Midnight Mansion

Comments

• edited November 2019
    @Tommia
    Vita walks up to Athmel, since she's heard about Kor. After talking for a while, she's quite disappointed.
    Conversation:
    Vita: Meow.
    (Continued so long as I get a response.)
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

"We shall see about what? All I know is that not everyone is up to my mansion. Maybe you aren’t? There’s always the cold.” He turns around and presses something. “Let me correct myself. The zombie filled cold.”
  • edited November 2019
    @ThatOneCat (Wat? I mean what is the challenge?)
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos

There isn’t one. Just Syr Grym “challenging” his guests.
  • edited November 2019
  • @KorandAngels

Athmel looks down at the dragon, then back to the table his is sitting at. Set upon the table is his crystal ball, but the inside is obscured with a blood red mist. He doesn't look at Vita as he speaks.

"Hmph. Why hello there. I'm do sincerely apologize if I would seem so uncurt, but I am presently befuddled by a perplexing phenomenon. I will require my most complete centering if I ever fathom to remedy this intriguing occurrence."
  • Darion, tired, sits down at a table, looking for food.
  • Vita (Despite Athmel's protests) taps the crystal ball with one claw. It flashes through various images before settling on a birds-eye-view of the room.
  • Surprise, it’s not food, it’s...

not your first challenge.

Thanks for the submissions, everyone who’s given me the bonus gets one round free, waiting for 3 more.
  • @ThatOneCat are you still taking characters for this?
  • @SammySammyson I'm pretty sure you're good to enter until it starts.
  • @KorandAngels Athmel is minorly offended by Vita's trespass, but continues anyways.

"I see you have gotten... about as far as I have. Whenever I try to clear away the mist, it always shows the present. The future, however, is uncertain, but destined. May the powers that be watch over us."
  • @Tommia ah, I see. I thought it had started, but I reread everything and this is like...a bonus...starting round thing haha. Time to get smithing!
  • edited November 2019
    Linked to the slightly modified Cardsmith edition; its name was cut off a lot, so it's just "Azuteth, War Beast" on Cardsmith.

I present to you all Azuteth, Thundering War Beast, A.K.A. the...rhino...construct? Anyway, I wanted to try Boros for once, with the main characteristics of his cards being:
    - Gaining card advantage or at least better selection (rummaging, impulse drawing, and hopefully finding a way for white to draw better). This is to represent his wit that is based on strategy (card selection and careful impulse drawing) as opposed to inherent advantage (blatant card advantage like drawing in blue or black; though I plan to have some white cards that somehow gain card advantage...without bending the color pie too much).
    - Doing stuff when blocked. Flavorfully, this will represent overcoming obstacles and such.
    - Probably taxing. Mostly to figure out how to make white draw, but also because he's a warlord, and wars are demanding and taxing. That being said, since war taxing is not only economically (mana), but also in the form of destruction, he will probably like to destroy things, but I doubt that'll come up as anything other than a flavorful card. Unless, of course, we get attacked by rooms. Then he may try and take them down.
    - First strike, haste, etc. to showcase being prepared ahead of time for whatever might be thrown at Azuteth.
    - He's gonna suck at getting big bois out. He's about as large as things get, so his focal point will be strength in numbers, if and when applicable.
    - I don't know what else. This is more brainstorming for myself TBH.

Oh, for reference, he doesn't have any riders with him, and the tower on his back exhibits growth patterns similar to rodents' teeth and dogs' claws. He can work to scratch it down when he needs to (as he did prior to visiting the mansion), but it grows endlessly. He's a sapient rhino...construct...thing that is capable of speech, strategic thinking, and foresight. Look, I wanted something unique. Of course, this means he will struggle to carry any found items, as he can't place them in the bags used when people ride him. *insert help wanted sign here*

I went with a nonhuman character because I've never used one in anything other than Colonisers, but this will likely interact more with the character itself, so this will be interesting.

