On your horizon, you see a cloud of purple and pink. You follow it. It seems to be flying faster than the other clouds, but just fast enough for you to catch up. When you finally do, a hooded figure materialises in front of you. "It is time", he says.
Guess who's back, back again, it's the Hero of the Capes! He has returned to take another batch of young factions to his magical bubble called the Kala-Niza, where planeswalking is a much easier feat, and a small battalion of trained sorcerers are enough to bring a whole empire onto another world...
If you still have no idea what the hell I just said, you will probably get it as you go along, but you are welcome to check out the threads of the first four seasons for extra context:
The challenge is to make cards for an empire that will come through the fragile Blind Eternities of the sector to colonize the plane of Mystik, a curious land filled with islands and mysteries. This time around, you will never know just what is lurking on the next island. Your empire needs:
1. A legendary creature to represent the ruler of the empire, or the one responsible for colonisation.
2. A creature to represent the army. It could be a famous general or soldier, or it could represent a run-of-the-mill private straight from the front line, whatever you think would work better.
3. A card of any type to represent how the empire handles magic. A wizard, or a magic potion, or anything really.
4. A method of transportation! You can't cruise the seas with sheer willpower, so I need you to show me what your empire will be using to waddle around.
5. And if you think of anything else, we allow up to 5 bonus cards!
Wait, did I just say we? That's right, I am joined in judging this contest with our very own @EnvyReaper
Now, how does this challenge progress? Every once in a while, I will present you with a problem. A native rebellion, an appearance of a new species of beast. You will create cards to counter that problem. An artefact to represent a pact with the natives, or a trap for the beast. I will note down your solution, and think about how that affects events.
Finally, Forced Alliances will NOT be back. We got rid of those for last season and it really seemed to work. We will instead focus this season on natural confrontation.
If this contest magically gets popular and we get to 16 contestants really quickly, I will pick out the ones I like and start the contest immediately. Otherwise, though, you have until the 10th of January to submit your entries, and I will pick 6 to 16 entries I like to participate.
P. S. : 1-3 colours for an empire only! No 4-Colour or Chromatic factions allowed!