when does this start?
    When does this start?
    (Yes i am aware I repeated myself.)
    When does this start?
  • sad, wanted to join this XD
  • Aight, so Gudboay is two things.

First of all, he's a good boy.

*BEEP*

Second of all, he's a relatively high-level employee of the Magnus Consortium, a union of traders and merchants who wanted a power structure. They totally don't dabble in organised crime as a side job.
    They started out as a family business with Muad Magnus as the main operator, but it eventually became a democratic association. It's current leadership is a tug-of-war between Emilia Arkhen, a distant relative of the Magnuses, and Krovmon Roxior, a gold-hoarding dragon.
  • Ok, guys! Let's... start...

The voices of many people fill up the small dark area of the inn. You can hear drunks, betting, and a minor fight takes place in the far corner. Kertch is in the back behind the bar and silently observes the place. After a while, a hooded figure with a scarf covering his face steps into the crowded room and finds a free table to sit (Vazren). Fedrick, the innkeeper, sends a waitress to serve the newcomer.

Ok, that was the short intro to our story. What I want you to do now, is write whatever it is that you are doing in the form of "My character (name) does this". Your first goal is actually to do what the title implies - meet at the inn. You can start in-game discussions with other characters or whateveryou find good.
  • @ThePhantomJoker

Gudboay shouts that he is selling an energizing brew, two shots a penny!
  • edited September 2019
    @Bowler218 I dont understand why you would want to have the wording as "...gains or losses shadow" why not just make it "...gains shadow until end of turn."

Or even "...gains shadow until end of turn. If [name] already has shadow, it loses shadow."

Or make shadow a keyword it always has, but then have it say "... loses shadow until end of turn."
  • Well what I want people to do is to set him so that then they don't have to spend 2 mana a turn to be able to effectively attack with him. But if they need to switch him, then they pay 2 mana.
  • edited September 2019
    Chala has returned to civilisation, and wants to spend the night here.
    Chala orders a bowl of vegetable soup using coins found on the bodies of adventurers killed in the forest. He sits at the table with the hooded figure, but doesn't instigate a conversation and eats his soup quietly.
  • Erica hadn’t eaten for a while. All the inns she had gone to seemed quite shady and she didn’t dare enter them. She finally found one that looked less scary, but she realized she was wrong when she walked in. There was a small fight going on and she quietly walked to a table in the corner. She noticed a confident looking person sitting at the table next to her. She yelped and moved a table to the right.

“Anything edible would work, I’m starving,” Erica said to the waiter as she slapped a gold coin on the table.
  • Kertch, wearing a hooded robe, notices the fighting is beginning to overstep the empty space in the corner. A Vashino pushes an Ogre back, and they fall into the table next to Vazren and Chala, Breaking it, and causing hot soup to spill on the floor. Kertch notices, and immediately comes over with a mop.

(Kertch has a slightly Scottish accent, a bit sophisticated, but stern)

“Hey there, you two! Whadaya think this is, a dive? If you’re gonna fight, keep it outside!”

The Ogre stands up and goes to attack the Vashino again, but Kertch restrains him. The Vashino pulls out a knife, and goes to stab the ogre over Kertch’s shoulder. Disarming them, he wraps them both in a chain of light, and guides them towards the door.

“A’ight! If ya don’t wanna listen, how about this? I’ll show you two the door, and you can show each other where the next bar is from here, because you two, are out!”

After kicking the two out, Kertch comes back in to clean up the mess. The people at the broken table have left, and Kertch notices that some soup had sloshed onto Vazren’s clothes.

“I’m so deeply sorry about the mess, sir! It’s never normally like this. @KorandAngels @Derain2 Anyway, do either of you need anything? If you want, I can get your clothes washed in a jiffy!”
  • edited September 2019
    @Tommia
    "Thank you, but I do not think it matters. I would simply like a little more soup to replace my spilled bowl".
  • Kertch looks to realize that Chala’s table was also affected by the fallout, and that their soup has fallen on the floor. Kertch obliges, rushing to the kitchen and bringing out a piping hot bowl of soup. He then sets to cleaning up the mess, performing a little party trick by igniting the splinters from the broken table in his left hand and sending out a breath of flame. He gets a minor bit of applause before continuing his work, breaking down the table into firewood for the fireplaces.
  • Erica approached Kertch curiously.

