So I want to challenge you all to create cards based on phobias. WOTC has actually printed a few like Pyrophobia, Triskaidekaphobia, and Claustrophobia.
But there are way more phobias that aren't represented out there. For example: Agoraphobia by me
Or Anuptophobia by @Ranshi922
: So then Rules
1. New cards only
2. Must be based on a phobia (repeats are allowed)
3. Can be any card type
4. Limit 3 entries please
5. YOU MUST
CREDIT THE ARTIST (or your entry will be disqualified). What does crediting the artist mean:
- You must make a good faith effort to find the original artist's name or username (for sites like
pintrest/deviantart/flickr etc.) and use that name in the box in cardsmith crafter labeled "Artwork artist"
- If you cannot find the artist after a good faith effort, please note this somewhere in your entry post
- You will not be penalized if you failed after making a good faith effort
6. Contest will close in 2 weeks (December 14th, 2019)And Judging Criteria (in order of importance)
1. Flavor: How well does your card represent the phobia?
2. Balance: Does your card fit in its power level? - ie. is it realistic and how likely would WOTC be to print a similar card?
3. Creativity: In what interesting mechanical way does your card represent the phobia?
Points will be awarded 1-5 for each category. The card with the highest points will win first place, the next highest points will win second, etc. So what do you win?
First place: 5 favorites
Second place: 3 favorites
Third place: 2 favorites
Up to 3 honorable mentions (at my discretion): 1 favorite
And some additional prizes (at my discretion):
Best flavor overall: 1 favorite
Most well balanced: 1 favorite
Most Creative: 1 favorite
Best flavor text: 1 favorite
Chaos pick (a randomly chosen entry): 1 favorite (pray to the RNG gods)
And that's about it. Oh, and here's a handy Phobia List
if you need some inspiration. Ganbatte!