Hydra Craze (Ends November 1st)

I like hydras in MTG but don't see them often, so what I want is for you all to make a Hydra!

Rules
-Card MUST be a Hydra
-3 entries allowed

Bonus points if
-You use a custom ability
-You PROPERLY credit the artist
or
-Give it a convincing piece of lore (Because I always love lore)

GOOD LUCK AND LET THE BEST HYDRA WIN!

Prizes!
1st- 5 Favorites, a Follow and picking an Honorable Mention
2nd-4 Favorites and a Follow
3rd- 3 Favorites
Honorable Mentions (3 of them)- 2 Favorites

End Date- November 1st!

(Just wanted to mention transform cards are allowed and would look sick!)

Comments

• First submission. Splendid by Kickash : Splendid N (This creature enters the
    battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever you draw a card, you
    may move a +1/+1 counter from it onto another creature you control.)

• Wow! This is a cool concept that I would love to see added!
  • Too op or balance idk

• Are old cards allowed?
  • edited October 2019
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/10/21/1571637281874660.png
    Progenitus, I made him alongside 4 other legends for the experience counter challenge but I thought I'd post him here. It's been a long time so hopefully the card image renders and it's not just the link
  • edited October 2019
    @Arceus8523 Yeah you are allowed old cards for entries
  • @Tommyneko It depends- Does the hydra have the protection or do the higher power creatures?
  • edited October 2019
  • @Credius Your Ambush Yamato has no p/t. That happens when you edit the card after previewing it while it has both 0 power and 0 toughness.
  • @Credius don’t worry about it though I’ll count it as if it did have it bc it’s just a glitch
  • edited October 2019
    Three with one or more custom abilities:
    image image image

Lore:
    1. Egg-Freed Hydra
    "Hydras, like elephants, stay together to learn from their elders for a long time. This closeness helps them to grow and mature." - Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
    This quote--while stated on another plane--is applicable to all Hydra's and their development. When first hatched, a Hydra will mimic it's parents and grandparents, learning how to hunt and survive through play and instruction. It's difficult to tell what it's final form will be since it has so many minds of its own and may not resemble its predecessors all that closely. We will just have to watch and wait.

2. Virulent Hydra
    It is wise to stay clear of stormy weather, but sometimes it's what lies within that's the most dangerous. A terrible Horror is known to come and go like a storm, spreading disease and nearly impossible to be quickly rid of. The only hope for most is that it will dissipate like the clouds it resides in before too many are lost to its poisonous mandibles. The rotting flesh it has and bestows are all too real...

3. Genetic Mishap
    The Simic scientists are known for being totally comfortable performing experiments deemed inadvisable by all other Guilds (with possible exception regarding rather gullible Goblins of Izzet affiliation). However, in this particular case, there aren't any among the Simic that don't regret this particular exercise as the results were totally beyond all control (again, some Izzet Goblins Wizards still might be ok with this). The unfortunate crossbreeding resulted in incalculable increases that baffled the greatest minds of the Guild. Rather than anticipated adaptation, this mutant was and is totally out of hand. Fortunately for the Simic, it appears to enjoy most the destruction of Boros strongholds.

Abilities:
    1. Egg-Freed Hydra
    Mature by me with help from @Beeswax, @Tomigon, @Memnarchitect, @Cryptonight, @saveria201, & @Platypusburger:
    Mature (To mature this creature, exile it. If you do, search your library for a non-Young creature card that shares a creature type with it. You may cast it by paying the difference in mana costs between it and this creature. Then shuffle your library.)
    ----------------------------------------------There is a Set and Discussion focused on it.---------------------------------------------

2. Virulent Hydra
    Uses Decay N by @seaspray4TF3:
    Decay N (This creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, remove a +1/+1 counter from it.)

3. Genetic Mishap
    Uses two of @Beeswax's mechanics:
    Biotheurgy (Each +1/+1 counter you remove from a creature you control while casting this spell pays for {1}.)

Genepool (This card enters play with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature type it shares with a creature you control.)

P.S. If you can't get enough Hydra, here are three more (NOT ENTRIES) you can peruse:
    --------------------- Soulbrood -------------------- Dream-Course Crasher -------------------- Aquatic Hydra --------------------
  • @Faiths_Guide THIS IS AMAZING! If you don’t mind can you edit it to tell me which is which because I might forget the numbering’s but besides that THIS IS LIT
  • I made this a while back. That's one more modern set slot filled.

• edited October 2019
    @LoL_NOOB
    Sure. Glad you like them :)
  • "Why do have to burn 'em, Pa?" the muscled youth asked, wiping a tanned arm across his sweaty brow.

