Alternate color pie

2»

Comments

• @EnvyReaper

I think I disagree.

First of all, black encompasses fear pretty well already, and I don't know how we hell we are supposed to make 'boredom'.

I want to thank you for providing this alternate take, and I will definitely keep it at the back of my head, but I find the model presented by @Pepperoni to be far more inspiring, even if less similar to what magic is doing right now.
  • edited December 2019
    @HeroKP

It certainly does cross into black a little, but if you read into it you can see that it is Purple's fear of the outside world that drives it to control, the reason I said that this pie is a more primal take on WUBRG, people are afraid of the unknown, thus Purple seeks to control, which is an aspect of white

You can kind of see a little Purple in White, as Whites' drive to control can be a product of its fear of no control

Yellow encompasses curiosity, it constantly is seeking to create and to have automation as it hates the concept of static, "They dislike the notion that anything, whether it be a concept, person, culture, or object can be static", thus the land for yellow is Desert and the poster creatures for Yellow are Nomads, they are constantly changing and moving

Why do you think Blue likes Thopters and all these contraptions? It all stems from Blue's inherent curiosity in its environment
  • @EnvyReaper

Maybe we could fit this in a THIRD COLOUR PIE?!?!?!

*gets dragged off by thought police*
  • @HeroKP

As explained and seen in that thread this pie can specifically serve as an alternate pie, apparently Compassion is a little eh but for the others they can really work
  • Did I read "Thought Police"?
  • Is this still active for discussion?
  • Christ...
  • REFRESHING THIS WITH A HOT TAKE:

PURPLE is Blue + Red but also sugar rush
    YELLOW is Black when it comes out of its goth phase
    ORANGE is a baby boomer cynical Green
    BROWN is White but also communism
    PINK is White with a little Green in there but without the control freak aspect
  • I am so lost... is this all supposed to be satire, and if not, what is?
  • @Ranshi

Actually, none of this is satire. It is a thought experiment. We are being serious.
  • Bump because I enjoyed this when it happened.
  • This would be a really cool set.
  • I have actually been designing a set around these colours for about 4 months now in the r/custom magic discord.  Different color philosophies though...
  • At first I thought this was going to be a thing about the current color pie that we have, but I was wrong. My thing is, Black should be Purple, White should be Yellow, and then Green and Yellow should switch places in the color pie. Then it’s actually a color wheel! But this whole thing is cool too.
This discussion has been closed.