Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    WHOOPS
  • @TAHMURAS "Arlin!" Thim cries out weakly as the werebird flies away. "You bastards! You'll pay for this!"
    "And how has that worked out?" The general snarls. "A demigod destroyed our land, and we have persisted. The very god we worshipped has turned against us, and we have persisted. The world hunts us... and we will persist. As long as a single drop of our blood remains, we... will.. persist."
    "Wha-why do I even care anymore? The visions... The world... dammit all! Just kill me already!"
    "It is more useful if we... use your blood for other purposes."
    "We have no home," one of the elves interjects. "Where are we taking him?"
    "There is one hope for our future... The Vow of Tinshasi..."

Tinshasi, the first true vampire... she had struck a bargain with a being known only as "The Queen", and in the exchange, received true immortality.

"But- wait... Tinshasi killed-"
    "Tikan, the first High Bloodelf? Correct. But there are sacrifices that must be made..."

Suddenly, a vision flashes before your eyes. A dark ritual of death and decay. All of your allies lie dead before you, but... as do all of your enemies. A voice calls out to you as you see a new tomorrow... "The Bloodwood... must die..."

What will you do next? Will you agree to the ritual?
  • (so I am no longer working in here?
  • Ok. Better start on that assist thing. Hold it for research! Should I make one for Enerew's participation?
  • @DrakeGladis Up to you. I assume Enerew will probably fit into the group somehow. How is up to you.
  • Can I write it up?
  • edited January 2020
    @Tommia A voice, eh? What kind? As for the ritual, I'll think aboutit. Domy allies really need to die?
  • // @TAHMURAS I really should of expected you to ask that question...

The voice is female, and it is bodiless and wretched in nature. Something about it sends a chill down your spine.

"Tahmuras... listen to me..." You hear the voice again. "This is your chance. The world really is in danger. What you do is up to you, but I foresee no favorable future between you and the Bloodwood."
  • I take it people have lost interest in this XD
  • @Tommia

Nope! Just working on finishing up what is on my plate!

You know... the usual creating a DnD book based on my plane, trying to create the cards for my plane as well, creating the spreadsheets, helping Hero on Colonizers, etc...

I will try to post today
  • @EnvyReaper If you're busy, you don't have to feel rushed XD

I especially know the feeling of trying to focus on several fictional worlds at once. Actually working on a D&D character right now XD
  • Resolution — Ishka

Ishka's heart was beating. She didn't like authority, but even then she would never refuse to obey orders... at least, normally she wouldn't. But there lie the angel, bleeding from the mouth. The burning of the pain stick had been enough to turn the angel's veins black, visible through her skin. Ishka was in favor of punishing the wicked, but this? She felt that this was far too much. Not only was the angel tortured, but the next step... was death...

"Ishka!" Altreya's eyes widened. She could feel Ishka's doubt. The Triscepter in Ishka's hand began to waver as its weight started to become unbearable. "Snap out of it. You're a grown angel, A servant of the gods. You are to do as I say or face the consequences."

Ishka remained silent. Perhaps... this was how it was meant to go. She had heard the stories of Pathos, who was cast down for an act of kindness. Of Rafael, who abandoned his duty for his freedom. She saw the visions of the end, a world where the gods would go against mortals. And she heard the tales of Arne, his violence ever increasing. He destroyed an entire region in an act of retribution, and he committed acts of violence against fellow angels. And yet, he was gaining ever greater favor, having gift upon gift bestowed upon him. Perhaps, just perhaps, the gods of the realm weren't with the people after all...

"GAH!" Ishka fell as the Triscepter's weight became too much for any living being to bear. As she struck the concrete, facefirst, the Triscepter began to rise.
    "Hmph. I knew it." Altreya began to undo the tortured angel's restraints. "You're heart is too weak to serve the gods... but they can help you."

The Trispecter's point turned towards Ishka, and it began to glow in a wretched aura.