The old farmer grunted as he rolled another bandit corpse into the pit. "We do it 'cause my pa did it. And his pa a'fore him." He straightened his back and took a long drink from the skin at his hip. "I asked ol' gran the same question once, when I was a bit younger'n you are now. She wouldn't tell me, but I ne'er forgot the look in 'er eyes, or how quick she shooed me out the kitchen." The man paused, shaking his head. "I seen that woman wrestle an aurochs an' kick a hole in a cancrix' shell. She weren't afeared o' death, an' she certainly weren't afeared o' bandits." At their mention, he paused and spit onto the waiting pyre. "But somethin' in those woods," the man continued, gesturing towards the dense forest of ancient pines to the north, "gave her the shivers, and I reckon whatever it is can feel when there's dead about. So, we burn 'em, and pray it's enough."

The young man nodded, glancing towards the treeline. "Sun's goin' down. Can I light it this time, pa?"

From the darkest depths of the plane, an abysmal creature name Ramakrishna emerged. Nobody knows its origin; how a mighty hydra could find its way to the lifeless abyss, and return to the surface, forever transformed by the horrible blackness? Ramakrishna drains the powers from every poor soul in its path, and uses those powers to further increase the might of itself and the abyss's minions.

Suddenly, the group heard as a girl's scream echoed in the woods, and they each looked at different directions, except Eetu. He quickly conjured a small water orb onto his right palm, gazed into it for a few seconds, then dismissed it as he started walking in a hurried pace deeper into the woods, where the road did not lead. Then a young boy in a raggedy clothes and a messy hair jumped out from a bush right in front of Eetu. The boy was breathing heavily while he was pointing behind him.

"H-help! My big sister is in troubl--"

"I know," Eetu said audibly and tapped the boy's left shoulder with his right hand as he passed him. Confused, the human boy just stared at the merfolk, then at Yagara, Sylva, Pele, and Tai as they followed him.

After a few seconds, the foursome saw as a teen, human girl in a long dress was limping through the woods while the sound of snapping twigs came from behind her. The girl was bleeding blood from her left leg, and when she saw the tournament host and the contestants, she fell onto the forest ground.

"Help me, it's coming," the girl whispered as she tried to get up in vain. Then a bush crushed down behind her and multiple heads of snakes hissed at everyone who had come to interrupt their meal. The contestants soon realized that the multiple snake heads belonged to a single creature; a boulder-sized hydra that thirsted for fresh blood. Before the contestants could do anything, Eetu reached his both hands towards the ravenous creature, and surrounded it with a blue aura, preventing it from moving. The same aura surrounded Eetu's hands, and as he closed his slender fingers into fists, all bones in the hydra's body crushed at the same time. Each head hissed in anguish before they fell dead onto the ground. After a few seconds of silence, Eetu looked at the contestants behind him, which he only noticed on that moment. Then he looked into Tai's tiny eyes.

"You want a tip? Kill your opponent as fast as possible. Now go, the match is about to start."

Bab Yagara grinned in excitement as she walked back to the road and then to the arena's direction. Pele, Sylva, and Tai followed her a few seconds later after staring at the hydra's body. As they were walking away, they could hear the injured girl talking to the tournament host.

"Thank you... We were attacked when me and my brother were taking a shortcut to the arena... I don't know why that thing was roaming around here. This part of the forest has been peaceful for a long time... Is my brother alright!?"

"Calm down. Nothing has happened to your brother. Now lay still, I will come back with a healer..."
    This is designed to be one of those cards that just feels so broken when you're reading it, but doesn't actually break any formats (note its lack of hexproof/can't be countered/etc.) in the legacy of cards like Dominaria's Steel Leaf Champion. For if you're familiar with the three psychographics, this one is for T[i/a]mmy.
  • @Je_Suis_Oluwa Is this on MTG Cardsmith because I can't find you or this card anywhere on it
  • Not that it matters
  • edited October 2019
    That set symbol is for another website card creator.
  • Ok so I was wondering about how I would judge these designs. I decided on the actual card worth 5 points. 1 on artwork, 1 on Balanceness, 1 on uniqueness and 2 on my opinion. The bonus points work like this
    -1 point each for creative custom abilities
    -1 point for crediting the artist
    -1 to 3 points on lore

Give your opinion on this grading system so I can improve it later
  • It's on mtg.design; I can redo it on cardsmith if you like
  • It’s fine @Je_Suis_Oluwa ,just wondering. Anyway, what do you think about my judging format?
  • edited October 2019
    @LoL_NOOB Yes as long as creature that has higher power than Seaviper Hydra.....Seaviper Hydra will not dealt damage to that creature
  • Then I see it as fair!(unless you get like a 20/20 Seaviper lol)
  • Judging format seems fine
  • Thanks for your opinion on it, I just wanna make sure it’s fair
This discussion has been closed.