Plane Ripped

Comments

• Here's what I have so far.

When Nicol Bolas cast the Elderspell, it mysteriously transported 14 beings, a Military Leader, a Cat Loving Shaman, a Flying Elf, a Dark Mage, a Relieved Gladiator, a Vengeful Assassin, a Curious Wizard, a Knowledgeable Light Mage, a Master Thief, a Cult Leader, a Wingless Kor Angel, a Dragonborn Warrior, a Mischievous Monkey, and a Rebel Soldier, all from different planes, to the plane of Eldarine. They all experienced a blinding flash of light, then woke lying on the middle of a green forest. They knew they were not on their home but had no idea how they got there.

"We have surmised that we are all from different planes of existence," said Karri, "so it would be best if we stuck together. If we meet with any travelers, we need a name to call our-selves." Nek Nek jumped around, jabbering loudly.

"Hmm," Zuuko grumbled, "it appears our little friend here has a suggestion. From hence forth, we shall be called The Plane Ripped. Now let us find a way out of this wood." As they walked through the forest, Karrii contemplated how peaceful it was, almost forgetting that they were trying to find a way back home. Before long, the group stumbled into a dirt road that ran through the forest. Deciding to follow it, they figured they were bound to find some sort of settlement where they could find food and lodging. They started down the road, and after about 30 minutes, began feeling they were being watched. At first, they brushed it of as an aftereffect of being Plane Ripped, but White Fang stopped everyone.

"Shhh… Can you hear it? There is something in the underbrush," she whispered. Before they could react, beings burst from the covert and rushed the party. There were 26 of them, armed with various weapons and clad in a mixture of leather and chain.

"Orcs," yelled Alabaster, "Defend yourselves!"

As the ambushers swung out at the party, Pedran looked at one of them. Immediately, he lost his armor and weapon, started to shrink, and grew feathers. Within seconds, the fearsome orc was replaced by a beautiful bird. He turned his gaze upon a second orc, and a similar effect happened. "It's called polymorph," he muttered, to no one in particular. Valerius and Ratch, back-to-back, warded off repeated blows from their attackers while Alabaster swooped in and out of combat, jabbing the orcs with his spear. Oyuki nimbly leaped between orcs, slashing them to pieces. Hailing from a world much different than this, Loofa didn’t know what sort of being she was facing. However, she knew it was hostile, and she knew she could kill it. That’s all she needed to know in order for her predatory instincts to kick in, taking cover behind a tree before offing the target with extreme stealth and finesse. Othei, seeing this as an early test, easily created a circle of Ichor on the ground, and just as the orcs arrived to him, set it alight in a blaze of glory, the souls of his many sacrifices fueling a raging wildfire that sent his regiment to fine dust. All the while Othei fed on the Ichor, breathing it in and gathering more from the fallen orcs, replenishing himself as his enemies fell into desperate chaos. Taliesen took cover behind Vendris, who kept the orcs away from the wizard with a spear of light he pulled from nowhere. The wizard muttered a few words and two spirits rose from the ground amid a group of orcs and began to decimate their foes. Just then, there is a flash of light and a human fall from a crack in the air onto the forest path. An orc rushed him but was not fast enough. Quick as lightning, it, and several of its comrades were tangled in long length of rope, and the human leaped up, pulled out a dagger, and shanked a nearby orc. Karrii and Zukko traded blows with several orcs, and Zukko sent one into the air.

"Watch out," Vendris yelled. A column of light erupted from his forehead and slammed into the airborne orc, instantly frying it. And almost as soon as it had begun, it was over. The last orc landed with a thud on the forest path. Othei begins gathering samples of their blood as the other party members gathered around the newcomer.

"...And suddenly, I was falling through the air. I thought I was done for," Krelis explained, gesturing with his hands, "Then there was a blinding flash of light, and I was lying here on this, what did you call it? Grass, yes. Lying on this grass, and one of those abominations came running at me." Alabaster shook his head.

"You got lucky. Normally, there are more orcs than what we encountered roaming around together. They tend to move around in large numbers."

"Then maybe this was an advance search party," Valerius said, pointing to the dead bodies, "If so, we need to move, and fast." Ratch nodded his head.

"I agree, the farther we are from here, the better."

"Finding a town would be ideal," stated Vendris. White Fang raised her hand.

"I saw signs of a river that way," she said, pointing north, out of the woods. Zukko rumbled an affirmation.

"Then its decided. We head north and follow the river till we find a town. Alabaster, Krelis, Nek Nek, you act as scouts. Inform us of any changes or possible problems." Krelis and Alabaster nodded, and headed north, with Nek Nek riding Krelis's shoulder. They gave them 2 minutes, then the rest of the party headed out. As they did, Loofa turned to see Othei rising from the last orc.

"You coming?" She asked. Othei just stared at her.

"The Lord of Darkness must have all available strength," he whispered, "Gathering the Ichor is essential." He put the vial in a satchel on his belt and began walking towards the others. Loofa rolled her eyes.

"Whatever creep."

• Am I in the story?
  • edited October 2019
    Yes. This is also, basically, an early draft. Just basic ideas.
  • I don’t really care what you favorite, pick stuff you think looks cool.

• Sure use pedrian. He's fun.
  • Here is what I have for Valerius.