"Ishka... as you are, you are unfit for me." Ishka could hear it. Conse's voice was echoing in her head. "I gave you this Triscepter as a test. To prove your devotion. As long as you stayed loyal to our best interests, it granted you the strength to carry on. But apparently, your devotion is flimsy, wavering when it's needed the most. I will give you one last chance. As the Decider, the highest god of the pantheon, I demand that you take up the Triscepter against this wretched rebel. Take it, and kill her."
    "..." Ishka's lips moved, but no words left them.
    "What did you say?" Altreya turned. Even though it was just her, it felt like every eye that could see was gazing at Ishka at once.
    "...no."
    "What?"
    "No!" Ishka began to rise, and in a moment, the Triscepter reared back, and lightning struck.
    "Weakling!" Conse's voice boomed in Ishka's head, rattling the walls of her thoughts. "Just as I expected. Your life could of been so much better. Free will, and power beyond your wildest dreams could have been yours. But now, you will die a puny heretic, and be reborn a measly slave."

The Triscepter rattled. Altreya looks at Ishka one last time, then carries the other angel out of the interrogation room.

"You're nothing, Ishka! Nothing!" Altrya yelled as she left. "No words can ever describe the disgrace you've brought upon your temple! Your allies! The entirety of the Beyond! I hope you rot!"

Ishka could feel it as she began to lose her power. She was drained of her strength, at a loss... but... that sigil...

The sigil glowed brighter than ever before. Unlike the others, who lost their sigils in their dissension, Ishka's remained. The sigil of Nohel, the God of the Cryptic.

"Nohel... that traitor! Protecting a dissenter?!" Conse is enraged, then suddenly, the Triscepter shoots towards Ishka, but in one swift movement, she catches it. Time seems to stop around her, as though, for a moment, she's in complete control. The power Conse took from her begins to be restored, and she radiates with mesmerizing energy.

She felt as though she was being guided as she planted the scepter into the ground, but in a moment, it surged with malevolent energy, then exploded, but she feels it again. In a mere moment and a wave of her hand, the scepter scatters to the wind, its magic nullified completely.

"H-how... Nohel! I will not stand for this betrayal!"
    "I won't stand for you to bully the innocent and exploit the populace!" Nohel's voice responded. Suddenly, the earth began to shake. "You don't have much time, Ishka. There's something I need to tell you, a wretched truth. No matter the cost, the world needs to know. With my power, I will grant you this knowledge...and the power to spread it. Escape this dream turned nightmare, Ishka, and step with me into reality..."
  • edited January 2020
    To see Ishka's vision, you must look back into the past.
    Rest you eyes upon it
    And the link to her vision will be yours.
  • @Tommia I really don't think I should go trusting random voices. These are my allies. My people. Even if something is going to go wrong, I don't thingk I should go taklking the word of some creepy voice. I have no objections to this ritual, but I'll stay wary just in case.
  • edited January 2020
    @spookoops @DrakeGladis @sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

If you have not already read the newest message in our PM, please read that first.

The ocean surges. A wave rises, immense as a building. It rushes towards the south end of Racrion, towering over the land. A boat is unfortunate to get capsized as it prepares to crash onto the beach.

"Conse almighty! A tsunami!" A group on the beach prays as they are swallowed by the rushing waters, which, as they impact the land, begin to fall. Thankfully, the wave struck the mostly unpopulated south side of Racrion, which had been somewhat shaken by the explosion that destroyed Yrntrn. In the wake of the wave, tens of thousands of people gather. Leonin. Wolfkin. Angels. Demons and devils. And four gods; Theirin, Otaimo, Vel, and Fetr. Pirenin stayed behind to ensure the safety of Myria in the case of a breach, but every other significant being on Myria had been washed ashore. Snow falls on the group as they gather their bearings.

