Recently, WOTC has pledged to improve white’s viability in older formats and Commander with symmetrical card draw, first seen in Happily Ever After in ELD.Prompt
For this challenge, I want you to design cards to showcase other ways to help white gain card advantage. Each card you submit should either push into new mechanical space for white or creatively use existing or little-used design space with novel execution.That being said, neither severe color pie bends nor color pie breaks should be submitted
Put more simply, any cards that fundamentally undermine white’s characteristic weakness (cannot get raw card advantage) is not acceptable.Rules
1) Maximum of 3 entries.
2) Old and new cards are allowed.
3) Power level and complexity must be appropriate for a standard legal set.
4) ’Symmetrical draw’ may not be used.
5) Cantrips may be used but the other effect must push into new space for white in accordance with the contest prompt.
6) No joke cards or un-cards.
7) The flavor of the card should match white’s philosophy.
8) All entries must be mono-white.Judging
Entries will be evaluated on:
— Individual card design and power level.
— Novelty / Innovation of the new / repurposed mechanical space.
— Applicability to white’s core problems (lack of longevity as the game progresses, commander, lack of card advantage potential to name a few)Prizes
1st Place: 5 Faves of your choice & 1 Circuit Point.
2nd Place: 4 Faves of your choice & 3/4 Circuit Point.
3rd Place: 3 Faves of your choice & 1/2 Circuit Point.
4th Place: 2 Faves of your choice & 1/4 Circuit Point.
5th Place: 1 Faves of your choice & 1/4 Circuit Point.
This contest will close for judging at 12AM EST on 12/20/19.
Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions in the thread below.