Mission Briefing: Galaxia

Greetings, everyone! I am very excited, today, to share with you the last major project I will be releasing this year (other projects that I didn't get around to will be covered in my State of Cardsmithing tomorrow).

As some of you know, I have established myself as a sci-fi card creator, focusing on settings it is unlikely official Magic sets would explore, and this set is no different. I've done sets delving into the heavy industrial aspects of steampunk, taken a look at a plane thrust 250 years into the future, and, today, I am taking to the stars. May I proudly present Galaxia, a plane set in space!

Image credit: JASRICart

Lore:
A thousand years ago, Galaxia was a normal world, at least normal compared to what it is now, until a titanic battle between two pre-mending planeswalkers shattered the plane, and caused the Blind Eternities to start leaking in to the world. Over time, the world was fundamentally altered, land drifting and colliding until the world was warped into a series of small planetoids sitting in the middle of gaps of the Eternities. As the plane shifted, technology shifted as well, to allow beings other than planeswalkers to travel across the gaps of Eternities. While these beings still can't leave their plane, they can leave and travel between planetoids. To get across them, they built ships, capable of easily escaping the gravity of planetoids and navigating stray debris in the eternities, starships.

Cut to present day, an a mysterious threat from unknown corners of the plane is vying to take tyrannical control of the plane. Calling itself Null, in the shadows it came from, it constructed a weapon, the Extinction Cannon, a weapon that drains the matter from stars to lay waste to cities and even entire planets in one blow. Will the citizens of Galaxia be able to stop the Extinction Cannon before it can lay waste to the plane and firmly put Null in control of the world?

Details:
-Is a large set and the only set in its block. (Henceforth known as Galaxia block)
-Has 249 cards. (101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares)
-Features the following mechanics:
o Constellation—Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, [effect].
o Displace target [permanent]. (Exile it. Return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control at the beginning of the next end step.)
o Crew [Number] (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power [number] or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
o Colorless mana as a dedicated symbol in costs.
o Landfall—Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, [effect].
-Features story spotlight cards to depict key events in the set's lore.

Points of Interest
-A focus on colorless cards and colorless mana without leaning on the Eldrazi to explain it.
-A heavy "enters the battlefield" theme present throughout all the colors in their own unique way.
-A unqiue, space aesthetic meant to make the player feel they are drifting through space, exploring the unknown.
-The first planeswalker to use Colorless Mana in its casting cost

If you wish to view the set, please check it out here! http://www.planesculptors.net/set/galaxia#cards
*If you're wondering why this takes you to a site other than MTGCS, that is because I actually used another custom card creator, Magic Set Editor, which allows for more customization options and flexibility as far as card design goes.

Feedback, positive or critical, would be greatly appreciated. Also, it would be great if you could help me to catch any spelling or wording errors in the cards. Just let me know in the comments!

Thanks for checking this out!
--Arceus8523

Comments

This discussion has been closed.