Commerce and Trade set Idea. (Give me feedback and ideas)

124»

Comments

• @Pepperoni You need draft archetypes though
  • @steampunkdragon I KNOWWWWW. I'M JUST SUPER INDECISIVE

T_T
  • edited September 2019
    Ok, here's the deal.

The lands matter set seems easier to build than the pure commerce one.

Here's why:
    -It can easily be a "turf wars" in Latinoamérica theme, gangs weapons manufacturers, illegal substances, businesses operating with morally ambigous practices.

-It can be an introductory set to the plane. It explores the place, the anarchist yet ordered nature of the plane, etc.

-As I said, Fortifications make lands more important, Settle takes control of lands, Exert synergyzes with Settle, Populate gives Exert More power (This taking into acount that Exert this time will be like "{Cost}, Exert any number of creatures you control: For each creature you exerted...")

-Populate can be in literally every color (maybe a bend in black)
    -Exert can be in literally every color
    -Settle can be in red and blue, it can be a bend in green and black and it can even be in white as an extention of Land Tax effects.
    -Fortifications are colorless, safe and can be an excuse for mana fixing, allowing easy splashing even in límited.

Given that super smooth and flexible design space:

-We can add the Mercenary tribe as an Archetype. All mercenaries can have a high power level justified with an ability that allows players to gain control of them, each in a different way. ¿How does the tribe fix this? Using white's ability to to return permanents to their owner's control, and Blacks ability to kill its own stuff. Add a mercenary lord to the mix and Mercenaries are better on your side anyways, A PERFECT TRIBE.

-If lands are important and we have Settle un the game, lands can get repeatable activated abilitues that only work (or scale with) with certain amount of lands under your control. This Is the main reason Temple of the false god will never be broken, waiting for having your lands Is too much of a drawback to break cards. And only triggered abilities tend to get broken, much like Field of the Dead.

• BUT I don't want Tempt and the Price/Hire mechanic to be wasted, that's why they should appear in ANOTHER set where they are the main thing, since this one would be already crowded.
  • edited September 2019
    Here's a character that I designed to tie knots in the story, this woman right here is an important piece of deciphering planeswalking, much like Mowu can planeswalk with Yiang because he considers Mowu part of him, Ix is in a level of connection to the land so deep that can even planeswalk a portion of land with her. Everyone in Matsok wants to find her but she is indiferent to all this mess. The card itself is just a representation and and an attempt at playing with the rules.

• Ugh, I might never finish a set in my life.
This discussion has been closed.