. "I think you owe everyone here a thorough apology for what you did back in Descour-"
    "Senrar?"
    "My son..."
    "Who killed him?"
    "The rebels! They burned our village!"
    "Oh yeah? How about the guy who tried to kill me? The guy who tried to kill you?"
    "Hold up! Who tried to kill me?"
    "A rebellion? Where?"
    "Did you not pay attention when Rusty tried to chop your head off?"
    "Southern Bearings!"
    "Don't play games. He'd never do that!"
    "Bearings? Where is that?"
    "He even said he was doing his job!"
    "I don't know where it is relative to here..."
    "What?"

"Ladies! Gentlemen!" Kerial stands up. "I would like to inform you that this is a bicker-free zone. Calm down or I'll have all of you gagged!"
    "Were you even listening to our conversation?" Scarf says. The ropes are tearing.
    "Yes. It sounded like you needed to quiet down."
    "Agreed," Lilith seconds.
    "Agreed," the woman says, coming up to the table. "What is it with the children of the city being so rambunctious?"
    "Not you too!"
    "Scarf," Kerial begins. "I normally play the advocate, but this go round your words caused violence among your comrades. Sit down and reflect in silence, before I magically seal your lips shut. Perhaps permanently."
    Scarf sighs and sits down.
    "Your parents would be ashamed," the woman scoffs. "With infighting like this, it's no wonder why the factions can't get along."
    "The factions?" The guards come over. "Rebels... Factions... what in Conse's name is going on?"
    "We tried negotiating with the Genesis Rebels, and instead of providing support, they attacked the Enclave. I hope everyone's alright. I lost consciousness, and I woke up-"
    "I take it you're not from around here."
    "We live at the bottom of South Ruthka, edge of Elysium. I'm Lim Birch. Leader of a peace movement amongst the Earthen Bound."
    "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm afraid."
    "Even as an expert cartographer I don't know where you're-" Lilith pauses. "Lim... what plane are you from?"
    "Plane? I live on Elysium, but the planet below is Tommia."
    "We-well... welcome to Stitia."
  • edited January 2020
    @Tommia
    Wow! I wonder what Earthrealm and New Tommia look like!

"Earthrealm? New Tommia? Madam are you from another plane?"
  • @Tommia Wait what should I do again?
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos in the PM between you, spookoops and DrakeGladis, the current challenge is to make an card with assist to represent the diversion that will be created.
  • @EnvyReaper (Reasonably you shouldn't know about Earthrealm XD)

"S-Stitia... I've never heard of the place. But yes... that would seem to be the case."
    "I've heard rumors about people who could travel between planes, but I've never seen them," Lilith says, amazed. "My name's Lilith, anyways."
    "I don't know how I got here though. I was pinned down and- then I- oh God!" Sudden, Lim grows faint.
    "Calm down, ma'am!" The other guard finally speaks. "It's very apparent you've been through a lot. There's somewhere nearby we can take you to rest, if you'd be willing." As Lim falls to her knees, the guard catches her. "Bernard! Can you get this lady a drink of water?"
    "And us too please?" Scarf interrupts. "It's not like we haven't been asking!"
    "I'll see what I can do," the first guard says, marching off. He doesn't seem happy.

"Ma'am. Calm down."
    Lim is breathing heavily, and tears are running down her face. "I'm a- leader... I can't be- seen like this!"
    Kerial comes over to Lim. "Lie down and rest, dear." Lim tries to calm down, but it isn't working too well. "I can feel it. You've been through hard times."
    "That couldn't- even begin- to describe it." Lim says. Her nose is running, and the guard grabs a handkerchief from out of his pocket to hand to her. "Thank you."
    "I can sense it. Betrayal. Bloodlust. You're the victim of sheer malevolence alone." Kerial closes their eyes as Lim blows her nose, then, after a moment, opens them in shock. "Hm..."
    "What's the matter, Kerial?" Lilith asks.
    "She'll need some time alone. She has..." Kerial stutters. "For a lack of better words, she was nearly the victim of a crime worse than death."
    "Oh..."
    "I'm sorry to- burden you with this. I don't- mean to be a liability."
    "Ma'am... we're here for everyone. Don't think otherwise for even a moment-"

"Siegfried! Could you open the damn door, please?" The first guard is back.
    "Of course, sir!" The guard opens the door, and gasps. "Bernard! What happened?!"

