COLONISERS: Season 4!!! (Colonisers of Turmoil)

Comments

• @Xioni Just make a faction and some cards to fit the requirements up at the top, then post them here and you're good to go.
  • Cool @MemoryHead ill post by friday(hopefully)
  • @Xioni Alright! If Hero doesn't check out your submission I certainly will!
  • @Xioni, you just create the requested cards and post them here.
  • Does anyone know where the Saga template is in the Advanced MSE?
  • @AxNoodle I don't know as I don't use MSE
  • edited August 2019
    So far, I have tried using the power of the MSE, PowerPoint and cheese to make... this. (https://i.imgur.com/G7WP1oH.png)
    It doesn't look so good, so I am not entering it yet.
    (so please, does anyone know how to find it in the mse?)
  • @AxNoodle Can you give me the link? I can't see it
  • @EnvyReaper I edited the comment with it in.
  • THE CHILDREN OF RUIN
    Sort of, slightly, very vaguely based (only kind of) on the works of H.P. Lovecraft, my faction is a wandering cult with members from all kinds of planes, whose leader, Hastyr, has discovered a way to enter other planes, but only for a short amount of time. This process leads them to congregate to other planes and draw other out to them, recruiting them to their ever-growing host of mindless thralls. The more time they spend with the Children, the more vile corrupted they become. Now, I'm not stealing storylines from Lovecraft--only aesthetic and maaaaybe character names.

THEIR LEADER, THE YELLOW PROPHET
    Inspired by seminal Lovecraft character Hastur, the King in Yellow, Hastyr is a semipresent, ethereal monstrosity of sorts, appearing as a tale-telling, soft-speaking seer dressed in flowing yellow robes. His origin is unknown, but he acts as a cult leader, telling tales of an even greater force known only as "the Old One." Upon discovering the opportinity to spread their Ruin to an entire plane, he has tranformed into something else entirely: a demonic manifestation of evil so defiled his influence has begun to warp his followers even further.
    imageimage

THEIR ARMY, THE TWISTED HORDES
    The Children of Ruin's armies are composed of their converts: things that were once human, but have been morphed and twisted beyond any kind of recognition. The eldest of these converts are no longer bipedal, or even comprehensible. Like Hastyr, they have not been so much corrupted as changed, absolutely and utterly, into something that could never have been human. Everything about their past selves are gone. Of course, some newer cultists still retain their human forms, but the Children have been travelling for so long that they form a great minority, most being a halfway, twisted version.

THEIR MAGIC, VILE SACRIFICES
    Hastyr and his earliest converts have innate magic, but their most deadly power occurs when pacts and offerings are made to the Old One, the ancient god Hastyr calls their father. Anything is sacrificed: children, animals, tokens that meant so much in their previous lives, even converts themselves, who are always willing to serve a greater cause. Their magic warps and destroys their enemies in a similar way to what they have done to themselves, only much quicker and far more painful.

THEIR SHIP, A REPURPOSED VESSEL
    While on a sea-based plane, the Children of Ruin captured and converted the crew of a massive submarine called the Nautilus. It remained stashed away in the endless catacombs of their church-like travelling citadel. Now, to carry their enormous numbers, they have strung to it tentacle-like appendages that lead to hollow growths in which hundreds of their kin reside, a fleshy mimicry of a usual home.

THEIR HISTORY, A SPREADING SIBILANCE
    While most of the Children of Ruin's history is lost to the ages, the same thing happens every time they bring new Children to their cause: First, a nearly silent whisper, barely there, spreading thoughts into your subconscious. A cult forms on the chosen plane. Then they retaliate. The cult storms the nearby area, taking converts and killing resistors. Finally, Hastyr appears, his form misty, stretching out from the Blind Eternities to give them his hand. Time and time again they take it, becoming abberant horrors over time.

THEIR HOME, A DRIFTING CHAPEL
    Revelakh is an island drifting in the Blind Eternities, a piece of what could only be Hastyr's home plane, a collection of pillars pointing into the depths above a flesh-formed, sinewy expanse of catacombs and tunnels, an incomprehensibly huge iceberg formed of inhuman remains. At the top is Hastyr, preaching to his new converts, and the deeper you go the more awful and mind-breaking its residents and surroundings become. No matter how depraved, however, every single member of the Children of Ruin works the isle for mana, communing with the eldritch magics within to propel it through the Blind Eterntites, under Hastyr's guidance, for what can end up being years, even decades, until the next plane.
  • And, of course, the me.
  • This storyline assumes the inherent failure to stop the desolation spreading across Lakas. If we don't fail, well...*shrugs* Call it schrodingers cat.
  • Originally, the werewolves and the elves were at war but a truce was called, by the elven queen, Rhysmerea. She wished to talk to Chaemar, the current alpha, about a way to settle what land belonged to whom. She proposed that both races share the disputed tract of land as separate but equal citizens. The prospect of further war was sickening, as both had lost so many over the generations of the war, and so it was agreed.
    Two thrones were erected in the center of a clearing, with fourteen stones surrounding them. Each stone was for a council member, to advise their monarch.
    However, this peace was short lasting. Barely a decade after the peace was established, the Desolation started to move inward. People unseated from lands that had long been their home fled inward, towards the shared lands of these two noble races. The refugees were welcomed by them, but eventually, too many were trying to come in. War broke out, of the bloodiest and most brutal sort, as there would be no mercy to the losers; no survivors but the victors fighting over the scraps of the corpses. Such a future was unbearable to contemplate, so Hegwin, the healer and head caster for the country, worked night and day to create a spell that would allow transport between worlds. Anything to escape the horrible fate that doubtless awaited them all. Eventually, he succeeded in crafting it.
    His portal worked long enough that a good amount of people got out. They had appeared on the shore of the bottom left mini island. In the first few days, the island was explored. Even for the remenants of the once great dual kingdom, it was too small. So they crafted ships, known only in legends before that, and set sail for the land to the north, hoping that it would be unclaimed area, safe for a new home.
  • edited August 2019
    Our leaders, an astral and a star, in love. (Star crossed lovers, but not really.)

A typical warrior.

A mage.

Our ship for learning to be stars.

BONUSES

Lore:

Astrals are stars who haven’t “ascended”, or risen to the sky. Many astrals decide to not become stars and try to live as humans, but our astrals watch the great stars and fly among them in starships.
  • Count me in! Need to find art and get cards, but I really want to join this.
  • Some WONDERFUL entries so far! I can tell this season will be a lot of fun
  • I shall join
  • @MTG_Sappy great! Complete the requirements shown on the first page and me an Hero will review it!
  • edited August 2019
    If you would like some music to get you into the mood of the world, play these two at the same time:

• edited August 2019
    Gnash seeks to conquer the Turmoil through death, and that she will do. (Updated cards for this challenge are coming.)

I'm excited to actually use her evil self B)

Question though: would a non-Vehicle method of transport be acceptable for them to traverse the seas? Gnash likes the idea of enslaving a whale.
  • @SammySammyson I see no problem with that, how about you @HeroKP?
  • @HeroKP
    That soundtrack combo is amazing!
  • Should I do a Naya army or Bant peace lovers
  • Naya Conquerors
  • I cant play both. :-<(
  • @SammySammyson

Sure, knock yourself out. We never did say it had to be an artifact...
  • edited August 2019
    *dramatic pause*
  • edited August 2019
    ADDITIONAL RULE I FORGOT TO STATE:

You are only allowed to use Planeswalkers, Schemes, Conspiracies or types you invented when I specifically disclose you can. This used to also extend to Sagas, but I will not restrict them this season forward.
This discussion has been closed.