“Um...uh...Thanks for...um...getting rid of the Ogre and Vashino!”

“Thanks?” he replied, a little bit confused.

“A token of my appreciation,” Erica said as she scooped six gold coins out of her pocket.

That was a lot of money, and many creatures stared at Erica hungrily throughout the room.

“Um...I need to go...uh...sit down,” Erica squeaked.

She hurried back to her table nervously.
  • “Erm... madame! You really don’t have to, but thank you!”

Kertch made a minor mistake. Being left handed, he accepted the money with his left hand. However cloaked by the metal gauntlet on his hand, a faint red glow was visible as he accepted the change. He corrects himself, putting the change into a safe outside of view, before returning to his station behind the bar. He decides to pour himself a small glass of tonic water before taking a seat.
  • edited September 2019
    Chala notices the glow but doesn't say anything.
  • Erica stayed to herself for the next few minutes, she felt quite intimidated.
  • Chala has finished his soup and asks if he can sleep in the stables instead of getting a room.
  • Erica approached Kertch again and asked, “Can I have a room please?”
  • @Bowler218 I personally think thats a lot better. I like the replacement of damage with him losing shadow. Its a nice touch. But it's not up to me ultimately.

Norzael had been on the road or quite a time now and needed a place to rest. He stumbles into the door to see a bustling crowd of all shapes and sizes. He walks over to the barkeep, throws down a gold coin.

"I'll just need a bed for tonight, and whatever change is left of this, give to the next guy or gal."

As Norzael waits for accommodations, he notices the leftovers of a recent fight. Some ceramic pieces on the floor, as well as a few broken chairs shoved off into a corner near the fireplace.

"Seems like there was a bit of excitement around here."
  • @shadow123 @Norzael @KorandAngels

Kertch notices the influx of visitors, and decides to tend to them. Suddenly, it’s as if everyone in town wants a room, and Kertch finds out that there’s no rooms available.

“Erm, sorry, all of you. I... do deeply apologize, but we’re out of rooms. But, tell ya what. My pops should be fine letting you stay in our room for the night. You’ll have to get cozy though, since there’s only two extra bunks, but, I’ll offer each o’ you a discount. A third the standard rate! And as for you, sir,” Kertch turns to Chala, “I know we might not be vacant, but I’m not gonna make you sleep on the ground, for crying out loud. If you’re fine sharing a room, the night’s on me.”
  • @Bowler218 Sorry, but you are asking the wrong person. I am the maker of tis Saga
  • "No, it is because it is what I am used to."
  • As far as I know, most of the characters have met at the inn.
  • @thephantomjoker I'm so sorry, I'm going to have to back out of this. I took on more than I could chew. I hope the rest of you have a bunch of fun!
  • @KorandAngels

“Very well. To each their own. I would be careful in there, if I were you. It gets as stale as Uncle Forid’s Sourdough in there, and smells like it too!”
  • So, everyone went to sleep and nothing mysterious happened during the night (except that Vazren has mysteriously left the inn during night). You are all very tired, so a bit of rest is very welcome. The sun rises and evryone slowly wakes up and goes to the main hall to find something for breakfast. Minutes pass and early guests start to show up, mainly just to chat with Fedrick, the innkeper - he seems to be very popular here. You all enjoy your little mornig meal, when suddenly the door opens and a man rushes in. Fear is clearly visible on his face.

"The bandits! The are back and they captured farmer Len and his family! They said they want money and supplies or we will not like it!"

//Ok, so that was another bit of our story. Now some organisation stuff: When you want to write a story block, just type as you normally would, if you are telling some out-game information, use "//" at the beginning just as I did here. As you have probably read @Derain2 (Vazren) has left the inn.
This discussion has been closed.