"Bloody lovely." Wosy complains. Now a fire dragon, the snow gives him a very uncomfortable sensation.
    "I didn't- expect it to be this cold!" Onaeca shivers. Her demon form is much more vulnerable to the cold.
    "I would love to have my fur back right about now," Sanova mumbles. He then clears his throat. "Anyways, our time has come. Yesterday, we faced the supernatural. Today, we'll be trespassing into the realm of the gods. We must be ready to fight at any moment, but we mustn't forget that this is an espionage mission. We are disguised as angels for a reason."
    "Again, your mission is to survey the Beyond and set up summoning pools within," Pathos reminds them. "If you find anything valuable, remember its location. If you find a vulnerability in security, remember it. We need all the info we can get."
    "Are we ready?" Theirin asks. You can see he is excited for this mission. Wosy, on the other hand...
    "I've never been more ready for anything!" Wosy roars. His veins ignite like fire, and he lets out a scorching breath that nearly burns Pathos's wings.
    "Could you please try not to get anyone killed?" Pathos scorns.
    "Relax. I'm waiting 'til I get to the Beyond before I serve up any angel wings."
    "Don't get carried away," Otaimo warns. "The distraction will serve well, but we don't want to draw too much attention... nor do we want you dying."
    "Yes, because I haven't been knees-deep in s*** before. I was a hardcore criminal in my past. Our last score was stealing silver and platinum from the Hitcherald supply. I'm sure it can't get much more dangerous than that, and I wasn't a dragon back then!"
    "I think you're getting too confident. These gods have servants capable of killing other gods. If you aren't careful, you could face a thorough smit-"

"Ahem!" Theirin interrupts impatiently. "I'm preparing the spell!"

Pathos hands out protective rings to the team to shield them from Wosy's fire. Then, one at a time, they climb onto Wosy's back, holding on by the cracks above his molten veins. It burns, but the rings keep them from being harmed by the demon fire. A chain is wrapped around him, and everyone keeps a thorough hold on it. Meanwhile, Rafael prepares a spell of his own, and aims it toward the Beyond.

"Any last objections?" Pathos requests. Everyone shakes their heads.
    Theirin smiles. "Alright, Wosy! You think you can handle this-"
    "Of course!" Wosy cheers.
    "Remember, hard and fast. You need to make it into the Beyond as quickly as possible before the opening shuts. Fly like this world depends on it-"
    "Because it does," Otaimo reminds them.
    "Hope you guys are tucked in, because I ain't coming back to pick up any stragglers!" Wosy announces.
    "Everyone else, channel your power into Rafael!"

As Wosy beats his wings, he takes off with a scorching burst of wind, setting the ground underneath him alight. The thousands of people below look on, granting Rafael what mana they have, from the Archmage of Beria to the youngest cub among the Maviol. The sky is a sight to behold, a trail of smoke and flames accented by ribbons of twirling blue light. The wind whips past you, when suddenly, it begins to come from behind, a great tunneling vortex that propels you at speeds unimaginable.

In a moment, the sky breaks above you. Wosy tries to scream with excitement, but nothing comes out. As you approach the light, Pathos gives a signal, and with one final wave of his hand, Rafael casts his spell. Wosy climbs through the clouds, beating his wings as hard as he can. As they rise and rise and rise, the light begins to somewhat break, as Wosy realizes he's heading straight towards a building.

With immense force, Wosy strikes a golden building with enough force to knock the bricks loose and plow through. The force snaps the chain, and the impact causes everyone to fly off and strike the upper segment of the wall. Rafael loses focus on his spell, but through willpower alone regains it. Time stops as bricks stay suspended in the air. Wosy shakes his head as he makes his way back out of the building.

