Tell me your story!

edited November 2019 in Just for Fun Contests
Hello Everyone!

Due to the delay of my Cardsmith Tournament contest, I decided to start up a pretty in-depth contest.

What I ask of you is to give me a story. But you have to create cards to help emphasize the story, to create your identity, to create the environment, to reflect your struggles or successes, so forth and so on.

The stories can be about anything you choose, so let your mind free.

Guidelines:
Use cards to emphasize your story.

Rewards:
The smith who provides the best story will get 7 additional favorites of their choice.

All entrants will get a favorite on their submissions and an additional favorite of their choice for each card in a single post past the first.

NOTES: *EDITED*
This contest is just for fun and can be very rewarding. So I will not be setting a deadline currently, that way people may create as in depth of a story as they like.

Add your additional favorites to the end of the post.

The formula is as such. Number of cards in a single story post minus 1 = Additional favorites.

Rough Example:
Jaeda was a simple farmer who lived in the small town of Kross. He was conscripted into the military of a nearby city to help with a demon outbreak. During the conflict he had made new friends and he decided to give up the farm life to pursue military full time. Time goes by, and Jaeda was now a lieutenant of his army. He has slain countless Demons and foul creatures in his time, and now he feels nothing can stand in his way.

(In this example I'd create a creature named Jaeda and make him fairly common, then proceed to make him as a soldier, and then a lieutenant to follow his story. I'd also create a land named Kross and give it somekind of ability to help show it is a small farm town. And finally i'd create a card representing the demon outbreak and then a card representing his feelings towards nothing standing in his way.)

Given this example, feel free to ask questions. And don't be afraid to go into as much detail as you like. You can have any number of entries and posts. Just let your mind take charge and give me your best stories.

Have fun!

Comments

• (Oops, I forgot to put p/t on the lizard man.)

Once, at the dawn of the distant world of Heera, the first settlers landed on the coast, at the place where the Port City of Treeta started being built.
    However, after a while, the settlement began suffering raids from the lizardfolk who lived in jungles to the west.
    The king, who lived in the city over the sea, ordered the people to fight back. He sent troops to aid them.
    There followed a short war. The settlers easily drove back the lizardfolk, who retreated to the marshes further west and never troubled the people of Treeta again.
    The End.
  • @Norzael
    How would custom set lore work for this?
  • Can I do multiple stories, since that ones finished?
  • When the world was entering what was to be known as the First Age of Learning, and the province of Aclua was beginning to settle into a loose coalition of territories known as the Free States, magic and knowledge began to flourish throughout the land, leading to peace, as well as the accidental creation of goblins by the alchemist Oxion Hollowand.

However, this peace was not destined to last. Yenril Hawklight, a ruthless warlord, had been gathering power in southern Aclua for several years, winning over others to his side and crushing those who stood against him. However, one fateful year, Yenril decided that he would claim for himself a weapon worthy of his mighty conquests.

Yenril led his forces across the Acluan borders into the neighboring kingdom of Darev, home of the dwarves. In a sudden and unexpected attack, Yenril's army captured Kildrek Greatforge, the most skilled dwarven smith - both at the time and ever since.

Kildrek was pressed into service by Yenril under threat of death. During this period of captivity, Yenril commanded Kildrek to create for him the mighty weapon of which he dreamed, and thus began the forging of the Stormblade. Kildrek worked day and night for two weeks, barely resting lest the adamantine and mithril from which the blade was forged should cool and the weapon be ruined. Then, working to the very limits of his considerable capabilities, Kildrek spent the next week at work, drawing upon the grimoires of some of the world’s greatest wizards to confer upon the Stormblade immense might beyond that of any other weapon that had previously been forged by Human, Dwarf, or Elf. On the final day, at dawn, an exhausted Kildrek Greatforge raised the Stormblade into the sky by means of a cunning contraption, and placed it into the heart of a thunderstorm, where it was struck repeatedly by electrical blasts. When the sword was drawn from the heavens, it glowed and crackled with unnatural lightning, and Yenril claimed it as his, even as Kildrek collapsed, dead of exhaustion.

As promised, the Stormblade was of unnatural power, smiting all who stood before Yenril with blasts of lightning. Unfortunately, the power came at an unholy cost. The blade was fueled by the souls of those it slew, converting their very essence into electricity to which more fell. As he became aware of this fact, Yenril, now controlling more than half of Aclua, began to seek out more and more powerful souls to fuel his blade.

Yenril grew hungrier and hungrier for more power, killing friend and foe alike for even the most minor offenses. Whereas before he had ruled through his charismatic personality, now he ruled through fear alone. Eventually, he used the Stormblade to fell the eldest and strongest dragon - Lord Dargoth - and absorb his soul. The sword's wicked power had reached a new height, fully corrupting Yenril and driving him mad.

Mad with the nigh invincible power granted to him by the Stormblade, Yenril led an attack on the gods themselves, catching them by surprise and killing Boruer, God of the Arts, and Feyla, God of Magic, before he was confronted by Gilad, God of Light and Justified Warfare. Gilad smote Yenril, annihilating the once-great warlord entirely and sending the Stormblade spinning back to the ground to be lost to the ages.

Cardsmith Note: This is part of the backstory to the D&D campaign world that I helped my friend create, so I already had a story. I really didn't intend to create this many cards, but got sucked into it and ended up with this. Most of the cards are made with MTG.Design, simply because I find its text formatting to be more tolerable than MTGCardsmith's. I feel like I need a nap now.
  • When does this end?
  • @TheWanderer

Wow. Now I'm compelled to join this too!
  • @Arceus8523
    With custom set i assume you mean like MSE or something? If so i can still grant you the additional favors and such. But i can't favor the submissions.

@KorandAngels Yes of course!

@shadow123 No set deadline yet.
  • As another note: For those who posted a story already, send me the additional cards you'd like to receive favorites for.

And in the future add them to the end of the post.

The formula is as such. Number of cards in a single story post minus 1 = Additional favorites.
  • @Norazel

I mean lore centered around the overarching story of a custom set. It's different than telling the story of a single character, so I wanted to be sure it was still okay.
  • @Arceus8523 Oh yeah of course.
This discussion has been closed.