Outside the door, Bernard is holding a bucket of water, but he has a grievous stab wound on his right side. The wound seems singed.

"I got water. Sadly, I also got blood on my uniform-"
    "No, Bernard! You're wounded!"
    "Don't worry about me. Just take the damn water!"
    "Bernard, we need to get you to medical!"
    "I'll get there myself! In the meantime, I need to have a talk with the church..."
    "The church?"
    "I was attacked by a bloody priestess!"
    "A priestess?!"
    "I knew they couldn't be- tmmmmph!" Scarf begins to speak, but Kerial places a paw over his mouth.
    "Sister Helsing accused me of being a heretic!"
    "Please tell me. What did you do to her-"

"There he is!" You hear shouting outside.
    "What's going on out there?!"
    "Siegfried opens the door to find..."

There must be dozens of them. Clerics dressed in black garb swarm the meeting hall, all of them bearing Triscepters.

"We found the demon! Call the angels!" The cleric at the front of the group points her scepter at you, and the rest of them raise their scepters, filling the room with radiant light.
    "We coulda been gone!" Scarf says, Kerial no longer has their paw on his mouth, but apparently, he's also broken free of his restraints. He runs towards the group.
    "Hey! What about me?!" Lilith squirms as the clerics form in. Angels begin to swarm the room, and Lilith is surrounded. "Help!"
    "You just stood around when Rusty tried to kill me! Help yourself!"
    "Stop this madness! They're allies!" Siegfried pleads as he tries to hold back the clerics.
    "Heretic!"

The fighting begins as Lilith and Lim are trampled over. Lim tries to get back up, but a misstep from a cleric causes her to fall down.

"We have more company!" The cleric notices Lim, and prepares to impale her with their scepter.
    "Stop it!"

Lilith tries to come over and help, but her bindings make it difficult. As the scepter drops, Lilith's life flashes before her eyes, but it's not the only thing that flashes before them. In the blink of an eye, the scepter. Schoren, sword in hand, knocks the scepter out of the cleric's hand, but in a moment, they unsheathe a dagger, impaling him in the leg with it.

"Big mistake."

In a moment, Shoren removes the dagger from the shallow wound, and it's reveal to have not drawn any blood. The dagger quickly makes its way into the cleric's neck, and they die to their wounds. Schoren then flips the sword towards the ropes binding Lilith, and in a snap, the sword cuts through the rope. Lilith scrambles to her feet and unsheathes her blades.

"I thought we were in safe hands here." Lilith says as she evaluates her predicament.

Suddenly, one of the angels turns towards her. For a moment, her hair flies back, revealing a family crest on her neck. "Foxwald..."

The fighting suddenly stops, and everyone seems to turn towards Lilith, as though they knew exactly who the angel was talking about.

"Weapons down!" The angel exclaims to the group. She flies towards Lilith, and looks at her. "Heir to the Foxwald family... what do you have to say? I will spare you if you can give me a good reason to."
    "I'll say one thing..." Lilith looks down at the cut upon her hand, then closes her eyes. "My family has never been one to deal with angels." The whole room seems to collectively lose their breath as Lilith's blades find the angel's neck, and she lets them close, like a pair of scissors cutting the angel's string of life...

"Li-Lilith?!" Lim screams. "How could you?!"
    "Welcome to Stitia, Lim..... get used to it." Lilith seems disgruntled, and the pent up frustration of the days past is now being directed towards the angels and the clerics.

Lim lies on her hand and knees, eyes closed. The fighting begins again, but this time, it seems like everyone is either after you or Lilith.