"You okay, Wosy?!" Pathos asks, rushing over.
    "Do you think I haven't taken a knock on the noggin before?" Wosy jokes as he shakes his head.
    "You just crashed headfirst into a wall! I'm surprised you aren't dead!"
    "Heheh... of course you'd be, but here's a lesson some people learn the hard way. You can't kill me."
    "Sure. Anyways, it's time to do a little investigative work. Wosy. You keep 'em distracted!"
    "Can't I just steal some of the bloody gold chunks off this building?"
    "Sure. Just make sure you don't get yourself killed! This is only a prerequisite. The heist will come soon enough."
    "Don't forget about the battle against the gods," Sanova reminds them.
    "Right. Don't think I'm not gonna find where that foolish Conse is-"
    "So... you actually did it... Pathos." A deep booming voice echoes across the Beyond. Rafael and Pathos know it all too well. "I heard rumors that you planned to steal from the Beyond."
    "What?! I thought time was frozen-"
    "You underestimate me, pathetic fool. My true power can bend wills and shape worlds, something you will learn the hard way. You cannot stop time in a way I cannot perceive. You cannot wear a disguise I cannot see through."
    "It's Conse! He's onto us!"
    "Do what you wish while you are still alive. I actually have more important matters to attend to than dealing with a swarm of flies. After all, it may be the last thing you do, and it would be cruel for me to deprive you of a thought of hope. Anyways... I must leave you now. It is time for me to walk the world once again."

The prophecy flashes before you again. It can't already be happening, can it? The coming of the gods? Hopefully K'Trinop and co. can stop them in time...

Time is still stopped, and therefore, no one else will notice you. Although Conse knows about your trespass, the mission has not been compromised. Will you focus on surveying the area, finding pools of water, or will you do something different?
  • Berians are totally going to go and explore for water pools & for the scouts, mapping the terrain. Mistborn are a bit more focused on finding direct information. Some of the more chaotic are also looting. Like, whatever is valuable and not nailed down. Who knows what might be useful?
  • @Tommia (Just explaining about the time spell. Actually, what Rafael did was creating a fast-time zone around him and his allies, imagine the Flash from Justice League who can perceive everything else to be very slow or almost stopped entirely, that's basically what the fallen angel's spell did.

But hey, still you can't fool a godlike being who can see the future and many things else eh? Haha... how sad though.)
  • edited January 2020
    // @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Well, I always hear the phrase "Is time slowing down or are we actually speeding up?" Same difference :3

Update: Well technically in order to slow time you must be traveling faster XD
  • // @DrakeGladis The Berians will act somewhat autonomously. Assuming you are disguised, this will be following Enerew and the major members of the Mistborn. Also, so you know, not everyone on the Mistborn could come due to the amount of people Wost could carry; only major crew members have come in with you. The same is true for major members of the Berian Army.

"I never thought I would be here again," Ferian says somewhat scornfully. His glamour only alters him slightly, but it's enough to matter. "But trust me. I don't miss it."
    "Make sure to keep an eye on your temper here, Ferian," Sophia warns. "We can't afford to get caught."
    "That so-called 'god' and his blasted servants can just die for all I care. I know the truth."
    "The truth about what?" Jacob asks.
    "Conse is a pretender. A liar. In fact, all of these people are! Stitia doesn't have any true gods. At one time, it was only Khantsievth and the world. The first gods were born from five powerful warriors that rose against him in the first holy war, one wielding each color of mana against him. When they channeled into the leylines to seal him away, they all grew immensely in power. People perceived them as godly entities, on par with planeswalkers, if not more powerful, and they transcended to become the Five."
    "I don't know muchabout the gods, but I thought there's Six," Dekin responds. Out of everyone, his glamour somehow managed to preserve his grisly appearance, although he still appears as an angel.
    "There is Six, but at first, there was only Five..... then the interloper showed up."
    "Conse..." Sophia uttered.
    "Not Conse... Ramesos. A god from another world. History got everything wrong; Ramesos was never the Decider. There never even was a Decider, but at that time, mortals didn't know much about the affairs of gods."

Slowly, the group's flow in time was beginning to return to normal.

