Dual Lands Challenge *Circuit Challenge* [Challenge Over, Congrats @FaithsGuide]

Comments

• @BiasedDice

Just call them platinum delta/ peak/ woods or whatever landscape you wanna go with. Or you can use other precious metal names and call them the metal lands. Golden coast, Silversnowtop or Bronze Bastion whatever else comes to mind. (anyone struggling with name feel free PM me or ask for help.)
  • edited October 2019
    image image image image image
  • edited October 2019
    Finally figured out my submission
    Made slight changes to balance out the tribal support
    -Added the land cost
    -Discount is only for the first creature
    Removed flavor text due to space
    "This race for territory isn't just making the kingdoms
    rich, but it's making us artisans rich too."
  • These are lands I made for the Things that go Bump in the Night contest... which both happen to be dual lands. So... figured I'd post them here.

image image

Should the ability of Burg Frankenstein have a mana cost? If so, any suggestions for what it should cost so I can edit it?
  • Here are my entries. I would call them disco lands.
    image image image image
  • edited October 2019
  • edited October 2019
    would a land that produces colored and colorless mana count as a dual land or not?
    as in, 1 color and colorless
  • edited October 2019
    @Xero0
    Not technically. In WoTC terminology a dual can produce two different "colored manas."
  • a shame, I made a nice cycle of basic land plus wastes, basically called it the plastic lands haha
    though I think I can make another one that's dual colored
  • @Xero0 I'll let you submit those; I modified the rules slightly to allow all lands that produce two types of mana instead of two colors.

To everyone else, you've got until the end of today to submit!
  • Quick question. I traditionally give about a paragraph worth of feedback to all entries of my contest. However, there are a lot this time. Would you all prefer:
    1. Maybe only a sentence worth of feedback for entries excluding the top 3 and honorable mentions, and I score this contest within a week
    2a. A full paragraph worth of feedback, but it takes several weeks to a month for the contest to get scored; the top 3 and HMs will be published before the feedback for other entries
    2b. Like 2a, but I don't release the top 3 and HMs until I'm finished with feedback
  • @Je_Suis_Oluwa I prefer quicker results, but I also like it when I get feedback on my cards, because it helps me become a better cardsmith. I think you should choose what is best for you. If you have enough time, I’m fine waiting for feedback. If you don’t, I’ll be happy with fast results :)
  • Give whatever you feel like, I will accept whatever feedback I get.
  • edited October 2019
    Maybe 1 is fine?
  • I've been toying with an idea for a format based around celestial-scale Magic. Naturally, these would not be legal in other formats:

imageimageimageimageimage
  • 3 ~ 5 lines is good to criticize the lands
  • edited October 2019
    I'll do paragraphs for the top 3 and honorable mentions and quick notes for everyone else.

Please tell me if I missed your submission or got something about it wrong, since these are the eligible submissions.

@Arceus8523: Polluted lands
    @Vert: Friendly lands
    @Tommia: Loser lands
    @nardolphin: Misty Mountains
    @Lastjustice: Make-your-own lands
    @FaithsGuide: Raid lands
    @JackDraco: Opponent's choice lands
    @NickSilsord: Ancient lands
    @stormbreath: Winter Glade
    @Shmoohawk: Desert Wetlands
    @TenebrisNemo: Shrines
    @shadow123: Energy lands
    @Mantis17: Elven Grove
    @Norzael: Commander lands
    @fiskerton: Biolaboratory
    @bnew07: Heartland Brook
    @RohanDragoon: Indestructible lands
    @Ranshi922: Newid, Mutable Vista
    @KorandAngels: Webfolk Hatchery
    @BiasedDice: Platinum lands
    @murkletins: Rap, of the Unzealous Scallion
    @Tommyneko: Lands of late-game spice
    @sanjaya666: Castles
    @theran_baggins: Constructed Fort
    @RayearthIX: Lands that go bump in the night
    @Tomigon: Verdant Wetland
    @Termite1: Disco lands
    @sorinjace: Brumal Arroyo
    @Ralyx: Planets
    @Xero0: Plastic lands
  • oh damn, deadline was yesterday?
    didnt get to send mine after your response
  • @Xero0 Oh, I'll give you an extension of a day or two to send them in
  • oka, I'll send em now
  • edited October 2019
    there ya go
  • Thanks @Xero0 - I will grade your submission.

The consensus re grading style is that most people don't care haha but I think 1 came out with the most support, so I'm doing that. If a specific person wants more detailed feedback then I'm happy to do that.

Anyway, I will have the results in about a week. Lots of honorable mentions.
  • cant wait haha
  • @Je_Suis_Oluwa I'd love detailed feedback, though that might be understandably difficult in my case.
  • edited October 2019
    @Ralyx I suggest to balance your lands:

When this land enters the battelfield, sacrifice it unless you control ten or more lands.

{T}: Each player adds ten {insert mana color} to their mana pool.

This way it doesn't feel too broken.
  • @sanjaya666

They were designed for celestial-scale magic and were meant for a self-contained format.
  • Wastes is the name of the land. The type wastes doesn't exist.
  • well it should exist lol
This discussion has been closed.