Also stealing that character format:

Sex: Male
    Race: ...artifice rhino?
    Home Plane: Post-Desolation Lakas (Some of y'all may remember Lakas!)
    Skills: His stamina and endurance are unmatched, and he's both small and speedy. He's quite the strategist as well (which means his cards may eventually become Jeskai!).
    Weaknesses: Not having opposable thumbs is a huge weakness. It can make it difficult to deal with traps (many of which he's been in), and his natural armor is cool and all, but it's limited in its coverage, and not being able to hold and move a shield is a problem. His horn does make up for that somewhat. Also while he can speak, his voice is gruff and heavily accented, his common being a bit blotchy, so it may be difficult to communicate effectively. He's also viewed a beast to strangers typically, and it's difficult for people not native to his plane to accept him as they would any other intelligent being.
  • Social thingies to come soon(tm)
  • edited November 2019
    @SamySammyson
    Vita meows again and then walks away from Athmel and slowly looks over the strange creature of about her size that had recently entered the room. "Meow"

• @KorandAngels

Azuteth huffs, his pose comparable to that of a lion—proud and confident, but nowhere near arrogant.

"Greetings," he begins, his voice gruff and thickly accented. "I am General Azuteth of the Desert Outlasters. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance...?" he raises his tone slightly, indicating that he'd appreciate an introduction. Of course, whether Vita speaks or not is up in the air for him at this point.

His horn gives a warm glow, for some reason giving a sense of approachability, while inspiring some extra confidence in those near him. It is as though his horn is a small part of a star at sunset. (Since finding art for him is basically impossible, his stuff is definitely going to be sun based now.)

• @SammySammyson Vita gets a sheet of paper and carves holes into it into the shape of her name.
  • edited November 2019
    As this is still taking entrants, I may as well join! Here's my character:

Sex: Male
    Race: Leonin
    Home Plane: Stitia (Yes, the one that's currently a major saga)
    Skills: Remarkably knowledgable about the supernatural, and just intelligent and crafty all around. Also very quick and agile. Good at working out a plan under pressure.
    Weaknesses: Not particularily physically strong

Niyan is a leonin detective that specializes in the supernatural. He has a journal of everything you could possibly need to know about zombies, skeletons, vampires, and many, many more. He aims to solve the disappearance of his parents, who vanished one night in his home. But it wasn't just that they disappeared, everything about them seemed to have as well. From letters to even people's memories, there wasn't a trace of them left. And Niyan wanted to figure out why. That is, until he died.

Now, anyone following the Stitia saga (including @Tommia himself, who runs the thing and is also here) may be wondering how Niyan is not currently wiped from existance, as last we saw of him he was getting killed off by his doppleganger because I was a lazy idiot and didn't participate in the saga.

Well, Niyan was between life and death. Floating around in a blank nothingness. That is, until he saw a mansion. This mansion. It seemed to be drawing people from all over different planes and places, and was magically reaching into wherever he was too. He floated over to the mansion, and that brings us to now. (More story coming later)
  • This image pretty much sums up my thoughts on Niyan right now, as I thought he was perfect for this and just made stuff up to bring him back:

• edited November 2019
    @Aggroman15 Makes sense in lore. If Time Spiral has taught us anything...

(Also, I'm pretty sure Niyan can find his parents now. Unless someone fixes whatever caused this mess in the first place XD)
  • Woo, one entrant left. I’ll give y’all till Friday night. If there aren’t any submissions by then, i’m starting.
  • edited November 2019
    And me over here resurrecting my old DnD character. Hopefully Darion will find a wife this time...
  • Ok, story time!

Niyan isn't quite sure why he isn't dead or what this place is, but he doesn't really care right now as the important thing is that he's somehow still alive. He hangs his cloak on a coat rack next to the door, and takes a look around. The first thing he notices, of course, are the people, of all races, shapes, and sizes. The ones that immediately stick out to him are the strange beast that seems to have a large tower protruding from it's back, and the leafy dragon-looking creature. Other than that, there are many different kinds of people but at least the rest are humanoid. He spends a bit of time wandering around the main hall, and overhears that the mansion is run by a vampire This immediately makes him distrust the place. If the vampires in this strange place are anything like the ones back home, then he knows that the host must be up to something. But for now, he decides to put the mysterious aura of the mansion out of his mind for a few minutes, and sit down to rest. He did just die, after all.
  • edited November 2019
    Yeah... Stitian vampires are... less than trustworthy, for the most part. Especially the ones from the Reliqid Clan. There is one that seems to have good intentions, however...
  • @Everyone THE MANSION WILL SOON BEGIN! 3 Hours for anyone else to enter.
  • Omae wa, mou shindeiru
This discussion has been closed.