I had an idea... for a 1,000 card set

Comments

• There's just one at a time, and otherwise they're just enchantments, only only one is in play at a time.
  • @Leaf_Juggernaut, so each island represents a user who is influential or otherwise taking part in this?
  • edited December 2019
    @korandangels ah ok thanks

@ranshi yup. Then, there are the islands created by the lore, which anyone can make cards for. These cards are specific to color though.
  • I'm too indecisive. Somebody needs to pick out what color(s) I am...
  • @Ranshi You can be any combonation at all, and even use weird mana like snow.
  • @KorandAngels, what I am saying is that I am indecisive; I can't decide. I need someone to pick for me.
  • I'm proposing we use these symbols that Tomigon cooked up with my friend, Arin's design.

image image image image
    Common:
    https://i.imgur.com/5bt6yEi.png
    Uncommon:
    https://i.imgur.com/bdubYgs.png
    Rare:
    https://i.imgur.com/dqLF94j.png
    Mythic Rare:
    https://i.imgur.com/aQ4ku5y.png
  • edited December 2019
    @Ranshi Well, they do look nice. I think you should use it. I don't have premium though so I guess people without premium will use another symbol. I'm feeling the "MTG Promo" or "Teatime" symbol.

Also, talking about your colors. Since its a plane, it think it can have different color-tribes and characters. You can have a good and bad tribe on the same plane.
    Anyone opposed to this idea and wants it to be one tribe/group per island?
  • I am... it complicates things. Having the islands which can interact with one another is a better way to do that.
  • yea, your right. Sounds good.
    One tribe/color-theme per island?
  • Sure
    I call dibs on naya!
  • I'm thinking Grixis colors would be me.
  • edited December 2019
    So to recap what I believe we have so far:

Goal- make large set of 1000 with interesting and well done cards. Remember, simple is sometimes better.

In the lore, the god awakened from its eternal slumber and created entities that produce mana. Each entity makes it own mana. The mana includes WUBRG, snow, energy, phyrexian, etc.; there is other mana too but you get the point. They then use the mana to create floating islands in the aether. Each island is a plane and may interact with other islands since they are located together.

Your goal is to create and inhabit an Island/Plane.

There are different types of Islands:

THE FIRST ISLANDS- These islands were the first islands created of their color.

The first five were White, Blue, Black, Red, Green. There are others too but these are the main five we have for now. We plan on making First Islands for every mana combination and such in the future. Each island contains cards only of their specific color, but anyone can make cards for them; this sentence will make more sense later on. All set creators can create cards for the purpose of this island.

PERSONAL ISLANDS- Islands created by an individual/participant for personal use and can apply any colors, lore, and theme they want.

Personal Islands can contain any color scheme (including all five). They may also make reference to cards and characters in MTG or outside the game. But, they must still contain a creative element of your own. This rule may be as vague as you want it too be, but must still apply. These islands colors DO NOT correlate or replace the colors of the First Islands. For example, if you do Green/white, it won't replace the Green/White First Island. Also, color combinations are available to everyone. For example, if someone is already doing Izzet, you can also do Izzet.This is a cooperation, not a competition. Personal Islands are recommended to have a main Legendary creature to represent them. It may be their username/personification of themselves or another name they want. Creativity is encouraged. You may have more than one Personal Island, but it is recommended to make sure to add a sustainable amount of content to each one before making another one. Remember, quality over quantity.

In the future, each Island including First Islands and Personal Islands must contain an either World Enchantment or Planechase card attributed to it. For now, this is still being discussed.

Also, we can add Holiday/Seasonal Islands that include cards from a specific event. Any one will be able to make cards for these. This is currently not being discussed, but it's an idea I have for the future. For now, let's focus on the basics; which are the islands.

Final thing: I recommend to make a set on you profile for each plane/island you make cards for. Since we are trying to make a big set, this might help us organize cards better in the long run.

Have fun!
  • edited December 2019
    I'm thinking WUBRG, but with very limited supplies of blue and black, making it Mostly Naya.
  • edited December 2019
    Same here, I think of doing WUBRG with an emphasis on Green/White. Either that, or do Green/White and use the other-color cards for the First Islands. That would make things simpler for me.
  • edited December 2019
    Also, what set symbol are we going to use? @Ranshi already has a nice set symbol but it's for people with gold membership. I think gold members should us that one and everyone else use another specific one. I think we should use the "teacup" one.

Opinions before we start making cards? This will most likely be a long project so don't rush it. The point is to have fun. If it doesn't reach 1000 it doesn't matter too much as long as we accomplish something great.
  • La'ay is a demiplane of many different types of terrains. Birds flock in paradise-like rain-forests, spiders weave webs in different jungles and nomads troop over deserts on the backs of dinosaurs and beasts.
  • edited December 2019
    Just thought of mine:
    Wagrav is a primal place where a mystical lord oversees thriving fauna in lush-green forests filled with mysterious creatures and the ocean is ruled by a mechanical queen followed by an armada of automaton-fishes. (Bant colors basically)
  • Nexus is an odd portion of reality. The nearer to the Infinite Repository one gets, the more subjective the concepts of space and time become. The Infinite Repository is a towering (from some viewpoints) library, where time stands still and space is stretched to nigh-infinity. In addition to the immense collection of tomes, the Infinite Repository contains an ever-shifting network of gateways to various realms.

The primary color of Nexus is blue (time/space warping, knowledge), and its secondaries are red (chaos, unpredictability) and green (unexplored worlds).
  • How big should all of the personal islands be?

I would address the matter of color imbalance, but seeing as this set is like a loveletter to the community, it doesn't really matter.
  • edited December 2019
    @Ranshi as big as you want them to be. I don't have a set amount, but I'd say at least around 10 to 15 cards per personal Island. But more than that would be better.
  • @Ranshi If you want me to help balance any colors, I’d be happy to make a faction that balanced the colors a little more.
  • edited December 2019
    @shadow123 well, i'm not Ranshi... but sounds good :D
This discussion has been closed.