Valerius woke to the chilled air of the Gream Mountains. His tent offered little in the way of insulation. It did, however, provide a slight break from the savage wind of the mountain range. He grunted, rose from his cot, and began preparing for another day of marching. By the time he left his tent, the camp had become alive with morning activity. Food was cooking over the many fires that littered the camp, and men were already at work dismantling their tents. Valerius walked to the fire his unit was gathered around, pulled out his bowl, and ladled a heap of steaming stew into it. While he consumed his breakfast, he checked on his men, seeing that they were properly prepared for a day of hard marching. With his food finished, Valerius walked towards the general’s tent, wrapping his wool cape around himself as a sharp wind blew across the camp. He stopped near the entrance and turned, looking at the surrounding mountain peaks.

“Hmm,” Valerius muttered, “I could have sworn I heard something, a howl almost. Must’ve been the wind.” He shook is head and parted the tent flap, stepping inside. Most of the other unit commanders were already here, helmets off and standing idly around the tents main room. After several minutes, the general emerged from his room and walked to the strategy table. Valerius and the other officers saluted.

“At ease,” the general announced, “we are a two day’s march from the farthest outlying Gream settlement. That is, of course, under optimal weather conditions. If a blizzard were to blow in, it could put us back by another day and a half, maybe two.” He looked around at the officers, “I want the men marched hard, but not too hard. We still need to be in optimal fighting condition. Have them prepared for an ambush at any point. I will come around before we head off to check the condition of your units. Dismissed.” As the officers left the tent, Valerius heard it again, a low howling sound. No, not a howl. It was like a distant rumble, thunder almost. But there was not a cloud in the sky. Looking up, he saw a large shape flash across the sun. Before he could act, there was an explosion, and one of the garrison tents burst into flame. Valerius rushed back to is unit, men yelling around him and tents erupting into flame all over the camp, with the dark shape moving swiftly across the sky. When arrived at his regiments camp area, everything was chaos. The legionnaires were in thick combat with Gream warriors. Everyone that fell was replaced by two more of his kinsmen. There was a scream, and one of the warriors rushed Valerius, axe high above his head. Before he even got close, the warrior was on the ground, one of Valerius’ swords in his chest. Valerius ran to the felled man, and retrieved his sword, slashing another man with second. At first, Valerius’ men rallied, and began pushing back the attackers, but then chaos ensued. A fire ball struck near Valerius and he was thrown through the air, crashing into a supply cart. He rose, flinching, and began staggering back towards his men. In his dazed state, he didn’t see the massive shape landing on the ground. It shook the ground and Valerius lost his footing. He felt something picking him up, and as it leveled off, his eyes cleared. He could see the entirety of the camp ablaze, men struggling, being torn to shreds by the frenzied Gream warriors. Many bodies lay scattered on the ground, their glassy eyes staring into nothingness. His gaze then turned to the massive being that was holding him tightly in its hand, and he was chilled to the bone. A dragon. It was huge, as tall as The Great Temple, and as long as two Imperial triremes, its body covered in scales the size of platters. It looked at Valerius with contempt and malic radiating from its eyes. It uttered a deep thunderous sound from its chest, almost as if it were chuckling.

“Your emperor was a fool to send an army to attack the Gream,” It said to Valerius in a deep, grating voice, “and now, he will pay for his insolence. This will be his warning, and if he does not heed it, then…” the dragon chuckled again, and Valerius saw an orange light begin to travel up from its chest, “we will destroy him.” The dragon opened his jaws, and light grew in intensity. Valerius shut his eyes and sent a fervent prayer to the gods, readying himself for death. But the dragon never let lose its flame. “What is this?” the dragon rumbled. Valerius opened his eyes and looked around. The world was beginning to grow blindingly white, and Valerius started to feel strange. He looked down at his hands and saw nothing. His arms were slowly fading into nothingness. Then there was a clap of thunder and a blinding flash, and Valerius lost consciousness. When he awoke, he was lying on his back. He could barely make out anything, but as his vision began to clear, he saw…

“Trees?” This couldn’t be. He shakily stood up and began looking around. “Yup, trees,” he thought, “I’m in the middle of a freaking forest.” It was also much warmer, and he started taking off his winter cape. That’s when he noticed that other shaped on the forest floor where moving.
  • Entry coming soon, to a theatre near you. Just need time to get my heads together.
  • I'm not in the story.
  • edited October 2019
    @KorandAngels yes you are. I am working on the back stories of every character. Also, the part that covers your characters meeting each other and the orc ambush are not fully fleshed out. Its just a basic idea of what I want to do with the material.
  • edited October 2019
    Also, for anybody who hasn't already done so, if you would like to tell me what your character was doing before they were plane ripped, you can do so. That way, you have a little bit of a say in the little blurb.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wings-of-sight?list=user
    I'm probably going to have Taliesin explain his vision to the group.
  • edited October 2019
    My entry:

It may not be that clear in the blurb I wrote for Loofa, but just before she was taken away from Safteva, she had just finished shutting down the Counsel of Gears, and was making her getaway.
  • edited October 2019
    *fixed*
  • @Revan when would be a good time to talk about the vision?
  • @SpellPiper whenever you see fit.
  • @Revan I'll probably wait until you finish judging this section of the challenge to really delve into that
  • My guy was expanding his library through some nasty means. Can talk more about it later.
  • Working on it.
  • Is this another lost cause?
  • looks like it
  • I shall perform the summoning ritual, which involves typing the name of the person I want to summon, directly after an at symbol.

I SUMMON THEE! @Revan
  • Yessssss. I'm waiting on the rest of the entries.
  • @revan , wouldn't that be @korandangels again?
  • I quit the contest.
  • Umm... let me check
This discussion has been closed.