"Kill the heretics!"
    "The rumors were true! They sold their souls!"
    "Go Lilith!" You see Scarf, running across the room with his hands on fire, killing clerics with his bare hands.
    "Not like you were going to help!"
    "I can't believe I'd ever have to do this!" Bernard laments as his blade strikes a cleric in the back of the head. "Conse! What has become of these misguided souls?"
    "Conse is the reason we are here! We've come for the demon!"
    "Hm... settle yourselves." Kerial stands up, but they don't seem intent on fighting. "I have better things to do." Suddenly, Kerial disappears in a spiral of crimson smoke, leaving without a trace.
    "It would be nice if Rusty got a move on!" Scarf says as he searches frantically.
    "You won't find him in here! He's been confined!" Siegfried says, trying to shield Bernard.

You see her out of the corner of your eye as you try to avoid getting hurt. Lim is beginning to glow. You can feel it. Her life essence is starting to swell.

"Oh, world below me... call forth your rage and protect us- AH!"

Lim falls facefirst. The glow is beginning to turn dark.

"This- this world... the world hungers for death!"
    Lilith rushes over. "Lim! Are you okay-"
    "Back away from me!"
    "I was ju-"
    "Back away!"

[To be continued shortly...]
  • @Tommia
    Fine. I'll jump. Since we are nominally against the (is it still) six, and he's left them and is attempting to rebel... Besides, what does he have against us to want to kill us, (and there are easier ways)
  • edited January 2020
    @EnvyReaper Lilith nervously obliges. Lim is barely able to get back on her knees. She looks down at the ground, then at the angels, determination in her eyes.

The glow begins to turn back to normal, a greenish hue, as she continues what appears to be a ritual. Minutes pass as you and Schoren do what you can to protect the others. Despite the vast number of people using magic, there is no power to draw on except for Lim's, or the meager essence of the souls of others.

"Stitia... I see we've both suffered. And you say it's by the hands of these... angels? These... clerics and their..." Lim begins to tear up again. "Dear God! Why do I have to do this?"
    "This isn't your world." Lilith says to Lim. "Nothing is pure and hallowed here."
    "Everyone's evil!" Scarf snarls. "Just look at these people! This isn't religion!"
    "Amen to that!" You turn around, and Rusty has arrived, axe in hand, with four guards escorting him as fast as they can.
    "Rusty?!"
    "We'll talk in a few! Right now we's got a fight to fight!"
    "Do what you can to protect me!" Lim shouts out.
    "No problem!" Lilith responds.

Make a card to represent your actions against the herd of angels and clerics. Your card's effectiveness will solely be based on score, with a target of 10. For every point above 10, you will deal 1 point of "damage" to the mob (regardless of if the action is harmful of not. This "damage" just represents progress towards neutralizing the mob). The mob has 10 HP.
  • // @DrakeGladis Noel left the Pantheon, so it's just 5 gods atm.

I'll be with you when I get the chance. I need to take care of a few things real quick.
  • edited January 2020
    @Tommia

The next line you are going to say is "You also have the option of jumping out the window."

no?
  • Ping. Not trying to pester tho. Leaving for work in about an hour.
  • "Fine, but if I see your face again, leonine, you'll be six feet underground when I'm done."

-------
    Sorry for the long wait, had to get over the fact that Arlin almost died.
  • Alright everyone! Even though my brain is dead today, I set today aside for the Saga. Prepare for things to possibly go wrong.
  • // @EnvyReaper There are no windows to jump out of sadly. Unless you consider the skylight a window and can jump really, really high XD
  • @DrakeGladis "Woah! You're just gonna let a voice in your head tell you what to do?!" Sophia is livid.
    This voice is that of Nohel. He gave you a gift of knowledge. He helped you escape Cleyeft's mind trap. And he did it to make sure you could help him. You have the ship land in the water, and one by one, order the crew to jump...
  • edited January 2020
    @Bowler218 @TAHMURAS Vryx couldn't stand it. He had come here to save Timmy, but instead of saving the life of his ally, he endangered the life of another. The meager wounds inflicted on Tahmuras could never compare to the damage done to Arlin. Every part of him hated them. The bitterness against the Bloodwood began to rise back to the surface, the same hatred he fostered on the day Arlin died. As much as he wanted to embrace the moment, to take out his rage...

