OH THE HORROR!!! Halloween Challenge... (Participants = Premium Prizes)

Comments

• @Spookoops, Ok, just clarifying
  • Why did I look at all these cards late at night?
  • edited October 2019
    EDIT: Ight, card fixed.

• @Mantis17 I don't know, why did you?
  • edited October 2019
    @Fantastickill7 Aliens has been described as horror/sci-fi/thriller/action. The same is true for Predator.

I remember as a kid I went to a haunted house and I had to cross this small bridge just outside of the house to leave the place right, and there was this window high up to my left, a guy jumped out wearing a predator costume. I, of course, not being scared of predator (though I was scared to death of the 6'9'' doctor that followed me through the tour) I yelped "cool! its the predator!" and my parents grabbed me up and ushered me on. I can just see the guy in the costume going "darn it, I didn't scare him." lmao.
  • @Revan yep I remember that card, now that I am looking at it. Man has it been that long already?
  • New card, entry 2 of 4:

The Red Coat, made famous from the cult thriller/horror classic Don't Look Now. It paved the way for many horror films adapting the red coat (or iconic personas) into their own films.

you can check out more about the film here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Look_Now

Here's my entry. Inspired by Alien, even if it doesn't exactly look like it.
  • New card, entry 3 of 4:

The Blob

Pretty new at this. Here's my sub :)

Based off 1973 Exorcist. Allows one of your demons to possess someone's creatures. Without an "Exorcism" (enchantment removal) your going to steal a lot of value from your opponent.
  • I LIKE SPONKS

IT'S SPONKY TIME
  • @spookoops is fan art of something from the movie acceptable? Like, do you just not want screen grabs, or do you not want blatant references at all (like normal MTG stuff)?
  • Fan art is perfect, just not blatant screen grabs.
  • edited October 2019
    I havent actually watched a horror movie, a bunch of my friends are talking about some of them to me and I can’t really respond because I don’t know much about horror films, so this is what I picked up from their conversations :)

Sub #2!!!
    For all you Commander players out there, here's a nice addition to Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer :)

In a pinch its some removal, but if you have the right situation it's upside could give you the game!

Here's my #3.
    Everyone's got a thing for zombies :)
  • edited October 2019
    Using the name of the novella The Thing is based on.
  • edited October 2019
    The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers.

• edited October 2019
    I like what I see so far everyone, lets keep this up...

Also, I am now throwing in a special prize for the best artwork on a card...
    Second entry. A retelling of Nightmare at 20,000 Feet was in the Twilight Zone movie so I'm hoping this is acceptable?
  • edited October 2019
    Pulled due to significant changes to the card.
  • My Final Entry
    Chucky
  • edited October 2019
    A classic, I used red to signify the power/electricity he uses to bring the monster to life. The rest should be pretty self explanatory. Hope yall like it! Critiques are welcome!

• 2 more weeks y'all...
  • I can drop 1 more. I think? Heck yeah.
  • edited October 2019
    Not sure if this one really is as much of a horror movie as it is a horror story, but there have been movies about it, so I'm going to throw it in.
    imageimage
  • edited October 2019
    I want to rescue this cheesy masterpiece saga!
    image image

• Yes, technically a Headless Horseman already existed, but it's super lame.

• I know the movie isn't exactly a Horror film. So if it's not good enough, oh well. Haha.

This discussion has been closed.