"Alright everyone, no more chitchat," Hemi reminds the group. "Let's go to work."

You are attempting to find your way through the Beyond. In the distance, you hear chaos. Wosy is making his way through the Beyond, scorching everything in his path. Pools of molten silver, gold, and glass lie on the bed of clouds and streets of gold and marble as he melts buildings, topples monuments, and strikes fear into the angels below.

"The skyveil's been breached!" Screams a guard. "Sound the alarms! Sound the alarms!"
    "What is that thing?!" A young angel tries to fly away but can't, and is caught in Wosy's maw.
    "A dragon!" A soldier draws his lance. "I thought only the gods could create dragons!"
    "We need to find some water! The Grand Cathedral is on fire!"
    "What are we going to carry it in?"
    "I don't know!"
    "Damn Nohel! He could easily put this fire out-"
    "Citizens of Glansia! Remain calm!" An archangel dressed in golden armor yells to the crowd gathering around you. "The sky soldiers will be deployed shortly to purge this threat!"

You make your way into the city. Suddenly, you hear alarms sounding from every corner of the Beyond.

"We've received word that the skyveil has been breached." Faer, the Goddess of War, is speaking, her voice audible across the plane. "We see no need to interfere directly. Armed soldiers are being sent to strike the intruder down. Everyone is advised to find remain indoors."

Suddenly, you feel a tug on your shoulder. You turn, and it's the gold armored archangel from earlier.

"Come on, soldier! You look fairly well equipped. We need all the help we can get to face this monster!"

Will you oblige?
  • (was that directed at Enerew?
  • (can you send me a pic of what you think he looks like? I didn't actually think about their disguises. Making one would have probably made me take a lot longer to be sure, but...
  • @DrakeGladis Couldn't find what I was looking for, but here's what I've got.

• I cannot find anything.
  • I'll go with him. Don't really want to draw attention to the fact that there may be others. I also have a plan.
  • @TAHMURAS The elves drag the vampire through the surrounding forest, headed towards Padetra.

"We have some family in Padetra that will gladly help us with the ritual," The general says. "A death most fitting for you. In life, you bled others dry to sustain yourself. In the end, you will be bled dry to sustain our clan."

"Kill them, Tahmuras! This is your last chance!" Who could that possibly be? "Kill them, please!"

"Damn- you... damn you- all..." The vampire is on the brink of death, and the only thing keeping him alive at this point is his wounds being singed shut to keep him from losing blood. "I should of- known- this was- going to happen. I was destined- to die a- victim. The true bloodline... always was..."

"I'm sure your blood will come in quite handy," the General says snidely. "Pick up the pace! We're almost there-"

GrAAAOOOOOOO!

"I didn't expect to make it this far without some trouble. Everyone! Weapons ready!"
    "That doesn't sound right..."
    "What was that?"

Silence... for minutes, your allies slowly look around the woods.

"KILL THEM! KILL THEM! KILL THEM!" The vampire screams. "I DON'T CARE IF I DIE! KILL THE- mmmmmmph!"
    "Shh..." One of the elves covers the vampire's mouth with their scarf.

Hhhhths!

"AHHHH!"

One of the elves scream, and they're gone.

"You ttthhhere!" You hear a voice, filled with hatred, in a familiar accent. "Bloodwood scum!"

Another scream. You try to find whose voice it is, but to no avail as you frantically realize that most of your group has been taken away.

"You shouldn't be alive, but I suppossse if that'sss the cassse..."

imageimage

You can tell by a symbol on the beast's arm that they're Dawnwood, but... they're Werecats.

"You seeeeem to be the apparent leader of thisss group," the Werecat says to you. "I give you once chance. Surrender, or all of you die!"

Gistix had long slept, unharmed. But now he awoke, with a vengeance, and a Zombie army.

“Bring me the angel! I want her dead.”

Followed by,

“Meow...”
This discussion has been closed.