...He couldn't lose her again, even if it meant having to leave Timmy to his fate.
  • @Bowler218 With your threat in place, you quickly fly away with Arlin in your arms. You can feel it, her life force dwindling. The fire of life in her eyes beginning to turn to embers. You don't know who in the world can heal a spirit, but you have to find them. First, however, you'll have to deliver the grim news...

@EpicBoss99 Timothy can't contain his bloodlust any longer. Saliva has begun to form a small pool at his feet, and keeps dripping at a steady, almost profuse pace. You can see the madness in his eyes...

Blood begins to seep from Timothy's pores. "My experience with demons has never been that useful. I'd like to thank you for changing that..." The blood turns into an aura that surrounds Timothy, then ignites. The hyenas are surrounded in the same aura, rambunctious and ready to fight. "Now... if you truly are chosen to wield that stupid sword, show me, you coward! SHOW ME!"
    "On my honor, I'll show you! Have at thee!"

An echoing howl fills the air as Timothy lashes at Nsatar, putting a dent in his armor. He grabs Nsatar, and the armor begins to melt as Timothy's aura emits an unbearable heat.

"Unhand me you filthy animal!" Nsatar tries to back up, but to no avail. His strikes have a similar effect.
    "We're all animals, wouldn't you agree, equine?"
    "I am a man, not a horse!"
    "Then you're not fit to face me!"

Timothy pulls away at the armor on Nsatar, and in a moment, his chest plate is torn off, revealing mesh mail beneath. In this moment, Nsatar takes an opportunity to strike Timothy with his sword, leaving a small, mediocre cut.

"Such a wasted chance..." Timothy shakes his head. Nsatar is once again awestruck. This same blade, which brought down wurms and countless undead, had barely left a scratch. "Let me show you how to leverage a moment of opportunity!"

Timothy makes a hissing sound as he grabs Nsatar with full force. He summons chains, restraining them both to keep Nsatar from escaping or pushing TImothy away. What follows is a bite that pierces through the mail on Nsatar's shoulder, like a vice being pressed on by a giant. A loud crack fills the air as the bite crushes bones and tears tissue to shreds. The other hyenas join, take nips at exposed sections of Nsatar's equine body. After a moment of feasting, Timothy lets out a strange set of howls, imbued with eldritch magic, and he is suddenly joined in the distance by a chorus.

Nsatar is desperate to escape. He can hear it in the distance, dozens of hyenas gathering, making their way towards the city. One of Timothy's hyenas manages to chip a bone in Nsatar's back right leg, but a good stomp manages to kill them, causing them to burst into flames and explode. The explosion disrupts Timothy's focus, and the chains break away, allowing Nsatar to escape.

Vryx lands on the rooftop of the church.

The guards notice Vryx flying in and ready themselves. "Gah! The werebird's back-"
    "Calm down! They're allies- Zythl help us! They've got wounded! Cheryl, get the medical team!"

A female guard rushes off the roof as Vryx lands. He rushes downstairs, placing Arlin upon the slab that he once laid on, on that fateful night he was given this form...

"Vryx... I see your search went... less than well." Nohel walks over to the slab.
    "I'm sorry, Vryx," Arlin apologizes. "This... this is my fault."
    "No it's not." Nohel comes over and places a hand on her shoulder, calming her down with his mind-altering essence. "I can sense it. You were outmatched and outnumbered. There wasn't much you could do."
    "Th-thank you."
    "You needn't thank me. Now, as for the fight against Timothy, not much progress has been made on either end. However, Nsatar is wounded."

@Bowler218 will you support Nsatar or leave to do something else?
  • I'll support Nsatar.
  • @Bowler218 Make a card either depicting how you will support Nsatar, or what actions you want Nsatar to take. The minimum score is 10 points, and you'll have to get at least 13 to deal any damage, though you will have a random chance of getting up to two extra points. Nsatar's color identity is WUBRG for any cards depicting actions you want him to take. His current HP is 8. Timothy currently has 10 HP + 2 Temporary HP.
This discussion has been closed.